Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Not worth it to keep playing since I don't PVP. Did Oryx and netted a 303 shell only because my mouldering shards were used. Was a kick in the nuts at that point and not worth it to keep rolling the dice on loot. My brother doesn't have enough time to run the raid so he's stuck at 295 and he feels slighted because I managed to auto lvl a hunter to 25 and pass him within 2 casual days of playing while he's been a Destiny player since launch. No point in running the same Heroic Strikes over and over again. It would help if they made a larger playlist, but not worried about it at this point. Fun game for me while it lasted, but you can definitely breeze right through it in no time at all.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not worth it to keep playing since I don't PVP. Did Oryx and netted a 303 shell only because my mouldering shards were used. Was a kick in the nuts at that point and not worth it to keep rolling the dice on loot. My brother doesn't have enough time to run the raid so he's stuck at 295 and he feels slighted because I managed to auto lvl a hunter to 25 and pass him within 2 casual days of playing while he's been a Destiny player since launch. No point in running the same Heroic Strikes over and over again. It would help if they made a larger playlist, but not worried about it at this point. Fun game for me while it lasted, but you can definitely breeze right through it in no time at all.
Pretty much how it is for me. I'm forever 298 because I dont take the time to find a raid group and learn it from scratch. Not to mention the RNG of the raid drops doesnt sound appealing anyway. I'm not alone either, the few guys I play with have all taken a break. NFs while better than at launch of TTK are still not exciting, heroics are meh, marks arent really needed any more, etc. Log in if xur has something I want. Fallout 4 otherwise. And Battlefront will be out soon for when I want some quick mindless online game play.

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
Pretty much how it is for me. I'm forever 298 because I dont take the time to find a raid group and learn it from scratch. Not to mention the RNG of the raid drops doesnt sound appealing anyway. I'm not alone either, the few guys I play with have all taken a break. NFs while better than at launch of TTK are still not exciting, heroics are meh, marks arent really needed any more, etc. Log in if xur has something I want. Fallout 4 otherwise. And Battlefront will be out soon for when I want some quick mindless online game play.
Destiny reddit has a LFS/LTS subreddit. LFS = Looking For Sherpa, LTS = Looking to Sherpa. A Sherpa is someone who is patient and willing to teach people the quirks of the raid. So if you have not gotten into the Raid, then go there for a group. On the Fireteam subreddit, I have never waited more than 10 minutes to find a group, and every single one has been fun. Saying you do not have time or the resources are not there is just a cop-out. And if it is the first time trhough the Normal raid, then you will gain several light levels. Most people leave at 305 with no issues. I help the Sherpas all the time to bring people through. Always have a good time, no attitudes or griefs. This is the best Raid so far in Destiny, the mechanics are fun and not too hard.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I did the raid a few times this year and I just dont like it. Too many jumping platforming parts, and not enough shooting shit. The boss battles are cool, but too much shit in between that drags it out depending on your team. Especially the platforming bits. The fist time I did the raid, there were dudes stuck on the ship jump puzzle for like an hour, and dont get me started about the wall of dicks, which can take an hour as well if not longer.

So yeah, ran the raid, got one measly 300 chest to drop for me, never completed it because people could not get past the platforming on sisters with the whole "choose random person" mechanic. No thanks, ill pass. Also if you do LFG, youre at the mercy of the team. Ive had raids last 4-5 hours and still fail at the end, fuck that shit. Couple this with a horrible drop rate for time invested, I just dont really see the point for +light. So yeah, if you have a set crew you run with then, yeah, its worth it. I just dont like it as a solo type player. Compare this to Crota or Atheon raids that were able to be complete in less than a hour or 1:30 at most as time progressed, this is by far the worst. Maybe I just have bad luck with LFG, but yeah.

I did the raid a few times this year and I just dont like it. Too many jumping platforming parts, and not enough shooting shit. The boss battles are cool, but too much shit in between that drags it out depending on your team. Especially the platforming bits. The fist time I did the raid, there were dudes stuck on the ship jump puzzle for like an hour, and dont get me started about the wall of dicks, which can take an hour as well if not longer.

