Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a trick to transfering a checkpoint? Got vog gorgon chest and then died to supposedly save the cp. Last night after doing some crota hm attempts i tried going to vog to help give the chest to some people but there was no resume option and it started me outside by the spire building event.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can still roll 2 weekly / nightfalls on alts. I'll attempt to get that VoG checkpoint from someone too for my side of the friends list.

Seems I had the friend invites turned off, I'll fix that tonight.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a trick to transfering a checkpoint? Got vog gorgon chest and then died to supposedly save the cp. Last night after doing some crota hm attempts i tried going to vog to help give the chest to some people but there was no resume option and it started me outside by the spire building event.
change to hard mode?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you're on tomorrow morning/early afternoon I will be willing to help.
Thanks, ended up soloing it and it was so much easier being patient and not having to deal with tards. The frustration was not worth the 12 strange coins but I did get two exotic shards out of it I guess.

spronk

FPS noob
That's beyond awful. With all three burns the Boss should fall in minutes. Only time I wiped on Nightfall this week was to some weird glitch where I died but still had the other two members alive and it still kicked us to Orbit. Even including that I managed to get two Nightfall runs in inside of 40 minutes. If you're on tomorrow morning/early afternoon I will be willing to help. PSN name is same as Forum, just note you're from RR and I'll add.
that happens if you are in a different part of the nightfall than the others. for example if you are in this weeks boss area and your two friends are behind in the previous "canyon run" area, if you die the nightfall considers 0 people alive in the boss area and sends you to orbit. thats why its important for everyone to stick together, or if you are alone in a restricted-spawn area (skull) don't die.

xur is up and selling meh, i guess for hunters you should get don't touch me but plan c and glass helm aren't that good
Xur Megathread 2/6/15 - 2/8/15 : DestinyTheGame

with the next DLC looking like its going to be pushed back to may 10th not sure what there is left in destiny for me. Necrochasm is such a shitty weapon, I tried it out yesterday in PVP and constantly was emptying clips into peoples faces while they ran up and shotgunned me to death. The thrall explosion effect is shit too, doesn't go off nearly enough in PVE and doesn't do enough damage. Yet another exotic to stick in the bank, oh well at least no reason to run Crota raid anymore.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Where do you get May 10th? Deej said yesterday the only expectation should be Q2, April-June.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anybody wanna do some quick full runs of CE normal this weekend? I need to do it twice for shards and it should be enough for me to hit 32. I keep spending my limited playtime just trying hm crota himself and am not making level progress since i get 0 shards if he doesn't die.

spronk

FPS noob
you could try this (warning super annoying youtuber)

lenas: someone fast forwarded their console date and when they hit may 19th a bunch of HoW DLC gear suddenly started popping up around the tower, which is why everyone thinks HoW is coming out then. In March there is supposed to be a small story mission that unlocks that is sort of a prequel for HoW.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait wait wait. I thought HoW was March, no? Jesus that is some bad news if april-june is now the new marker. Content is just so stale atm. Afraid that once my core group of friends stops for just a week it's done. Shitty news.

Speaking of news. Didn't see anyone post this info?

Bungie is overhauling some weapon types in the next Destiny update - Destructoid

Bungie has posted its weekly update for Destiny, and surprise, it actually has some substance for once.

New weapon changes are coming, mostly to the tune of auto rifle, shotgun, pulse rifle, and hand cannon adjustments. The former is the biggest class that needed an overhaul, mostly because they're completely useless. Pulse Rifles will now do 9.7% more damage across the board -- in other words, it may make the Oversoul Edict worth using. It's not a huge buff, but the following nerfs will make them more attractive (cue maniacal laughing at Bungie).

Yep, hand cannons are now getting reduced range, a reduction to initial accuracy, and damage and accuracy penalties for follow-up shots -- sorry Fatebringer fans. Auto rifles are going to be even worse, with a further 2.5% damage decrease, and a reduction in range. Fusion rifles will be getting a slight nerf with a less reliable arc at range, and slightly less of an initial ammo count (this is said to be a PVP oriented change and isn't a big deal).

Finally, shotguns are going a double-damage increase (whoa) against PVE enemies (not in PVP), and you'll start with less ammo in PVP. Now they just need to make The 4th Horseman not shit.

In other words, my current combo for all three of my characters that wrecks shop (maxed out Fang of Crota, Black Hammer, and Gjallarhorn) is completely untouched. Ok then!

The absolute worst part of the weekly update though is the talk of the timeline for House of Wolves' release. It was initially rumored for March, which would have been perfect since we're already bored of Crota Hard Mode, but now they're going all marketing speak on us with "Quarter 2."

The vast majority of my hardcore Destiny group is basically done with the game. I already have three of each primary and the Crux of Crota, so I'm done as well outside of helping the occasional friend until new content comes out. Which...could be up to four more months now.

Yikes! If that thing drops and its as underwhelming as the first DLC, that game is going to have major problems, and Bungie will lose even more consumer trust than they already did with Destiny in general.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure I will ever do Crota HM again. I burned through 15 heavy ammo synths last night and didn't kill him. All for loot I don't really care about. Then Xur shows up and for like the 5th week in a row with NO HEAVY AMMO SYNTHS for sale. So instead of actually using some of the 125 strange coins I have sitting in my bank collecting dust I guess I get to glimmer farm in the exclusion zone endlessly so I can buy a synth off the gunsmith for 1k each. All this because of a fucking bug Bungie has known about since launch. I don't care if Xur is random, the right thing for Bungie to do would be to put Heavy ammo synths on him manually until they fix their bug. The mentality of this company is fucking mind boggling.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Johnny, if you are up to try the new cheese I'll give that a try with you and say fuck it to legit kills if it works

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I would be up for cheesing and that video made it look super easy, which is about all of the effort I am willing to put into it anymore lol.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Haha...... here is a post I read on the Reddit Xur Megathread and sums up my feelings perfectly about Xurs inventory.

"Do you want to hear a joke about gjallahorn? Nvm, you'll never get it"

/sadpanda

Lenas

Trump's Staff
What do you do if your PS4 is wireless? If I unplugged my actual router I wouldn't be able to get back in game for like 3 minutes and would miss everything.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What do you do if your PS4 is wireless? If I unplugged my actual router I wouldn't be able to get back in game for like 3 minutes and would miss everything.
You go into settings and uncheck the connect to Internet box when someone tells you. I'm not sure how this works honestly, looks like the person disconnecting can't get the loot. Also, not sure if it will work with more than 2 people