Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

vynde_sl

shitlord
Did they come out, and say this yesterday? because that's still just a rumor as far I know.
No it's confirmed for weapons. The screenshot had a fatebringer with the numbers "300" --> "365". I am hoping it's true for armor as I liked VOG armor better for looks, and it had perks against vex which I'm sure will be around in HoW too.

Column_sl

shitlord
What screenshot? Is this on their official site, or something on the reddit.

I've seen all kinds of crazy tester weapons posted before on the R/destiny that didn't amount to anything.

vynde_sl

shitlord
What screenshot? Is this on their official site, or something on the reddit.

I've seen all kinds of crazy tester weapons posted before.
It was in the official update on the destiny site from Urk (not Deej) yesterday. On April 22 they will go into details about the legendary upgrade path. I know it's gonna be a grind, I just pray it's not that bad.

Column_sl

shitlord
Hmm if true, sounds interesting. Wonder if it will be a gun leveling system tied in with the Zombie mode.

I'm not sure what people are complaining about then. The raids are cool, and all ,but were defeated within hours of launch.

This is more like a diablo system with randomly generated boards.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Destinyt include a new raid - Yahoo Games

Raid from Wolves has been cut.

I am sure I am late to the party on this, but this is why you never buy pre-launch season passes. What a fuckin g joke this game has become and this developer/publisher. I swear to Christ at this point it has to be some experiment to see how much they can piss people off by lowering the bar and see how many people still stick around.

Horde mode.... Yeah that's a tough one to create. Slap something shitty together for the poor souls that bought the two expacs upfront, and then charge for meaningful content down the road that people actually care about.

For the love of God please do not buy any more of their shit.

Column_sl

shitlord
On the Flip side no one is ever happy.

People complained that VOG was too hard , and had too much RNG to level to 30 so they made Crota super simple. Then people complained that they beat the raid, and were completely geared up in a couple of weeks, and there was nothing to do.

Now instead of dumping another easy raid on us they gave us a Zombie mode (which we still have no details on) ,and people are complaining again now there is no raid.

There is just no way to please everyone. For the amount of time you will put into the core game, and it's two DLC's you have got your moneys worth.

Should it be better? Hell yeah, but to act like they ripped you off when the current DLC scene is an absolute joke is just more bitching imo.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
On the Flip side no one is ever happy.

People complained that VOG was too hard , and had too much RNG to level to 30 so they made Crota super simple. Then people complained that they beat the raid, and were completely geared up in a couple of weeks, and there was nothing to do.

Now instead of dumping another easy raid on us they gave us a Zombie mode (which still have no details on) ,and people are complaining again now there is no raid.

There is just no way to please everyone. For the amount of time you will put into the core game, and it's two DLC's you have got your moneys worth.

Should it be better? Hell yeah, but to act like they ripped you off when the current DLC scene is an absolute joke is just more bitching imo.
The entire game is a soulless joke of cut content. And now all they are doing for effort to add content is patch in a fucking horde mode? The entire God Damn game is a horde mode. Are you serious? Warframe has been better than this for ages now, and that's free to play for fucks sake.

Column_sl

shitlord
People still love Destiny as proven by their purchasing numbers. You might not like Destiny, but who cares?

Trust me I can guarantee I cleared the game way before you did, and was done with this game when I saw it offered no challenge for my group, but for a lot of people it is still a very good game so why continue to shit on them?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah as shitty as the content is, I cant say that I wont buy it. Its fun for me to come back every other month, pew pew some shit for a week and then quit again until the next content update/release. I bet most people do similar things.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I already felt the hardcore raid was casual enough. Was already tough getting my friends list down to 3 for weekly content. I'll phone in my playtime for this DLC, but at least max out a new fatebringer.

Figuring out how to solo CE was the most single player fun I've yet on this game. Solo grinding out VoG before the nerf bat fixed those mechanics was a blast too. Now we can't even solo nightfalls? Blerg.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
People still love Destiny as proven by their purchasing numbers. You might not like Destiny, but who cares?

Trust me I can guarantee I cleared the game way before you did, and was done with this game when I saw it offered no challenge for my group, but for a lot of people it is still a very good game so why continue to shit on them?
I am not shitting on the players you Twat. I am shitting on the unethical business practices of copy paste Bungie/Activision here. How many people do they have "Dedicated" to this expansion? Most of it was cut from original launch so are they even going to do the gaming audience who likes their game a favor here and use new art assets at least? Or are you going to be dedicated to another mission turned horde mode where "Oh NO. THE FALLEN" for the 15th time as you continue to battle the same mobs you have seen since launch?