So yeah, ran the raid, got one measly 300 chest to drop for me, never completed it because people could not get past the platforming on sisters with the whole "choose random person" mechanic. No thanks, ill pass. Also if you do LFG, youre at the mercy of the team. Ive had raids last 4-5 hours and still fail at the end, fuck that shit. Couple this with a horrible drop rate for time invested, I just dont really see the point for +light. So yeah, if you have a set crew you run with then, yeah, its worth it. I just dont like it as a solo type player. Compare this to Crota or Atheon raids that were able to be complete in less than a hour or 1:30 at most as time progressed, this is by far the worst. Maybe I just have bad luck with LFG, but yeah.
You can finish this raid in under an hour with a decent team, I agree LFG can cause that to quite a bit longer, I've also had several hour raids but once you get a decent team should be able to clear fast. Wall of dicks really takes a max three mins, if people fail at jumping make them rejoin at next checkpoint.

On that note, sick of the raid also, 16 hard mode clears now and not a single helmet, still stuck at 317.5 for 4 weeks now. Not a single upgrade in that time...

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've never fathomed how or why some people struggle so hard w/ the jumping part. Maybe they should just add more jumping to WoW raids and people would stop complaining it's too easy. I mean, if someone is taking more than 5mins to complete either of the platform parts, they're gone. We're 2 months into the raid and people that killed HM Oryx still have issues. It just blows my mind.

Apart from that I found the raid to be more interesting than Crota by a million times. Crota was a one-man show in almost every part of the raid. Thralls? Hunter or Titan can run through np. Bridge? Solo the whole thing on the rocks? Wizardchick? solo w/ a Gjallarhorn. Crota? Shoot rockets, pressure all on sword guy. At least in this raid the weight of responsibility is spread out a bit more, and you can stay active most of the time. Overall I agree though, not enough shooting. To this date though, I think thatnon-cheeseTemplar HM is the best fight. Lot's of activity required by the whole group in order to get a kill.

spronk

FPS noob
nah oryx HM has the same problems as crota. guy who is on pressure plate on warpriest is clutch guy, everyone else is just DPSing boss while standing still. same with golgoroth. same with daughters, except its random who is the clutch person. oryx is a bit more varied i guess but its still basically do a little dance while clutch guy platforms, then everyone stand together for a while. it is a good fight though, just too long to pug in HM since a death is a wipe.

logged in today morning and i guess they changed a bunch of stuff for the patch, i have new crucible quests and iron banner is running this week. all I saw were some crappy 280 chest and gloves from the vendor, I assume there really isn't any reason to run IB this week... i might play a bit and fill up 10 IB bounties and save them to turn in another time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
People are reporting 300+ stuff is dropping from end of match rewards when you hit certain ranks, also Shaxx gives you prizes for certain ranks, people getting a 310 blue artifact at rank 3 and there is another you get at rank 5 so there is that. So its a good thing for the crucible players to catch up. But yeah, same shit different week. Ive been just crucible'ing it up lately casual like, got my chaperone done finally, shit like that.

Also I dot really care for clash being the current IB. Its a fucking clusterfuck. Spawn flipping like crazy, people just running around willy-nilly like and just mass havoc. At least with control it gave people points to congregate to instead of just running around lone wolf rambo style. But the matches have all been pretty close and they are definitely shorter in clash so there is that.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just think when heroic mode opens up you can do what youre doing all over again for more marginal upgrades!
biggrin.png
I hope The Division delivers when it comes out and doesnt turn out to be a flop.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have high hopes for Division. Figured I would oscillate between Division and Destiny, but no real media from Ubisoft is scary, because we all know they poop out info to every major gaming site. Haven't seen shit for Division really. I just hope it doesn't fail either. Maybe they're just waiting til the holiday BS w/ Fallout, Star Wars and COD dies off to start ramping up advertising.

spronk

FPS noob
you are on crack if you think ubisoft is going to pump out a decent competitor to Destiny / COD / CS / TF2 / Overwatch / etc.

Overwatch or Battleborn are the games you should be watching, not Division.

Division is going to be the same Ubisoft formula (giant open world, small quest hubs, insane collectible lists, microtransactions up the ass) that they have used in everything from Crew, Assassins Creed, Far Cry, etc.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The latest stuff they showed some game reporters at some gaming convention on The Division, the game reporters were not impressed. They went into the "dark zone" or some shit did some missions and stuff, collected good loot, then sent a beacon up to the sky for a removal chopper to come, thus alerting all the near by players of their location and that they had loot. So a mass PvP battle ensued for the loot they wanted to keep and others wanted to take.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never said it was going to compete, just that I was interested. The combat looked fun. I enjoy 3rd person shooters. And if it follows the same mmo-esque model, would be easy to play each game in between content patches, as we both know will be shortlived until the next one comes out 6 months later.

