Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Has anyone seen people using Touch of Malice as a weapon infuser and then pulling the 280 from the blueprint and just getting it close enough?

Does it make a ton of difference being 310 instead of like 300? For raid that is. I read that the 310 can stagger Oryx itself but I wonder if it would be good enough as like a 300 or 305.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Thanks Utnayan for the help on last boss, got my Touch of Malice. Just need more hadium flakes to upgrade it.
Here for ya bud. Thanks for the help back. That Venus thing was driving me nuts.

Did the nightfall last night with a few pals. It was intense. I am not sure how the hell we made it out of there alive. And there were times when 2 of us were down for the count with 20 seconds left each before a revive was active. Those are always awesome adrenaline pumping fun.

Until I get a mote of light as the reward.

Column_sl

shitlord
Has anyone seen people using Touch of Malice as a weapon infuser and then pulling the 280 from the blueprint and just getting it close enough?

Does it make a ton of difference being 310 instead of like 300? For raid that is. I read that the 310 can stagger Oryx itself but I wonder if it would be good enough as like a 300 or 305.
Everything currently is capped at 300. The game works exactly like the old game, if you go over their light level it makes no difference.

We don't know much about Heroic mode yet and what light level it will max out at.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I did Nightfall last night also and got a 280 legendary piece that was garbage and some motes of light ....
And that quest you helped me with, I got done with some of the other parts, and received a 220 piece of purple armor... I didn't even look at it before dismantling.

Are these quests even worth it to do? Trying to figure out how the itemization is working out on that when even for 2 people in a strike team with 296 and 300 light level, takes quite a while and to be rewarded with that is pretty damn retarded.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Super High Impact sniper from last weeks orders with luck in the chamber. Bungie will you ever learn, btw that kills with one body shot. /facepalm

At least I got mine for trials since it's essentially the new final round.
No its not, not even close. With the nerfed special ammo drops its not as efficient as final round was. You knew exactly with final round, this one youre gonna spend 2-3 bullets per clip to land on the special round just to get a body shot? OP, maybe, but not gamebreaking like final round was with all the special ammo you could have in a match in yr 1.

I hear the scopes on todays roll are horrible. I think im going to wait for next weeks rolls....maybe.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am just doing every single quest I can because why not. It gives me something to do and I might unlock something else that could matter who knows.

They don't have good itemization for quest rewards but maybe just having the quests done will unlock something that brings more to the table?

The problem with us is that we are too damn efficient. My son got home from school and I told him I did like 30 calcified fragments and also farmed up another sword and finished the TTK story on the hunter to unlock patrols. He was shocked at how efficient I was because that would take him days. It took me a few hours because I knew the story quests and what I could skip in them and run past from doing them only once before. I memorized an efficient farming route for flakes because it was obvious to me. My kid is good, probably better than me when it comes to mechanics overall and definitely better at penis-vs-penis which I hate. He just doesn't know how an "MMO" works or how to be efficient in a game that has any kind of farming involved and I think a lot of the other players are the same.

Column_sl

shitlord
No its not, not even close. With the nerfed special ammo drops its not as efficient as final round was. You knew exactly with final round, this one youre gonna spend 2-3 bullets per clip to land on the special round just to get a body shot? OP, maybe, but not gamebreaking like final round was with all the special ammo you could have in a match in yr 1.

I hear the scopes on todays roll are horrible. I think im going to wait for next weeks rolls....maybe.
I said it's the new Final Round not that it is Final round... That means every Sniper will need it to compete.
Also Final Round was never something you looked for, you either Clipped out or Final Round glitched that is what made it OP.

Nerfed ammo crates aren't effecting anyone. Can't remember the last time I ran out of sniper ammo in Elimination.

And the scopes are fine, you would litteraly have to be the worst sniper on the planet not to get a headshot easly with that weapon

My friend btw just no scoped a blade dancer with that Sniper with a body shot... So yeah Luck in the chamber is quite good. And there is also a trick to Luck in the Chamber much like the old Final Round glitch, but I will keep that one to myself until it makes it to Reddit.

Luck based weapons should never be in any type of PVP , end of story.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It's very easy to log in for an hour, putter around with some bounties and accomplish nothing constructive. It's also very easy to log in for an hour, power out a handful of exotics with 3 of Coins, burn through some faction levels, and kill Oryx.

All about how you apply your time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And there is also a trick to Luck in the Chamber much like the old Final Round glitch, but I will keep that one to myself until it makes it to Reddit.
If you reload just after LiC charge, you are 40% probability your next one will be a LiC. Its still not as reliable as spending 2 rounds in the spear and youre sure the next one is the final round. You also spawned in with 12 bullets with field scout so that netted you a guarantee 4 body shots before hunting for ammo crates. The most dangerous snipers are the ones hitting heads all day long without the need for LiC or final round anyway. This to me seems like its just not as efficient and gamebreaking as final round was.

