Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
Hello everyone. I am Posiedan (PS4 tag Posiedan48)
I have a 300 (up to 302 depending on what is equipped) Warlock. I have cleared the raid once, but love to do it again. Add me if you need one more for a RAID. I am usually on around 9 EST.

BTW,
A question for you Warlocks. What exotic armor and super do you pair with Tlaloc? I love the rifle, but cannot decide on what to use with it. Alchemist Rainments gives me more grenades with orb pickup, but I was wondering what you guys use (if at all).

Anyways, great thread, looking forward to meeting all of you!

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Hello everyone. I am Posiedan (PS4 tag Posiedan48)
I have a 300 (up to 302 depending on what is equipped) Warlock. I have cleared the raid once, but love to do it again. Add me if you need one more for a RAID. I am usually on around 9 EST.

BTW,
A question for you Warlocks. What exotic armor and super do you pair with Tlaloc? I love the rifle, but cannot decide on what to use with it. Alchemist Rainments gives me more grenades with orb pickup, but I was wondering what you guys use (if at all).

Anyways, great thread, looking forward to meeting all of you!
Rainment is really only good for Sunsinger in my opinion. I'd choose a Hung Jury over Tlaloc for most things. But Tlaloc should only be used with Sunsinger also as Sunsinger, you will be holding onto your super the majority of the time. Void and Stormcaller you basically pop your super much, much more often.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
I got the Black Spindle last night in a pick up group on reddit. We beat it with 30 secs remaining (we took too long on the sniper part). One of the players was a girl, ya'll slacking...

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Nija and I grabbed another random dude from LFG and we beat it with 2:30 left and we did the clean up most of the mobs/orbs while DPSing down the boss at the same time. I didn't feel like it was a hard fight at all that way.

My son, LostVirtue, and I did it later that night and had some issues. It might have been group composition from earlier in the day or I was just tired by the time I did it the second time.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Stormcaller, Nightstalker, and a Defender/Hammer can wreck it pretty nicely - Storm/Night on adds is pretty ridic.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
The girl and I tried it once last night, the Snipers got us a couple times, so we had barely 5 minutes getting to the boss room. She was shooting at the boss and I was taking out the adds as fast as I could. We lost
frown.png
I was ready to go again but she was all stressed out about the timer and so we just ended up doing Iron Banner. Wah wah

Ohh and a_skeleton_03, We're both off Monday so depending on when that could work? Literally the only time I can't do it is between 5:30-8pm my time (8:30 and 11pm) yours. Which may be the only time you CAN do it, ha.

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
Rainment is really only good for Sunsinger in my opinion. I'd choose a Hung Jury over Tlaloc for most things. But Tlaloc should only be used with Sunsinger also as Sunsinger, you will be holding onto your super the majority of the time. Void and Stormcaller you basically pop your super much, much more often.
The only thing I can think of is when I wore my Obsidian Mind during Yr1. My super was recharging very fast. But for the most part, I think you are right. Only issue is my Raid Chest is 310 and my Alchemist Raiment is 295. I was thinking of the Claws of Akamara as well. For the melee recharge.

spronk

FPS noob
wear whatever gets you the highest light level, it'll constantly shift depending on what raid drops you get, what exotics decode to, etc. on my warlock atm i am wearing a 310 exotic helm (stag or another, cant remember) and raid gear for the rest thats a mix of 300-310, but if I got a 310 raid helm I'd shift to one of the 310 exotic gloves or chest I have.

Eventually your gear will settle down but as usual in destiny light level matters more than anything else really, assuming you want to do hard mode. Obviously ideally you want a helm that gives you health or shields on orbs, extra sniper ammo on chest/boots, faster sniper reload on arms, and extra HMG on boots/chest. With maxxed out int/dis. However the raid gloves do give you a perk that reloads all weapons faster in an aura, and most of the boss fights have you standing in an aura. there is no difference in the normal raid between 300 gear and 310 gear, you do and take the same damage at 300-310. only for hard mode will it make a difference.

also for those who don't have a ton of 310 exotics laying around, you can do the POE cycle on weekends. pick up a bunch of 3OCs from xur, then run POE 28 (matchmaking) or 34 (make a premade) over and over and over. Takes 20-30 mins per run, you get like 6-10 coins from the entire thing from the small chests at the end, and you can pop 1-2 3OCs during each run against bosses and get a shot at an exotic. Its boring as fuck but a good way to get a ton of 310 exotics.

and try not to disenchant blue items right away, save one or two per slot and then equip em all, burn 10-20 motes of light to level them all up, and then disenchant all the blues. since you leveled them up you'll get a mote of light from each one, sometimes two, so you earn back all the motes you used plus get extra wep parts and sometimes coins.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ohh and a_skeleton_03, We're both off Monday so depending on when that could work? Literally the only time I can't do it is between 5:30-8pm my time (8:30 and 11pm) yours. Which may be the only time you CAN do it, ha.
Well I am off all day on Mon/Tue so you are in luck!

