Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's just bullshit that what I need to do now to advance my character is find random blue engrams and scrap them for weapon parts. I have a bunch of guns that I need to upgrade but don't have the parts.

Oryx was like an armory for me. He dropped two of the raid autorifles and one of the pulse rifles.
yeah i've had pretty good luck with pugs but this week I saw the shitty ones. generally guys with bad connections or a guy with a kid on his lap who goes afk every 5 minutes and causes a wipe. both got up to oryx and then fell apart, but i don't really mind since its pretty easy to find a group just on oryx.

still the raid seems to have gotten into a pretty good groove now, if you get into a group thats all 300+ with a few malices/spindles you can fly through it.
same here. I hopped in a awesome reddit pug group and we cleared the whole raid in a little over an hour. It was refreshing.

Speaking of the Sleeper Simulant. The gun is definitely not finished. I heard there will be another quest that will allow the gun to shoot out from the sides as well in one shot.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Reminder I will be running a raid tonight and will be online to start getting people together around 7 EST. if the raid goes quick and smooth then I can do a second one for PST people after that.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I ended up pugging it on Monday and getting to ORyx. We had him down to maybe 5% hp and wiped and the two guys running it had to go. All in all, pretty cool raid, but man, fucking jumping puzzles.

Anyway, I get home from work a few minutes before 7... which is 10pm EST. Would love to do it again if you're still game. Onoes- and Lady_Echo22

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I ended up pugging it on Monday and getting to ORyx. We had him down to maybe 5% hp and wiped and the two guys running it had to go. All in all, pretty cool raid, but man, fucking jumping puzzles.

Anyway, I get home from work a few minutes before 7... which is 10pm EST. Would love to do it again if you're still game. Onoes- and Lady_Echo22
Yea, those jumping puzzles are some nerve wracking moments for an old man like me. Always look for a raid at Totems just to avoid the ships. Really wish the Titan armor was so stupid looking...I don't want to look like a Hive Knight, that Warlock armor though...thats nice.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Did a raid tonight with LostVirtue and Truehawk and it went quite smooth. Many of the people it was their first time and most in their mid 290's.

I will try to do a PST raid tomorrow night with my hunter. Probably 7 PST, hoping earlier if people can get online. Onoes are you two available?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This games quest system has worked very well with my schedule. I'm completing one section of the story, pretty much every afternoon while kids sleep. Just been following the purple markers and going back to the Tower in between each one to check loot.

I'm level 8. At this level is there any reason to keep anything or just dismantle stuff that gets upgraded?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ran into my first difficult mission. Story mission 10, chamber of night. Everything was going fine until you get to the chamber with the 3 wizards. Died like 8 times so far mostly to sword swinging Knights or the ogre. I need to move around more and play a bit more defensively.

I'll get it and I'm really glad there's some challenge in this game.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Another week, done two raids from start to finish. I think the RNG has it in personaly for me...

1 306 scout rifle
1 300 chest (which I already had a 300 version of from last week...and another 300 from the week before that).

On the other hand it only wasted 40 shards, and I got 6 or 8 back! wohooo!

(Seriuously, if you want to random the light level on gear between 300 and 310, give.us.fucking.loot.every.bosskill so we at least get a sporting chance to upgrade shit. Currently raiding is fucking pointless to me, I gain more upgrades from infusing 310 exotics into my legendarys then I get from doing 3 raids a week.)