Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Went from a new character (boosted to 25) all the way to 40 and light 215 tonight just doing the story solo. I have a couple quests left for main story that are just a pain to solo.

If you play on XB1 feel free to add me.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Got my armsday weapon today and got a choice of two possible gun with different perks, so that was nice. There are both primary and a sniper rifle orders this week so you can pick up a primary and the sniper if you so choose. All the orders still only require reputation level 1 with him even though I'm at 2. Small chance might get to 3 before the end of the day so maybe new things open?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, the class quest for create 7 orbs 3 times in a single strike sucks. I wish I could enter a strike solo. Any ways to cheese this?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The first strike in the game with the giant servitor at the end. Just turn around and go to where you drop in on earth patrol and farm those 3 elite hive in the basement. 1 shotting them with super gives 7 balls. then once you have the 3 done go kill the boss with the group.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
The first strike in the game with the giant servitor at the end. Just turn around and go to where you drop in on earth patrol and farm those 3 elite hive in the basement. 1 shotting them with super gives 7 balls. then once you have the 3 done go kill the boss with the group.
Or just, you know, go "patrol earth", go down the basement and kill them, run up the stairs, run down the stairs and repeat. No need to bother people doing strikes with delays.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You dont even have to run up stairs. There is a big box there right outside the room, just jump ontop of it, jump down and go back to the room and they are respawned. tested this myself and it worked.

Also todays daily has a hidden challenge that awards an exotic black spindle (black hammer) and supposedly a chance at a ship(unconfirmed). Do the mission and then when running out, go to the catch thats part of that one strike. Its filled with taken and at the end there is a boss you have to kill them all. If you do this within the 10 min countdown you get the exotic. bring buddies.
edit: Reding into it a bit more if you wipe before getting on the ship, the door wont open, so dont wipe.

Guide:Exotic Sniper Black Spindle (Black Hammer Year 2) A comprehensive guide. : DestinyTheGame

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Or just, you know, go "patrol earth", go down the basement and kill them, run up the stairs, run down the stairs and repeat. No need to bother people doing strikes with delays.
You must be in a strike and complete it, to get the quest credit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You can still do this in a strike on earth just load one up. Sucks to be a dick to the others, but oh well.

spronk

FPS noob
I just did the black spindle bonus extra in a destinyLFG pug, its insanely hard we finished with just 22 secs left. I'd recommend everyone be at least 295 light, use your swords for the first two rooms and then rockets for the third room. Killing the boss stops adds spawning but you have to clear them a bit or they overwhelm you fast. I got the 310 sniper rifle Black Spindle which is basically black hammer 2.0 and a legendary ship. I don't think anyone is going to be soloing this anytime soon, its really an insane amount of 290 or 300 mobs in the final room and there is nowhere to hide. I did it with titan (me) as sunbreaker and two golden gun hunters, I think a 3x titan group would be the easiest since you can put up a bubble and have the other two go sunbreaker.

Its really awesome bungie is putting in tons of hidden stuff like this, there are probably more in daily story and strikes to figure out

the easiest way to do the 7 orbs quest is to do undying mind strike, there are 2 areas where a TON of yellow mobs spawn. The first is right before the first "boss", just go nuts but be sure to aim right so you are hitting at least 3 yellow mobs. The second area is the boss itself, when he is at like 75% and 50% health he spawns a ton of yellow mobs on the left and right sides of the rooms, just go nuts there. Its really only hard on a warlock, the other classes have much easier times fulfilling the quest terms. You can probably make a fireteam on destinyLFG to just do the quest and run that strike. I wouldn't do the go earth patrol way, if you wipe in a strike you get pulled to the team so if the other 2 people die you get teleported away.

spronk

FPS noob
just did this weeks T3, its basically crota including sword bearer, shield mechanic, kneel, etc. pretty fun in 4-5 man groups. nothing special loot wise though, just engrams and stuff and maybe a legendary for the rune holder

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
So with Court of Oryx, you only get fancy loot if you actually spend a rune, right? The rest of the time you can't actually access the chest?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So with Court of Oryx, you only get fancy loot if you actually spend a rune, right? The rest of the time you can't actually access the chest?
Correct. Though you can still get good amounts of loot from the mobs since there are so many that get killed.

Do you only get one chance at the Black Spindle per character, or can you restart the daily heroic and trigger the event again?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
LOL @ the balance up, not down people. Yeah balance every single other weapon up instead of fixing the one weapon that is borked. Whiny ass bitches.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Is anyone online to run that mission with me, or do I need to PUG it up?! NDizzl0r on PS4

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
Using a rune pretty much ensures you will get something from the chest. If you do not use a rune, you can still get something, but it will be rare. Also, since the chest pops out engrams, they often roll to the ground below the platform. That said, most loot is going to come from killing all the trash that spawns. I get far more engrams from that when compared to the chest.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
You must be in a strike and complete it, to get the quest credit.
Ah I missed that part. Sorry!
smile.png