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
I use Rainment all the time, but I got lucky and I got two of them, both 310s, both with int/disc, just so happens one increases armor when using a solar class, the other one increases armor when using an arc class.

As always though, wear the items that get you the highest light level. If I got a 310 raid chest, I would ditch the Rainment and wear a 310 helmet instead.

The Rainment also seems to have a bug in the text notes also.....when you level it up, it says you can increase the amount of Heavy ammo or Special weapon drops. I took this to be like the Titan Ruin Wings for heavy ammo. But when you mouse over the flavor text on the item, it says you can carry more Heavy ammo or Special weapons (depending on which one you pick). I haven't tested it to see which is the right answer......can you carry more ammo, or does more ammo drop for you?

Also, if you have Tlaloc and Rainment, the best class imo is arc. Using feedback, and as long as you aren't using your super, you will constantly be full on your grenades and melee. It's nuts.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Anyone want to try the nightfall later tonight PS4? Want to finish that damned quest for the 300 shotgun. I have tried several times with LFG but two times only one person showed and the third time the dudes were fucking scrubs. I swear I never have luck with the lfg peeps.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I use Rainment all the time, but I got lucky and I got two of them, both 310s, both with int/disc, just so happens one increases armor when using a solar class, the other one increases armor when using an arc class.

As always though, wear the items that get you the highest light level. If I got a 310 raid chest, I would ditch the Rainment and wear a 310 helmet instead.

The Rainment also seems to have a bug in the text notes also.....when you level it up, it says you can increase the amount of Heavy ammo or Special weapon drops. I took this to be like the Titan Ruin Wings for heavy ammo. But when you mouse over the flavor text on the item, it says you can carry more Heavy ammo or Special weapons (depending on which one you pick). I haven't tested it to see which is the right answer......can you carry more ammo, or does more ammo drop for you?

Also, if you have Tlaloc and Rainment, the best class imo is arc. Using feedback, and as long as you aren't using your super, you will constantly be full on your grenades and melee. It's nuts.
Problem with using arc with Tlaloc and Rainment is you are encouraged to use your Super. Sunsinger spec you are encouraged to retain your super for when deaths occur (basically an oh-shit ability). I personally think stormcaller + rainment + Tlaloc is a mismatched combination as those 2 item's perks do not snergize with how Stormcaller is to be played.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Anyone want to try the nightfall later tonight PS4? Want to finish that damned quest for the 300 shotgun. I have tried several times with LFG but two times only one person showed and the third time the dudes were fucking scrubs. I swear I never have luck with the lfg peeps.
I'd be game... Probably best to use the cheese-spot on the warsat as that is the only troublesome part really.

What time?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Problem with using arc with Tlaloc and Rainment is you are encouraged to use your Super. Sunsinger spec you are encouraged to retain your super for when deaths occur (basically an oh-shit ability). I personally think stormcaller + rainment + Tlaloc is a mismatched combination as those 2 item's perks do not snergize with how Stormcaller is to be played.
Correct, since while in SC you can have grenade kills recharge melee, and melee kills recharge grenades (instantly), so no real need for the Tlaloc perk to regen grenade energy, or the Raiment perk for recharging melee/grenades with Orbs. I wish the Artifact perk of creating orbs on X type kills would allow you to also benefit from those orbs.

As for the issue with Raiments odd perk descriptions, I've seen difference in drop rate of special/heavy ammo, but I see ammo capacity increase while either perk is active (except for Swords).

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I got the Black Spindle last night in a pick up group on reddit. We beat it with 30 secs remaining (we took too long on the sniper part). One of the players was a girl, ya'll slacking...
If you didnt get it until NOW you are the one slacking... jesus man, real players have had it for WEEKS
smile.png