Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
as a reminder crota CE hardmode releases tomorrow 10am PST, so its probably a good idea to not do CE today so you can run HM and try to double dip on loot. You can still loot the first chest today though, chests are only single loot per run and who knows maybe the HM release will reset the chests.

Even if you aren't 32 i'd wait, who knows what exploits people may come up with and its not like bungie won't take 5+ weeks to fix em

also from leaked info from the comet expansion in sept, it seems character levels will be raised to 30 (from 20), a new subclass will be unlocked for each class, and light levels will go up to 46 (from 32 now and probably 34 in house of wolves)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The only way the current exploits won't work is if mechanic changes to the encounters make them invalid. They won't have fixed anything in the week since the last update

spronk

FPS noob
News > Destiny Hot Fix - 01/20/2014 | Bungie.net

1.1.0.4 : The one with Crota's End Hard Mode.
Before we manually release the Hard Mode version of Crota's End, we're deploying another round of fixes.

Raids
Crota's End
Prepared Hard Mode for manual activation on Wednesday, January 21st
Updates on the exact go-time will be given via Twitter after 10AM

Bridge Encounter
Players are no longer able to de-spawn enemies after activating bridge plates and holding a specific spot

Crota Encounter
Fixed a rare issue that caused Crota to stop summoning Oversouls

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
News > Destiny Hot Fix - 01/20/2014 | Bungie.net

1.1.0.4 : The one with Crota's End Hard Mode.
Before we manually release the Hard Mode version of Crota's End, we're deploying another round of fixes.

Raids
Crota's End
Prepared Hard Mode for manual activation on Wednesday, January 21st
Updates on the exact go-time will be given via Twitter after 10AM

Bridge Encounter
Players are no longer able to de-spawn enemies after activating bridge plates and holding a specific spot

Crota Encounter
Fixed a rare issue that caused Crota to stop summoning Oversouls
Bridge fix doesn't really affect solo play that I can tell, as it was just as easy to do without deactivating the spawns on near side (actually quicker that way).

Would be interesting to see if warlock method of dieing and reviving everyone once one person is across would work

I'm actually surprised they didn't make it so that you had to stand on the plate to activate the bridge on the abyss. Would make it much harder to solo if you had to kill thralls while trying to snipe the ogre

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So apparently the warlock method works. Quicker than getting all 6 members across, but if HM doesn't allow revives then only locks will be able to help snipe

sarthis_sl

shitlord
Most likely the chests will only give loot once total, not once per raid difficulty mode. There was only one chest in VoG that would give loot twice -- chests that only gave materials were once total.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
So apparently the warlock method works. Quicker than getting all 6 members across, but if HM doesn't allow revives then only locks will be able to help snipe
Yeah, seems everyone in my group will bring warlocks tonight. That self-rez is "balanced"
smile.png

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Has anyone actually had a pleasant time grouping through destinylfg? I'm pretty much like 0 for 10 on trying to finish a nightfall and like 1 for 20 on heroic weeklies. I thought woahcrafts community was awful but god damn these console people take it to another level of shit.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I solo nightfalls and weeklies if my friends aren't on. I've had success with destinylfg.com (not destinylfg.net) for raids though.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
If you have to use LFG, you'll likely have better luck on Tuesday immediately after the weekly resets (when the hardcores are playing).

LFG can be hit-or-miss for sure, partly due to level 31 vendor-gear creating a scenario in which you can get matched up with under-equipped and inexperienced scrubs. With raid content you can usually finish at least most checkpoints with a group of randoms, but when you are in a nightfall with people with blue weapons and no burn damage modifiers, it can become super frustrating.

On the flip side, to this date my fastest VoG hard-mode clears have been with LFG groups.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Looks like the only changes aside from level and no revive are to the crota event.

Boomers are yellow, yellow wizards spawn from boomer towers (possibly when both are killed), a gatekeeper spawns and no chalice.

Primaries aren't just from crota. Pulse rifles have been dropping from thrall maze, heard bridge was dropping AR.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm at crota HM now, first part of the raid isn't too bad we cheesed the fuck out of it - can still stand on top of rock by bridge, can cheese bridge with warlocks. deathsinger is harder, shit hits hard and timer is down to 2:10 or so. crota is definitely way harder.

i got abyss defiant (auto rifle) from bridge and oversoul edict (pulse rifle) from lamps, both pretty meh primary weapons

used pickup group from destinylfg.net i have no probs with it clearing 3x nightfalls and 3x crota every week, you have to be smart about picking groups though don't take shitty groups who have underleveled people

Xevy

Log Wizard
Duo'd first part, Edict Oversoul (pulse rifle) definitely drops from Lamps stage. I saw AR drop from bridge stage (and it looks to be unbelievably good) on a twitch stream. Ir Yut once again going to be a huge bitch. I can see duoing up to a point in HM, but definitely not Crota and probably not Ir Yut.

33 Yellow Ogres take 5 Gjallarhorn shots to kill. Yikes.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah tried crota for about 2 hours just couldn't do it, its not really that much harder than crota normal - only new mechanics really are wizard instead of 3d melee knight on sides, no chalice, and gatekeeper at pool. but the boomers hit hard as FUCK and so does crota so it requires a near flawless execution and not getting hit by stuff, which is terribly difficult at 32 when mobs are all 33. we got him to 50% a bunch of times but then something would go wrong and everything would go to hell.

not sure if there are new cheeses or not, i tried the dragons breath one and it didn't work for me at least. anyways its a good raid and pretty well tuned, i imagine they will slowly nerf it over time to let more people get kills in. at 33 or 34 it should be super easy.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Got the pulse rifle x2, AR x2 doing the lamps and bridge, does this mean that Crota drops both Scout Rifle and Hand Cannon?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Got the pulse rifle x2, AR x2 doing the lamps and bridge, does this mean that Crota drops both Scout Rifle and Hand Cannon?
On the stream I watched he did, indeed, drop both. Not for the same person, obviously.

Having no chalice is actually pretty cool, because it means you'll use a lot of garbage exotics you might not have before to counter it. Stuff like helms with orb heals, Suros Regime, Red Death, heal on melee helms, etc. Kinda nice way to break the cookie cutter gameplay of "IB OR GJALLARHORN". Though, I think with the 33 shit Jellyhorn is still the tits as long as it doesn't face-seek a thrall near you and own you.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
In our HM run Titans were able to heal themselves during Crota by dropping their bubbles. Didn't heal anyone else though. A hunter tried using their blade dancer but it did not heal them. Didn't try Golden Gun or any Warlock supers to see if they heal or not.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If they have the perk with armor inside the bubble, it definitely boosts their hp to full when activated. You can notice it in PVP when you almost kill a Titan then they bubble and immediately go full and shielded. Suckers will try to walk in there and punch them down thinking they just have the blue shield and low health, but booooyyy.... they don't.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I was one of the titans that was able to heal themselves and I had weapons of light spec'ed not armor of light or blessing of light. Other titan had Blessing of Light spec'ed and his bubble healed him. So neither of us had the perk you are describing.

Not sure what that means in the long run or if its another glitch.