Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
LOL @ the balance up, not down people. Yeah balance every single other weapon up instead of fixing the one weapon that is borked. Whiny ass bitches.
I only bothered doing the mission once because I liked the look, but I would not say its a "easy" mission to do, nor that 310 level on that weapon is wrong. Its a fitting reward for doing it.

Sure, raiders who got stuff from the raid (90% of them following the video guides, so lets not fool ourselves and claim we are much better then casual scrubs or that we "deserve" better gear then them because we raid) had a way easier time with this and think it was too easy, but I personaly do not think so.

Anyhow, used the exotic-o-matic to get all other legendary and exotic special weapons I use to 300, so there is always that /shrug.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Only had one shot at the heroic last night because my regular group was super late getting online. With one guy in 270s gear, it was pretty damn hard. We were about a minute late getting to the boss room. Better luck next time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, me(293) and my son(280) tried it last night and no dice. Took too long in the first two rooms got into the boss room with like 4 min to spare, just not enough time. Didnt know to shoot the spawning orbs (duh). We only tried it once and said fuck it, maybe next time.

Its nice for Bungie to have shit like this, this is the way the game need to be in the beginning, instead of ballerhorning everything in your path solo. This is the best change IMO, to get rid of those OP weapons. Now people have to think, strategize, and best of all earn some of those exotics.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It was very difficult to get the Spindle last night. I saw the nerf is incoming so I had dismantled it via infusion before we even hit orbit after I go it.

Right now I'm using three of coins before they nerf them to stock up on a ton of exotic engrams. Once I get 300 light (299 currently) I'll decrypt them all for 310's and use them to 310 all my gear.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I doubt they'll nerf the 3 of Coins this week. Maybe they will, but it seems like they usually take a little more time.

It would happen tonight if at all, right? Before Xur pops back up?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Three of Coins changed where if used in rapid succession, they are less effective. But if you use them on strike bosses, nothing should change

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I bought like 50 of them and did the exploit to get a few exotics, some were doubles, some were for my other classes so I gave up. But still getting those few exotics at like light level 220 when I did them was a major power boost. Bought 30 more before xur left and just have been using them in strikes, but still getting doubles at like a 1 in 5 rate if I remember to use it before boss dies. I think I got like 3 telestos and 2 new suros, and a few of those shitty radar hunter helmets, also got two different arms for my titan one of them being the one that gives you more heavy ammo drops, that one helm that lets you glide in air while ADS, A new warlock chest, the one thats all black and has blue star thing on the front, and some 1.0 upgraded warlock helmet.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
My one exotic engram from coins gave me a year 2 Chest of Alpha Lupi that I've been pretty happy with. The perks aren't as ideal as they could be, but it's a reasonable piece of gear.

I'm trying to decide where to burn up my marks at the moment. I have enough to snag a Bad Juju and I'm pretty tempted. I hear good things about the year 2 version. It's just hard to give up a good scout rifle.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I love my scout, use it 99% of the time but did get the red death because I already hit 200 marks limit and had to spend it on something. Maybe next I will get bad juju, the pulse rifles are definitely better since 2.0 patch.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Oh wait, there's a limit of 200 marks? Well shit. Yeah, then I'm definitely buying Bad Juju or Red Death unless Xur has something amazing this week.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was dismantling like 3 pieces of legendary gear one day after doing some strikes and noticed i was not getting my marks anymore. Then I looked and I had 200 already. I thought I had like 150.

spronk

FPS noob
beyond infusing best things to buy with marks (imo) are

(1) vanguard or speaker ghost, if you don't have one thats 280+ but the first raid boss drops a 300 ghost
(2) dead orbit Hung Jury SR4 (150 marks). Awesome gun, high mag, firefly, good range, all around great go to gun until you get more raid guns.
(3) bad juju, awesome gun for just farming and killing adds and building up supers.

assuming you get a black spindle there goes your exotic slot most of the time so BJ isn't as useful in the raid. Or you might use an exotic shotgun in PVP. Still BJ is great for just solo stuff.

and yeah the patch today nerfed chain farming with 3 of Coins, its still useful though to pop in strikes and raids. I did a quick 1h farm before the patch, used my last 40 coins and got 10 engrams which I'm saving until I am 300+

black spindle isn't nerfed yet but bungie tweeted out that they will set all BS's to 290 light. For now you can buy 300 ones out of the ipad blueprint thing and infuse other weapons, and infuse a 300 throwaway wep with your 310 to make it 308. Then take the 290 one after the nerf, infuse it to 300 with something else, then infuse it with your 308 throway to make it 306-308.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It sucks that all the exotics you can buy are 280 though. I don't want to have to lose like 2-3 light levels to use my new exotic weapons etc.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I hoard blues of anything above 280 just for that purpose. Stick em in the bank and wait for exotics that need imbued.

I'm using Jade Rabbit right now as an exotic, and don't yet have a Black Spindle. I do have a 298 solar sniper that I've been pretty happy with, so that's fine for now. I really wish I knew what exotic armor was intended to be used with Nightstalker. Ahamkara Grips and Alpha Lupi both feel like they belong to Gunslinger. I haven't settled on an exotic armor piece for the long haul yet.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It seems like some of the year two exotics are still locked in some way. Meaning no one I know got anything other than a few year two exotics doing the farm thing. Most of them got year two variants of year one exotics. Only ones im seeing is the telesto, that arc pimary auto rifle, warlock chest with the blue star on it and the titan helm with the ADS while in the air thing. I have heard a few people getting that year two titan helm with the rocket launcher tracking. Oh and that Warlock helmet with the horns. Not sure about huntards.

And yeah its pretty easy to get an exotic 280 up to 290+ A few 36 strikes or court of oryx runs should net you a few upgrades per day. It definitely slows down after 290, but I still manage to get 2-3 engrams per day that are infuse worthy in the 294-298 range. Best way I found is do a step upgrade, like go from 280 infused with a 288 to get you 286, then use a 292 to get it 291. Save those 298-300 infusions for your last infusion so you can be as close to 300 as possible. Because if you use the 300 infusion on a 280 gun it only gets you to 296. But if you use the 300 infusion on a 296 gun it gets you 299. Yeah you end up using more marks, but youre also getting closer to that 300 light. Youre getting 30 marks per day for free anyways through the PvP and the daily mission.

Destiny Infusion Calculator

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'd be happy with either one. I do love the fast res perk on Alpha Lupi, though. It was a drop, so it started at 290 and has carried me a long way.

I've heard that if you're within 5 atk or armor and infuse, you get the full amount. So a 296 can go up to 300, etc. Dunno if that's true or not.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
^^^That app I linked says a 296 infused with 300 gets you to 299. But not sure on accuracy. And to confirm I upgraded my 290 telesto with a 295 blue, and it turned into a 294.

There is rumors on reddit that if you are in the 290+ range, say 292 or something, if you get down to 285 by equipping some crappier stuff, your chances to score a 290+ engram decrypt rises, but I have not tested this out. Seems logical since I hit 290 most of my engrams are decrypting at 260-280 with the rare one being a 290+. But this is not confirmed and just a rumor. Anyone here try this?