Overwatch is easily my most anticipated game. Meh @ battleborn.

I've never fathomed how or why some people struggle so hard w/ the jumping part. Maybe they should just add more jumping to WoW raids and people would stop complaining it's too easy. I mean, if someone is taking more than 5mins to complete either of the platform parts, they're gone. We're 2 months into the raid and people that killed HM Oryx still have issues. It just blows my mind.

Apart from that I found the raid to be more interesting than Crota by a million times. Crota was a one-man show in almost every part of the raid. Thralls? Hunter or Titan can run through np. Bridge? Solo the whole thing on the rocks? Wizardchick? solo w/ a Gjallarhorn. Crota? Shoot rockets, pressure all on sword guy. At least in this raid the weight of responsibility is spread out a bit more, and you can stay active most of the time. Overall I agree though, not enough shooting. To this date though, I think thatnon-cheeseTemplar HM is the best fight. Lot's of activity required by the whole group in order to get a kill.
Sad part is Luke Smith and his team sat down and discussed how to make this raid need (almost) a full fireteam to get past each phase. It actually ruins the fun of the raid a bit because they tried so hard to design it to need a full team. Whole raid is 1 person stand here, other stand there.... Even gorgoroth needs a minimum of three to attempt on hard one for gaze, one for dps one for unstable debuff. Everywhere else its stupid plates.

If they didnt try so hard to make it unsoloable they would have had a ton of freedom for better design, the oryx fight is so stupid, why would the boss set up some pressure plates that help you kill him?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Oryx had to contend with OSHA regulations. The Taken are nothing against the power of Bureaucracy.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
you are on crack if you think ubisoft is going to pump out a decent competitor to Destiny / COD / CS / TF2 / Overwatch / etc.

Overwatch or Battleborn are the games you should be watching, not Division.

Division is going to be the same Ubisoft formula (giant open world, small quest hubs, insane collectible lists, microtransactions up the ass) that they have used in everything from Crew, Assassins Creed, Far Cry, etc.
Overwatch is legit and i like beta quite a bit as is - Battleborn was not impressive - Destiny sees to not learn from past mistakes and tires out too quickly - The Division looks different so there is always hope when something tries to stand apart from the crowd. Will it succeed? Who knows, its a good possibility that it will flop or not live up to its own hype like other Ubi games. However it has beta in december so a good portion of people will atleast be able to try it out then and decide if its worth it to keep their hopes up.

In other news BLOPS3 is the best CoD ive played in atleast 4 years just for the MP. Ghost and AW were pure shit and tbh anything after BLOPS1 was pretty meh imo.

Praetorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
Overwatch is legit and i like beta quite a bit as is - Battleborn was not impressive - Destiny sees to not learn from past mistakes and tires out too quickly - The Division looks different so there is always hope when something tries to stand apart from the crowd. Will it succeed? Who knows, its a good possibility that it will flop or not live up to its own hype like other Ubi games. However it has beta in december so a good portion of people will atleast be able to try it out then and decide if its worth it to keep their hopes up.

In other news BLOPS3 is the best CoD ive played in atleast 4 years just for the MP. Ghost and AW were pure shit and tbh anything after BLOPS1 was pretty meh imo.
Who the fuck calls it BLOPS3? Be an adult and call it BO3 like everyone else.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
The raid needs to guarantee 310 nm and 320 hm. This randomization of raid loot light levels is stupid. Much harder to be successful in the raid than the pvp bountis/ranks with the same light rewards...and this is coming from a very very average pvper (never been to the lighthouse, or even close really)

I just half assed my way through IB to rank 5 and got a 308 chest, 307 chest, 310 ghost, and 318 sniper (probably about 4 hours total of IB matches), and did the trials bounties for a 308 primary in about 2 hours. In comparison I've done KF hm 3x and in those probably 12-15 hours all I've gotten of a light level worth noting, is a 314 primary and 318 boots. The raid is much more work, with nothing guaranteed unless you win, the same random light levels, and lower drop rates.