Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sooooo fun info for Titan bros who aren't hammertiming. If you do the gunsmith quest (don't ask me which one, I don't remember but I think it was the shotgun telemetry kills one) it awards you a 280 fire shotgun. One of the perks is the "stronger with more enemies around" and the other one is "kills inside Ward of Dawn with Armor of Light on do not consume ammo". AKA PVP blind bubble shotgun fest weapon. Pretty fucking solid and the stats to begin with are actually really good. Almost max impact, medium+ range, and a 6 clip. That with Saint 14 makes for some very awesome PVP/PVE moments.

If only I didn't play rift 80% of the time and bubbles were as good as they were in Control =(

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
So what should I spend my marks on? I've got 150 now and want to buy an exotic Y2 weapon. I'm already 292 light and have monte carlo y2, 4th horseman y2, and the exotic scout rifle you get from gunsmith quest. Dunno if I should snag invective, bad juju, red death, or something else?
I am in the same boat and the only thing I can come up with is to pickup the year 2 version of exotics you like from the armor Ipad. I am 295 light and all my gear is over 294 minus my ghost which is 288 and I see nothing I can buy with marks (other than exotics). That said, I am not even in a hurry to buy those exotics because I have the ones I like already and its a pain in the butt to level them (infuse) to where I need them, because of a lack of exotic shards and the low drop rate of engrams over 295). I wish they would add exotic shards to a vendor for marks or even back on Xur since coins now drop like candy. I know I am on the low end but I am sitting on over 100 coins (never had more than 30 before this expansion) and I have already spent 70 or 80 last week.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Infusing mats aren't an issue for for. I've got 50+ exotic shards and every single year 1 exotic weapon/armor I can dismantle for more. My issue is just making a wise choice with the marks. I'm thinking Invective since it's an ammo regening shotgun. I really like bad juju and red death, but already owning a few y2 exotic primaries, I think I'd do better buying a different slot (truth and thunderlord are also in consideration). I know I'll eventually have them all, just don't want to regret my first purchase.

spronk

FPS noob
imo order of legendary mark spend is

1. 280 ghost, if you have had no luck (you got that already)
2. hung jury SR4 from dead orbit. Insanely solid PVE gun, good in PVP too. Vendor roll is firefly and triple tap which is awesome in PVE. Its a fantastic gun to primary until you get some oryx kills.
3. bad juju for farming/solo shit.

The reason I say hung jury over Y2 exotics is that black spindle is absolutely insane for raiding. On every single boss in the raid there is a phase where you have to pump as much crit damage as you can in a short window of time, and having a sniper rifle that can fire and auto refills the magazine if you precious every shot is nuts. People with black spindle are doing 4-10x the damage of people without it. You will eventually get one, just need the daily story to pop back into the rotation. So buying another exotic and then getting black spindle would just be wasting the first.

Also the touch of malice (primary exotic) is supposed to be really, really good and maybe even better than black spindle for everything except golgoroth, so thats two exotics that will outclass any other weapon and both are reasonably within reach of everyone.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought I saw on Reddit that the Hung Jury locks up the game on PS4 when it procs firefly? Might have just been that one guy for whatever reason. Ill give it a shot, thanks.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Touch of Malice seems a bit underwhelming. Def not like the Vex Mythoclast back before the nerfs.

Damage and fire rate are not incredible, the bonus damage for the hp draining rounds is nice but still won't hold a candle to the dps of a sniper on the raid. I'd seriously say roll Telesto for trash waves and spindle for bosses.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Anyone doing Court of Oryx tonight and have space? I've been stuck in two impromptu 5 mans who scrubbed it both times and I'm sick of it.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I have been using the Hung Jury for a couple of days without issue. Plus I agree its an awesome gun. Best vendor buy I have ever made.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Touch of Malice seems a bit underwhelming. Def not like the Vex Mythoclast back before the nerfs.

Damage and fire rate are not incredible, the bonus damage for the hp draining rounds is nice but still won't hold a candle to the dps of a sniper on the raid. I'd seriously say roll Telesto for trash waves and spindle for bosses.
Unfortunately ToM is made strictly for the Oryx fight, or so it seems. Godamn is it powerful against Oryx. We had 5 of them for Oryx our second run and it trivialized it. I'm guessing it will be very handy in heroic, but outside of the raid, it's not that great. I'm sure there will be certain instances where it shines, but Vex will likely forever be the best end boss reward.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So the USB dongle for my headset is MIA. Invited soygen earlier only to find my shit wasn't working

Unfortunately ToM is made strictly for the Oryx fight, or so it seems. Godamn is it powerful against Oryx. We had 5 of them for Oryx our second run and it trivialized it. I'm guessing it will be very handy in heroic, but outside of the raid, it's not that great. I'm sure there will be certain instances where it shines, but Vex will likely forever be the best end boss reward.
Yeah we just use it when we get the buff on the deathsingers and oryx, you get unlimited double damage and take none due to being invulnerable. I've played around with it on patrol as well, but other than that I prefer my Lightning gun way more.
smile.png

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So I'm going to be picking up a PS4/Destiny soon. Any tips for a complete newbie? I've looked on reddit and got some ideas/leveling tips, just wanting to not make anything harder on myself then I should.

Also sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times, with a game like this I'm sure people ask a lot.

spronk

FPS noob
nothing really special, just roll one of every class and level up to 40 and then the real "grind" begins, just like any MMO. It may take 20 hours to level up to 40 and light level 200, but to reach light level 300 (the "goal" for most people) will take literally 100+ more hours. Just like any MMO its really optional, just play and have fun and don't really worry about your light level and optimizing too much, it happens over time naturally and every DLC sort of resets most things anyways.

Couple specific tips: don't hoard gear while you level, just equip new better stuff and shard old stuff. Try to level all 3 classes, focus on one at a time but its more fun playing all 3 classes and seeing the variety than sticking to just one. There isn't anything you need to "save". PVP every now and then, even if you hate PVP its really fun in Destiny and win/loss and KDR mean absolutely nothing rewards wise. PVP is normalized so level difference means nothing outside of two specific PVP modes (trials and iron banner, both of which are off right now)

for people already at 40 who haven't picked up your swords: pick the sword type that is closely aligned to your damage dealing subclass. Titan should pick solar sword, hunter arc, and warlocks void. On the way to the exotic sword you need to do 500 pve kills with the element you picked. Doing void as a titan is horrible, i spend around 2 hours last night just killing hive over and over with void grenades (no void supers!), at least I got to catch up on TV shows. The 25 PVP kills I found pretty easy using 3v3 legacy rumble, and I am really shitty at PVP but in that mode less people seem to go grab the heavys.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Figuring out and defeating Thalnok in a PUG is a great thing, especially with non verbal communication

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hung Jury is better than I expected. So glad you guys suggested I buy it!

I really like the Tlaloc (warlock gunsmith quest reward) exotic scout rifle too. That thing is sick with the full super perk.

Titan bug where you can throw 30+ hammers is pretty fun, hammerspam!

Also jumping the hellmouth as a Titan is pretty easy now by using the perk that lets you charge forward when you melle during a super.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'm waiting on gunsmith rep to get my Ace of Spades. I hear it's pretty good. Wish I could luck into a Supercell though.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loving my Supercell and Raze Lighter. The R2 on it is insane. I highly recommend getting your exotic sword asap.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Working on it. I'm terribad at pvp so the crucible kills part is a serious impediment.

Supercell is just a random drop right?