Seriously, play Warframe. And then wonder why this was actually charged for.

spronk

FPS noob
you can solo some nightfalls, i did 3x last week of taurus since i cbf trying to find people. the arpen sniper spot above the boss still works, so you are basically immune to damage for the entire nightfall. thats the only one you can do that on though, the archon priest one isn't too bad up until the boss where it takes way too long to solo (and you are in real danger of dying), this weeks (sepiks) is soloable but just takes freaking forever especially the horde mode room. i might try after bloodborne/MK X since its a good thing to do while i watch daily show/SNL/fallon/maher/oliver.

at this point though they really should just matchmake nightfalls and if nobody dies you get an extra 3 strange coins (take out wipe=orbit). not so huge that most people will give a shit, but a nice bonus for people who run premades.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
So in effect: Fuck you guys, we wont give you another raid for that "free" season pass we sold ya on, buy Comet for another $60!

I also like how they did a WoW and suddenly cut your raid group in two, instead of a 6 player arena they do a 3 man strike version? Good job.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So in effect: Fuck you guys, we wont give you another raid for that "free" season pass we sold ya on, buy Comet for another $60!

I also like how they did a WoW and suddenly cut your raid group in two, instead of a 6 player arena they do a 3 man strike version? Good job.
Thank Christ someone gets it. For a second there I was starting to get worried that this little thread was not condusive of the opinions of 99% of the internet and I was losing my mind.

Column_sl

shitlord
I am not shitting on the players you Twat. I am shitting on the unethical business practices of copy paste Bungie/Activision here. How many people do they have "Dedicated" to this expansion? Most of it was cut from original launch so are they even going to do the gaming audience who likes their game a favor here and use new art assets at least? Or are you going to be dedicated to another mission turned horde mode where "Oh NO. THE FALLEN" for the 15th time as you continue to battle the same mobs you have seen since launch?

Seriously, play Warframe. And then wonder why this was actually charged for.
No one gives a shit about Warframe, Do you work for them? why are you shilling their product so hard.

There was nothing un ethical in what Bungie did. Show me in writing where they promised to make you happy? They gave you a core game ,and 2 DLC's. That is what you paid for with a season pass What you are complaining about is done in all Diablo type games...

UT you are famous cry baby, you will never be happy with anything. If they made an amazing game you would still find something to whine about.

I guarantee the people who play Destiny actively have clocked more hours in it then any game they currently own on the PS4/Xbox one.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No one gives a shit about Warframe, Do you work for them? why are you shilling their product so hard.

There was nothing un ethical in what Bungie did. Show me in writing where they promised to make you happy? They gave you a core game ,and 2 DLC's. That is what you paid for with a season pass What you are complaining about is done in all Diablo type games...

UT you are famous cry baby, you will never be happy with anything. If they made an amazing game you would still find something to whine about.

I guarantee the people who play Destiny have clocked more hours in it then any game they currently own on the PS4/Xbox one.
Yes I work for Warframe. Live from my chair in Minnesota.

They are NOTHING like the Diablo games or the expansions, even though these idiots thought they would do the same within a first person shooter. The story, content, and cut scenes were light years beyond and it wasn't a shell of a game. You want to compare Diablo 3 and Destiny? Lets do that. Destiny at launch is the equivalent of D3 launching with 4 adventure zones and Half of Act 1 in single player content.

Here is 90% of the people that don't live in fantasy land have to say.

Google

I mention Warframe purely because it is fucking free and is a better game than this. KEYWORD: FREE.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yes 90% of people hate destiny yet it was the top paid DLC for 2014...

So people hated the game yet still picked up the DLC, ok I see how that works now. Rofl.

There is no expansion for Destiny there are only DLC's. Destiny shares more in common with RNG based isometric dungeon crawlers then any other genre.

This is why Developers say the people that whine on the internet are such a small section of their customer base.

Fact is you feel burnt because you didn't get the game you wanted. The world is hard shit happens. Now stop crying ,and move on.

Goatface

they did advertize HoW as having a new raid on the marketplace for the longest time, maybe they will learn just to make more generic statements about content.

vynde_sl

shitlord
I am not shitting on the players you Twat. I am shitting on the unethical business practices of copy paste Bungie/Activision here. How many people do they have "Dedicated" to this expansion? Most of it was cut from original launch so are they even going to do the gaming audience who likes their game a favor here and use new art assets at least? Or are you going to be dedicated to another mission turned horde mode where "Oh NO. THE FALLEN" for the 15th time as you continue to battle the same mobs you have seen since
I do think that the entire industry promises gamers a lot of stuff that they cannot possibly deliver but try, or just flat out lie. In this case, I think the problem is that they're still calling DLCs expansions when expansions (MMO wise) entail way more content.

However that being said, bungie can be despicable liars for no reason. They're still in the mindset that artificial barriers (like the cap on marks) and long grinds will make people play their game longer. They also completely lied about their ability to control Xur until that guy data mined the shit out of xur.

I've already paid for this so for me personally it would be a waste not to try it. I will see about comet though. If they actually release a raid (for free) before comet then I would say they were actually trying to fine tune a raid instead of releasing something buggy.