Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nightfalls just aren't worth doing until they rebalance the drops (mentioned as in the works in the BWU yesterday).

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I dont know if I agree, last one I did gave me a 310 exotic chest for my warlock so there is definatly infusion-fodder to be had at least.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just unlocked Mars and the story has been pretty good for the most part. Admittedly it was kind of meh for a bit but this bitch Queen and her brother just fired me up! Don't try and tell me I can't kill a Vex Gare Lord!

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh, I agree Faith, there can be good rewards in the NF, it's just not worth doing the NF now because you are almost guaranteed to get SC, 3oC, or a crappy legendary. I've done the NF only 4x total, and all 4 times I got sc or 3oC. I've yet to see anyone in my fireteam get an exotic, and I know a lot who have done it pretty much every week on 3 characters are complaining about it just because the odds of an exotic reward are so slim for the effort it takes to complete.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I hate this. Here is your rewards....a 300 boss battle that will drop 2 blue engrams

It's the modern day the princess is in another castle
Good thing is 2 runs after that I got the Devouring Maw from Strike Playlist. Just need the damn Warlock gloves from the Vex strike.

Should have my Touch of Malice on Tuesday. Need to finish getting all the fragments from Dreadnaught and the story mission (should only take a few hours), but I will be short 1 Fragment which I'll need to get from Court of Oryx.

Myst

Peasant
I finally got back to playing the game and I just hit 288 Light. I currently own a Monte Carlo, Hung Jury, 1000 Yard, Hereafter, Celestial Nighthawk. Beside the sword, what should I be aiming to acquire as Hunter for PvE? I can't seem to find any groups for the Nightfalls, so I haven't had the chance to do those yet.

Which quests should I be focusing on? The only one I am working on since I hit 40 is to get the sword.

You guys can add Prelen- on PS4. I will be playing a lot for the next few weeks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Keep doing 3oC strikes until youre 290-295 then do raids. Ill add you mist. Nightfalls now suck no good rewards until they fix them.

Do all the quests, most give you a good exotic or lvl 300 legendary. Just keep grinding those strikes in the meanwhile. The sword you definity want because it chops shit up real good. Its like the gjally of yr 2.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I have a spare Argonaut Rune that is charged if anyone needs that Fragment. I believe if we are partied and I open it you can get the loot too?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have a spare Argonaut Rune that is charged if anyone needs that Fragment. I believe if we are partied and I open it you can get the loot too?
No but clearing all the bosses if they have an uncharged rune they can then open the chest themselves at the end so essentially the same thing.

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Did a PUG of King's Fall via Destiny LFG. Didn't complete it, but made it to Oryx. The entire time was incredibly fun although some points were frustrating.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I actually like the Kings Fall raid. Its very mechanical and require teamwork, but once you master it the clearing should take under an hour. The problem is that with the current loot-rate you are looking at several weeks of raiding to get even a complete set of raid armor, never mind getting 305+ items.

*Edit: Well, you could simply bypass the normal raid and run strikes with 3oC. If you are 300+ your chances at getting upgrades in an hour or two of running strikes is about x10 times higher for anything but boots.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got my ToM last night. The final mission was a lot easier than I expected (2 manning it first try). I'll probably try to do the final sleeper stimulant mission this afternoon, so if anyone needs it let me know and I'll keep an eye out for you when I do it.

spronk

FPS noob
so my iron banana week: hit rank 5 on my titan yesterday, playing probably 1-2 hours or so every day. I'd stop once I finished the 3 daily bounties and was close to the next level. I hit rank 5 on my warlock and hunter today as well, didn't play them at all during the week but would collect the daily bounties so saturday when I did play I was able to get like 9 iron bounties done in a few games, turn them all in, and that got me 3-4 levels just from that - with Y1 class item, Y2 shader, and Y2 emblem. I only turned in the weekly bounties on my titan, I still have them on my hunter/warlock for next time turn in. They give ridiculous amounts of rep if you wait until the end, I think I was getting like 1800 per on my titan and would probably get close to 3k per on my alts if I waited till monday to turn them in.

I bought all the items I could. Only had 1 drop across all 3 chars, the sidearm. Saw other people get the boots, primary, and class item but extremely rare - out of maybe 40 games I saw maybe... 6 drops total? The loot rate is a total joke, and it sucks they are so stingy with what items you can get.

This was all solo queuing too, never did it with a fireteam/group. I quit out of a game once we were losing by more than 2k early on, unless I was going for heavy/super bounties. You have to stop caring whether teammates cap points or not, thats the one thing that can drive you crazy - how many people just are so ignorant of how the control mechanics work. I found the best time to play during the morning, probably closer to 50% win/loss vs evenings where it was closer to 90% loss and a lot of stacked fireteams vs 6 solo queuers.

all in all iron banana sucks, if the glitch works next time I'll just buy whatever's for sale and not even bother playing. Still, getting one character to rank 5 is pretty easy as a solo player, about 20-30 hours of PVPing, and after that your second and third character are extremely fast - like 5-8 hours each. If you save your weekly bounties for next time, and that works, it'll probably be even faster.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I didn't realize that I had a sub class available right from the start. I'm a striker on my Titan. Is that bad?

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Striker is fine to run the game through initially. Once you can unlock the expansion Sunbreaker subclass you should. It is a blast to play! Eventually you will max out all three subclasses just doing quests, bounties, raids, crucible, etc.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
This was my first year doing Iron Bananas. Year one I never got into it- Sunbreaker changed that for me as I just found it a fun subclass to play in PvP. I had plenty of the new subclass warlocks and hunters get me with their new supers (hunter cancelling my hammers made me sad) but I never felt like my matches were a grind. By the time I was working on rank 4 to cruise through to rank five (saved weekly bounties/daily) it ended super fast. My KDR hit above 2.5 a couple times when I started well below 0.5 before getting a feel for the control pace.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I did the babanna thing too. On my main titan I played a bit every day, and hit rank 5 on Friday. Drops for him were 2 boots, the sidearm, pulse and the loin cloth. Then did both my alts yesterday in a few hours just to do it. Got 3 boots, the pulse and the ship between the two. But the pulse had some shitty rolls on it so I bought one anyways. The thing is a beast in PvP, its like a fucking lazer. Took it into regular crucible and did even better with it. All in all yeah, they need to up the damn drop rates and include regular crucible purple loot too. Maybe as IB rolls on this season there will be obviously more loot every time as they add weapons and armor to the loot table, but yeah, overall did not have as much fun as I did in first year.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I only bothered to play on one character, but the only drop I got was the titan washrag. I also bought the pulse rifle when I hit rank 5. It's ridiculous and is going to completely replace the two other pulse rifles I have, the herja D and hawksaw.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still like my red death better, but at range the thing does own for sure with its lazer like accuracy. It will definitely free up an exotic slot now for PvP, I hear in PvE its not bad either.