BTW sniping is not my style anyway. Ill still use them from now and again, mainly to counter-snipe on big maps but im more of a primary/shotgun type player and most maps are tailored for that type of playstyle anyway.. And no im not competitive but I do well enough in most pub stomp matches.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Shotguns with max range/impact/shot package only 1 shot at max 5m with ADS up. Shotguns are fine. Better than they were for sure. If you see red in your radar sector maybe don't run right at it in tight confines?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Shotguns with max range/impact/shot package only 1 shot at max 5m with ADS up. Shotguns are fine. Better than they were for sure. If you see red in your radar sector maybe don't run right at it in tight confines?
For trials and IB where everyone is forced to use yr two crap, sure, but I have seen some ridiculous shit with the year one shot guns in regular crucible definitely more than 5 m.

Column_sl

shitlord
Are you crazy do you play this game. I'm hitting people from the same range as before the nerfs. I don't even have to be close to them with Blink shotgun.

There's a reason why it's called shotgun sniping right now. Shit is still broke, anyway Bungie said they are going to be looking at it again so next weapon tuning should be the real re balence for pvp shotguns.

For trials and IB where everyone is forced to use yr two crap, sure, but I have seen some ridiculous shit with the year one shot guns in regular crucible definitely more than 5 m.
It's also the same shotguns from year 1. Right now you can get a party crasher, and matador year 2. And some of the new shotguns are pretty damn good as well.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Post me a video of the 'shotgun sniping'. I honestly haven't seen it. I've got high end range/impact shotguns and my max one hit range is about 2-3 player body lengths away if I'm aiming down scope with shot package. I'd say 95% of the times I'm killed by a shotgun it's close enough to kiss. Fusion rifles are good, but almost solely as a counter to shotgunners who remain on radar. The spread on most fusion rifles is pretty awesome when it's verticle meaning almost every particle hits the player. They did nerf the shit out of charge times but as long as you don't roll with a max impact one it's fine. All that said you're still better off running shotgun vs shotgun and hoping your reflexes/latency are better.

Pulse rifles with fast fire 2 shotting is the only thing I truly don't like in PVP outside of obviously server stability shit where half the enemy team is seemingly invincible to bullets and then dies at full hp 5 seconds after you're done firing.

I have a two to the morgue, multiple matadors, felwinter's lies, and party crashers in my bank. Can't say any of them seemed that much better than the 300 Conspiracy theory or a well rolled Patch-A.

Column_sl

shitlord
Post me a video of the 'shotgun sniping'. I honestly haven't seen it. I've got high end range/impact shotguns and my max one hit range is about 2-3 player body lengths away
2-3 body lengths is fucking huge.I Blink/Slide/Jump shotgun you from 3 body lengths away, and you have no chance. Fusion rifles as a counter to shotguns?? Just stop now...

I'm pretty sure you are the only one in existence to think shotguns aren't totally brain dead easy ,and massively OP right now.

Maybe you are still playing when Destiny launched ,or something and I'm talking to you from the future. That's the only way I can explain the stupidity you are bringing to the table.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That video is from March and even then besides maybe the first kill I didn't see anything wrong. Like I said he has a max range shotgun he has to ADS to fire it at range and as you see from his very first shot it does like 5% dmg to the guy when shot from beyond the 5m line.

Here's max range 1 shot kill with all the right perks (shot package, rifled barrel) on a party crasher 2.0

That's far distance, but that's the maximum of it and you have to ADS to do it.

Column_sl

shitlord
Nothing has changed we are still doing the same shit today. Hitting from that exact range.

We all Ads the shot, wtf are you talking about..

That's far distance, but that's the maximum of it and you have to ADS to do it.
What kind of scrub doesnt ADS his shots with a shotgun? You act like you have to be in ADS the whole time to get the extra range, that shit is instant after a slide, blink, or jump.

You will never win that fight.

Want to know why barely any players edge camp with shotguns in Destiny? Because they don't have too, there time to kill is so fast on the offense coupled with immunity frames from blink, and the advantage of a ridiculously safe range that they can continue to cycle targets as long as they have ammo.

Which lets be frank is still always available in the crucible, that special ammo nerf didn't effect the amount of crates that are on the map themselves.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What changed is blink got nerfed and insta ads from a jump also got nerfed. The problem with shotguns is there is absolutely no counter to it other than a qjicker shot gun blast. Snipes have a counter, as do pretty much all guns except shotguns. I think they should un-nerf fusion rifles. At least with those you would have a chance to do something when you noticed someone running or jumping towards you. Shit like the plan c or those that dropped from the first few IB were good because you could hip fire those with ease. I feel they are missing in pvp for a while now.

Column_sl

shitlord
Only thing that got changed on Blink was the cool down is different now. The problem with the immunity frames they left intact. You can still Blink off fusion grenades, not get hit by rockets etc

Even if hunters can no longer do fast ads the blinking into a ADS shot is still so god damn fast that there is nothing you can do but die.

In the original game Autorifles were the shotgun counter when shotguns didn't have the ridiculous power, and range they do now.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Finished another raid tonight and got a whooping ONE item from it in total (a 300 cloak of all things...). It is getting rediculous now.

If they want random levels on the drops, they need to let the drops be guaranteed so we at least get a chance to prepare for hardmode. Done 5 raids now and so far I have; 2 ghosts (300/304), pulse rifle (306), arms (304) and a cloak (300)..... The only thing that is helping me gain light levels right now is doing exotic engram farming and using the few 310 items I get from that to infuse gear I already have.