Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good thing Nightfall this week is quick and easy...only had time to run it once on my main, and all I got were 10 ascent shards. Ascent shards/energy shouldn't even be on the Nightfall loot table, blah.

I'll look you guys up tomorrow. Hopefully someone will be doing CE or has the VoG gorgon cp.

spronk

FPS noob
one thing for crota HM - the sword bearer should be fireteam leader and zone into his own solo version first before everyone else joins him, that way there is no lag for him. If anyone on your team is red network wise (go to fireteam screen and the bars on the right side) they should restart their console or come another day, red lag basically can fuck you over.

those two things fix like 90% of the problems with crota animations fucking stuff up, you still need to deal with the swordbearer being a gay ass bitch

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Xur has never, to my knowledge, had Hard Light for sale. Ever. So disappointing.
I got a Hard Light from my 2nd VOG and put it in the vault for an alt, didn't figure I'd ever use it over my MIDA, IB or Dragon's Breath. Is it good?

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Nightfall loved me this week, got 2nd starfire protocol, 3rd armamentarium and finally got a Heart of Praxic Fire. Finally Got Hunger of Crota to boot. Deathsinger has given me my 2nd dragonbreath (although 3 people got it from that kill plus someone got a NLB) and my 2nd Red Death, haven't killed her a third time yet this week.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
swordbearer being a gay ass bitch
Something I've been doing the past two weeks AS the swordcarrier is remaining in the ogre room. So we all exit crystal room as a group, kill the first swordbearer as a group, but from that point forward I stay in ogre room after each sword phase. When in there you can essentially keep the attention of the swordbearer 100% of the time, as well as kill him rather easy assuming you have a black hammer.

For us this has mitigated wasted attempts and negated all the pathing fuckery that the swordbearer exhibits. a la running up the stairs in to the crystal room, running into ogre rooms when we're in the center, etc..

sarthis_sl

shitlord
FYI -- I have the VOG maze/chest checkpoint on one of my characters, so I can set people up with that tonight if requested.

Also, I'm down for giving Crota another go this evening. So frustrating that we essentially beat him half a dozen times the other night...

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
FYI -- I have the VOG maze/chest checkpoint on one of my characters, so I can set people up with that tonight if requested.

Also, I'm down for giving Crota another go this evening. So frustrating that we essentially beat him half a dozen times the other night...
If it saved correctly, i have the maze cp too if people need it. I'm up for crota too. Been bothering me all week that we got so close but didn't get a win. Hopefully it will be less buggy this time.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I may or may not be on tonight, will try to be.

On the bright side we were consistently getting him to enrage

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Excuse me for sounding like an idiot but how does the weekly nightfall strike compare to the lvl 26 ones? I've hit lvl 29 and suck so far at crucible so need something to do. Is a mic necessary for it as well?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Excuse me for sounding like an idiot but how does the weekly nightfall strike compare to the lvl 26 ones? I've hit lvl 29 and suck so far at crucible so need something to do. Is a mic necessary for it as well?
Nightfall compared to the 26 strike is a lot harder. Mobs come in much larger numbers and have more hp and shields.

You don't need a mic. Just listen to whomever is explaining the strategies and you will catch on quickly.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I may or may not be on tonight, will try to be.

On the bright side we were consistently getting him to enrage
Heard from a few folks that his enrage animation is flaky this week after the resets. Prevailing wisdom seems to be to slightly delay firing your rockets after he stands up to make sure the rocket hits properly register. So do a 3..2..1 countdown after the enrage the same way we were doing on the first kill we got.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
You have to be more careful in the nightfalls because there are burn modifiers in effect that effect both your damage and the enemies damage. So while in the lvl 26 strikes you can take a few hits before having to find cover, in the lvl 30 nightfall you will get destroyed pretty quick when taking damage. So just have to be alittle more methodical about your approach. The good news is this weeks NF has all 3 elemental damage bonuses going so it makes for a fun fight.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Burn modifiers usually mean you get killed in 2-3 shots, so don't act like fuckin Rambo and you should be fine.

I have finished VOG twice and soloed half of Crota's End but I still have yet to finish a Nightfall :/

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Would definitely recommend a mic for nightfalls and raids. If you're getting to the point that you want to do that level stuff weekly, you pretty much need one. I don't really "know" anyone that plays this game, but I've recently begun running the nightfall and crota's end each week with groups I find on r/Fireteams or destinylfg.net, and it just wouldn't work without a mic. Despite all the haters, I'm having a blast playing this shit.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you know the strikes, you don't really need a mic, even with strangers. For raids? Get a mic even just to say, "hey I'm new, tell me what I need to do." But for nightfalls, it's personal preference. I have a 2 month old that I'd stay up late with so my wife could get some sleep and I'd play destiny. I couldn't use a mic because it'd be too loud. I had the TV muted, as well. I played plenty of nightfalls without a mic. But I had to pay close attention to visual cues on where my team was and what they were doing.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Thanks for all the replies, I've got a wireless headset that was an Xmas gift I should probably pull it out of the box and give it a shot. This is the first game on PS3 I've played that's not single person, I usually stick to PC MMO's.

Nightfall strike is 3 person or 6?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Ugh, just rage quit after wiping on the nightfall boss for the 5th time. 85+ kills and the other two dudes were under 20. Lesson learned, don't bother reviving bad players.

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ugh, just rage quit after wiping on the nightfall boss for the 5th time. 85+ kills and the other two dudes were under 20. Lesson learned, don't bother reviving bad players.
That's beyond awful. With all three burns the Boss should fall in minutes. Only time I wiped on Nightfall this week was to some weird glitch where I died but still had the other two members alive and it still kicked us to Orbit. Even including that I managed to get two Nightfall runs in inside of 40 minutes. If you're on tomorrow morning/early afternoon I will be willing to help. PSN name is same as Forum, just note you're from RR and I'll add.