Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I didn't know until today that after maxing out legendary marks you can just run the normal instead of heroic strikes over and over again. Same loot.
Ive been running a shit ton of strikes lately, both heroic and the normal 36 ones. I get so bored of the easy mode strikes now and sometimes want a challenge. The only difference is you get way more legendary drops in the heroic than you do in the normals. But they do take longer to complete. Not sure if its worth it to you. I also noticed those rare strike loots dropping more in the heroic than the normal mode. The thing is, is it worth it for the marks? Maybe trying to score a good roll on a legendary the extra 15 to 20 min per strike? Not sure. Its very weird this time around, legendary (and exotics) are definitely more common than ever.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
On a quick note, I seem to hit way more ghost drops in the court of oryx. I got two to drop last night, one of them being a 294. And this is just running like 4 games, 3 easymode tier ones to charge the stolen rune and one tier two. But did a few more just hanging around with others to pay it forward until it broke apart. Just saying for those that did not get the raid one to drop and stuck with the 280 one. Also this is the place to score the relics it seems too, although those are more common.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Werent you around on the PS4 before? I swore I saw you in one of my groups doing a nighfall way back in the beginning days of the game.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
So ive been doing a bit of experimentation on my warlock. Since my titan is now 295 and getting shit for decrypts now, I started to give all my engrams to my warlock to gear him up. So anyways, I did not take down any numbers but the sweet spot it seems to get 290+ engrams at a faster pace is roughly 283 light. I get like one out of 5 engrams decrypting to 290+ where as my titan at 295 is getting shit for 290+ anymore its like 1 out of 15 or more. Its almost like the game wants you to get to 290+ and stops feeding you those 290+ decryptions once you are at that 290+ light spot.

Try it yourself, it could be just RNG fucking with me, or my mind trying to see patterns or whatever, but I swear I get ton more 290+ decryptions at around 283 than at 290+.
I would agree with your observation. My warlock is my main, and I have him up to LL 298. I still haven't gotten the raid ghost shell to drop for him, and he still has 2 pieces of gear (helmet and gauntlets) below 290. Despite playing him the most, I haven't gotten any blue helms or gauntlets above 290 to infuse with. After many, many hours now.

Meanwhile, I decided to level up my titan and hunter "alts". It's like you said, when I hit that 280-290 "sweet spot", I was decrypting all sorts of 290+ gear. My alts ended up having better "blue" gear than my main. In fact, if they had identical raid gear, my alts would be higher light levels at this point.

You may be on to something. It would make sense to keep one of your toons at a slightly lower light level to decode engrams and then bank them for your main to use for infusing.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just played for the first time. Holy hell this game is dope as shit! Went with Titan for first play through.

Saw in the mail I have a thing that can make me instant level 25. Is this for players who don't want to grind the story again? I was almost tempted just to get a boost in the game but wasn't sure what it affected.

Also beat first boss and got an engram. I hear talk about them quite a bit here so I assume that's part of the loot system. Will have to check that out.

Can't wait to play more!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I just played for the first time. Holy hell this game is dope as shit! Went with Titan for first play through.

Saw in the mail I have a thing that can make me instant level 25. Is this for players who don't want to grind the story again? I was almost tempted just to get a boost in the game but wasn't sure what it affected.

Also beat first boss and got an engram. I hear talk about them quite a bit here so I assume that's part of the loot system. Will have to check that out.

Can't wait to play more!
I wish I wasn't still pissed off at this game. Being in a coma for 5 years and them releasing everything would be nice to wake up too.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Can't wait to play more!
I think it's more to allow you to jump an alt to taken King

spronk

FPS noob
killed oryx in a destinyLFG pug tonight after just 90 mins of tries, i honestly was planning on just waiting a few weeks but they needed a bubble titan and it beats trying to find T3 courts. Finally 300, yay! pretty intense fight although atheon and crota were probably more difficult mechanics wise, but oryx does have a lot of different things to do. I really do appreciate how shit doesn't 1 shot you constantly, i hated that crap in crota.

now i can start touch of malice quest on reset, still need to get a ton of fragments but I don't think i need to run the raid again to finish it, except to get the fragments in the raid I don't have. Really happy with the xpac so far, but timing wise I can feel me going into play-once-a-week mode soon since I don't really want to raid every week.

also iron banner may be tomorrow

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've yet to run the raid as well and I'm on the XB1 so feel free to add me: mister bdubb. My hunter is 295 and my warlock/titan are 293.

Truehawk

Molten Core Raider
If anyone still needs help with the raid on the PS4 I can sherpa you guys through. My warlock is 305 now and I do insane damage on the raid with spindle/Malice. If you still need help with a group let me know.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I'm on PS4, my girlfriend actually got me into this as she's been playing since release. My username is Onoes- (with the hyphen), Titan and Hunter, and our current light levels are 296 and 292 all from blues. We haven't tried a nightfall strike or raid yet, although my girlfriend has done that stuff in the past, and I've been a gamer for a billion years, so I know the drill
wink.png

Anyway, she is out of town until Friday night, but I'm pretty sure our weekend plans consist of "how much Destiny can we play?!" so Truehawk, if you're free at all this weekend, that would be awesome.

And anyone else really, at this point I'm skeptical at how much more I can really progress just doing strikes and playing... I need to randomly find items over 296 light to improve almost any slot, which doesn't happen very much. I'm not even sure what the cap is exactly, as I have a blue that lvl 299.

But yeah, would love some people to play with, and since I've been playing all of 3 weeks, I'm sure there are a million tips and tricks I could soak up as well. Really digging the game
smile.png

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Just started playing again. What is the first piece of legendary gear I should buy with Legendary Marks? Seems everyone recommends a new Ghost Shell first due to how rare they are as a drop.

Also, when should I start hitting up Court of Oryx? I am only around light 220 or so, but seems tier 1 is meant for Light 190'ish? Downside is, I don't know really anyone that is around my light level to do Tier 1 with, everyone seems ot be 290+ already.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I haven't done Court really at all either, I have a ton of runes and I'm light 296, would totally be on board for that.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Just started playing again. What is the first piece of legendary gear I should buy with Legendary Marks? Seems everyone recommends a new Ghost Shell first due to how rare they are as a drop.

Also, when should I start hitting up Court of Oryx? I am only around light 220 or so, but seems tier 1 is meant for Light 190'ish? Downside is, I don't know really anyone that is around my light level to do Tier 1 with, everyone seems ot be 290+ already.
Run 30 strikes (On normal) and you will be 290-295 light within 2 days. Just remember to upgrade to the highest level of light possible before each engram turn in.