Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
HoW details going out tomorrow, but teaser from today indicates you will be able to upgrade VoG and CE gear to level 34. i fully expect major disappointment and suckage from the DLC

This weeks nightfall is archon priest all burns, weekly is void. They "fixed" the kell ship sniper rock spot, if you just stay there the waves respawn forever. As usual their fix is retarded, simply leave one enemy alive, go down near the door, kill it, go back to sniper spot, rinse and repeat for the 3 waves.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Right, but add in icebreaker and you have the new glimmer farming spot

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
The change to Archeon Priest waves was unintentional, apparently.

Upgrade old raid gear? I guess that's what I get fop dismantling the VoG gear I had accumulated before CE came out.
frown.png

Ryan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone who actively plays this game can tell you even if Activison chopped up the content that is not the stuff they are worried about anyway. It's the refusal of Bungie to do simple things like adding Nightmare modes for expired raid zones, or a true rank mode for pvp.

The people that play Destiny like it, there is just nothing to do right now, and that isn't Activison's fault.
Couldn't agree more with that. I have played a ton of Destiny and still do, mostly pvp. I haven't completed a raid or even done all the story missions I think. The game is great in my view and I don't feel in the least ripped-off, I'm in for a sequel day one most likely.

Ranked pvp is what I would like more than anything, perhaps something like the arena system from Reach? Any system would be fine as long as its ranking you can move up and down, not just levels where you always go up.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Well I like the theme for the Reef, and it is actually fine to be able to upgrade old raid gear since VoG > CE in looks.

However.... as a DLC this sucks. From the rumor-mongring most of Destinys crew is working on Destiny 2 instead of keeping this game alive but honestly, there is still a ton of unused materials on the fucking disc that some interns could poke around in and produce more content then this. They desperatly need a new project manager for this game because the current one seems to be too busy spending time and money on hookers and coke to be involved.

They need monthly updates, PvE events and more randomized gear that can measure up to raid stuff.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Watching the live stream now where bungie is discussing the new DLC and I must say I like the weapon/armor upgrade system. You will be able to upgrade old content guns and armor to current levels without losing any upgraded perks. Also you will be able to reforge new dlc legendary weapons to get the perks you like. You can upgrade old exotics as well without needing xur.

I like what I am seeing so far.

Column_sl

shitlord
Watching the rebroadcast

http://www.twitch.tv/bungie/b/652463271

Reforge weapons is in.

Upgrade all weapons and armor to max level. All Exotics can be upgraded with out Xur. If you have an Exotic shard you can upgrade it.

Trade in materials for motes of lights, glimmer etc

All vendors have new armor and weapons with new perks not in the previous Expansions.

Both Trials of Osaris, and Prison of Elders will change on a weekly basis.

You will not have to buy the DLC to get all new weapons and armor upgrades.

For now, here are five major takeaways from today's Destiny broadcast:

Legendary armor and weapons can now be upgraded to max level with Etheric Light. Exotics can be upgraded separately without resetting progress.
New weapons can be reforged with new perks at Gunsmith. This feature was previously only available in Iron Banner, making the Gunsmith useful again for post-Level 20 players.
Speaker has an all purpose material exchange including Ascendant and Radiant materials, Glimmer, and Motes of Light
New social space: Vestian Outpost. New NPCs to be introduced include:
Petra Venj - Main story agent.
Variks - Warden of the Prison of Elders
Brother Vance - Trials of Osiris Handler
Tons of new ships, weapons, and armor, which should introduce greater player variety. Max level cap raised to at least 34.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Watching the live stream now where bungie is discussing the new DLC and I must say I like the weapon/armor upgrade system. You will be able to upgrade old content guns and armor to current levels without losing any upgraded perks. Also you will be able to reforge new dlc legendary weapons to get the perks you like. You can upgrade old exotics as well without needing xur.

I like what I am seeing so far.
All that is missing is, ya know, something to do... like raids, a ton of strikes, a reason for playing the game.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
All that is missing is, ya know, something to do... like raids, a ton of strikes, a reason for playing the game.
said in my best Emperor Palpatine voice"Good young jedi......let the hate flow through you."

Yesterdays twitch was about gear and weapon upgrades so there wasn't really any expectation of finding out about content in the DLC. There will be a new twitch stream each week till the DLC comes out where hopefully more details on the content are provided. So, ya know, relax a bit.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yes, you upgrade them through a drop you can get in Prisons of Elders, Nightfalls/Weeklys, Iron banner, and Trials of Osiris.

So imo most people will be 34 on the first day since you only need 3 of these new materials, and one exotic shard to hit max level.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
The weapon upgrades only cost 1 etheric light to upgrade to max level. I don't think they showed how many it would take to upgrade armor though so it might be the 2nd week before everyone is max level =P

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I haven't played since prior to the first DLC. The gear grind was just too lame. How is this game doing now?

spronk

FPS noob
its pretty much like an mmo there are hardcore players who login every day and do their "dailies", a big chunk of casuals who don't really know how anything works but have fun playing (badly), and nobody else gives a fuck. when the dlc hits a ton of people will come back, play a while, and stop again

even with the new dlc changes its 100% still a mega grind that is like 1/100th of the content of most MMOs and all focused in small rooms with horde mode, but on the plus side its in space, bitches. pvp is fun but entirely meaningless.