Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Zombie dance acquired. I am not going to get the sisters down on hard mode this week. Sucks, but I didn't have more than 30 minutes to play today and I played halloween dress up.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I wonder what their DLC plans are now, if they plan on slowly trickling out higher versions of kings fall raid (nightmare, challenge, etc) for the next year i just don't see most people sticking around.

i still enjoy the PVP though, mayhem mode is crazy fun and the good thing is none of the raid weapons really are that good in PVP. I do wonder though for trials if 320 raiders are gonna have huge advantages over non raiders

did you clear the entire HM raid, faith? Since I only pug raids I don't really have any confidence in pugs getting past golgoroth, think I'd rather play syndicate than sit in raids and wipe for hours for loot that is meaningless
Sorry for the late reply, no we got to Oryx but it was 01:30 in the morning and people wanted to go to bed. From what Ive seen, the Oryx fight is not much to look forward to but we run another raid tomorrow so we shall see. The "no new weapons or armor" bit is already making half my raid group aiming to quit this when Fallout / StarWars comes out and wait for either a new DLC (if there is one planned, dont seem like it) or Destiny 2 which hopefully takes the excellent gameplay from this one and do some real fucking content/random dungeons/raids.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What do you get for all that shit? Just more masks? If thats the case ill pass, lol.

Also as to the above post, I feel the same. While TTK was all good and best expansion yet, the game still suffers from a huge lack of content. Same strikes over and over, same raid over and over but now harder for +light... The quests were all good but I just dont feel like repeating all that shit on my alts. Im almost done with my PvP main quest so there is that left, plus trials if I can find a good crew. Other than that, yeah its pretty much finished. Dont feel like grinding anymore for +light.

I wish in times like these, they would go back and make some of the older crap relevant again, like VoG lv 40 300 light, Crota, Skolas, all that shit needs to be brought back with some cool unique rewards. Aslo, I think they shot themselves in the foot with the no element primaries. I can see why they want to omit them, but at the same time it makes grinding the raid kind of fruitless. I remember back in the day I ran VoG over and over at the chance to get those guns. Without that carrot its kind of useless since light is really meaningless other than do the grind for the +light easier. even in PvP I dont really think it will matter that much from their past dmg curves.

Good game, its just needs to be played in like 2 month bursts as it seems. I dont think they really hit that sweet spot with the content yet. Especially for those of us that consume games en mass.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah my FT is pretty salty of my sudden "ok done with this game for now" discussion lol - but fuck that wow raiding loot system of incremental upgrades over 3 diff difficulty levels - I mean if they kept elemental primaries and unique exotic for raid boss id be all for it - but ehhhh f that shit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So anybody here dong the trials thing? I would love too but dont have a set crew. Other than trials practice I have not done the official trials last time it was around because I took a break. I usually play later at night like 10EST. Would love to get a 3 man crew from here. Im not elite by any means but can hold my own, pretty decent PvPer in destiny, got a 1.1 KD, pretty decent weapons, LL300+

rrr_img_114397.jpg

Truehawk

Molten Core Raider
So anybody here dong the trials thing? I would love too but dont have a set crew. Other than trials practice I have not done the official trials last time it was around because I took a break. I usually play later at night like 10EST. Would love to get a 3 man crew from here. Im not elite by any means but can hold my own, pretty decent PvPer in destiny, got a 1.1 KD, pretty decent weapons, LL300+

rrr_img_114397.jpg
I'm game. I usually play about the same time, we seem to be similar in PVP skill as well. Friend me if you want, we can set up a crew - Truehawk

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I raided for 6 hours yesterday with 3 random pug groups, only got warchief and Golg down. Kids, idiots, and more idiots. I swear I have the worst luck. But hey, I got a 300 rocket launcher. Terrible.
frown.png
Might try my luck in a bit tonight.

I raided for 6 hours yesterday with 3 random pug groups, only got warchief and Golg down. Kids, idiots, and more idiots. I swear I have the worst luck. But hey, I got a 300 rocket launcher. Terrible.
frown.png
Might try my luck in a bit tonight.
Only a single upgrade this week, I was briefly the number one light in the world. Plenty of 317s now I bet.

Challenge mode looks like it will be fun.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I wish in times like these, they would go back and make some of the older crap relevant again, like VoG lv 40 300 light, Crota, Skolas, all that shit needs to be brought back with some cool unique rewards. Aslo, I think they shot themselves in the foot with the no element primaries. I can see why they want to omit them, but at the same time it makes grinding the raid kind of fruitless. I remember back in the day I ran VoG over and over at the chance to get those guns. Without that carrot its kind of useless since light is really meaningless other than do the grind for the +light easier. even in PvP I dont really think it will matter that much from their past dmg curves.

Good game, its just needs to be played in like 2 month bursts as it seems. I dont think they really hit that sweet spot with the content yet. Especially for those of us that consume games en mass.
I think, and this is my very personal opinion, that all their blah blah about cash shop to put in "events" financed by that shop instead of paid DLCs is just a smokescreen for "LOOK! WE REMADE VOG TO LIGHT 310! NEW CONTEN WHOHOO!", then another "event" will be the old strikes brought up to new heroic levels and so on..... I know that is what I would do when the next game is already in production and less then a year away.

The best thing with Destiny 2 will be that they leave behind the old generation platforms. From speaking with someone who develop games, the need to conform to the extreme limitation of Xbox 360 and PS3 (512meg RAM yo!) is holding back a LOT of possibilities. If they would like to include, for example, larger zones and such they would need to make a seperate build for the old generations currently since they would need to handle loads in diffrent ways to skip past hurdles.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Armsday rolls are fucking incredible... Both the pulse rifle and scout rifle have full auto rolls. The hand cannon will be a pvp monster

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I only picked up two of the suros scouts, the others are all meh.

Hand cannons aside Litc are just terrible in crucible. Their TTK and range is horrible. Plus people reporting that certain bullets just dont hit, its like they magically disappear. They even showed slowed down videos to prove it. They really decimated the handcannons in patch 2.0, maybe even too much. The only handcannon that ever beat my red death one vs one is hawkmoon and a few times Cqc with TLW.

Expect the gaheris D from this week to be even better than the uffern with the right rolls - it has the highest legendary HC base AA and recoil combo aside from the trials HC, which means with a range perk, the thing suffers almost no/fewer 'phantom shots' than any other legendary HC does too bad it lists its ammo as 6-7, lol.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
With double loot "chance" I got an amazing ONE item in a full clear... fuck this game

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
At 305 (304 if using raid pulse; but have ToM)... Time to try a HM raid sometime this week. Anyone have any runs going on sometime this week?