Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

The raid needs to guarantee 310 nm and 320 hm. This randomization of raid loot light levels is stupid. Much harder to be successful in the raid than the pvp bountis/ranks with the same light rewards...and this is coming from a very very average pvper (never been to the lighthouse, or even close really)

I just half assed my way through IB to rank 5 and got a 308 chest, 307 chest, 310 ghost, and 318 sniper (probably about 4 hours total of IB matches), and did the trials bounties for a 308 primary in about 2 hours. In comparison I've done KF hm 3x and in those probably 12-15 hours all I've gotten of a light level worth noting, is a 314 primary and 318 boots. The raid is much more work, with nothing guaranteed unless you win, the same random light levels, and lower drop rates.
15 Hardmode clears and still no helmet, so yes I agree with you, its bullshit. Have no clue why I even waste my time to be honest, if I get the helmet big deal, ill hit 318 light and be stuck there until they decide to release an artifact and then be forever 319, because I sure as hell dont expect to get upgrades to the 318 and 319's I have. Its been worse lately as all my raid group has quit so running with LFG has been torture takes ten times as long..

I've been unlucky with IB and trials packages also, not a single exotic from the packages and no helmets. Friend pulled 3 exotics in single week of trials. 318 helm.

I'm not against RNG but would love some DKP to buy some of that elusive gear.

Needless

Toe Sucker
aww i just bought it on the XBO to play with a friend like 2 weeks ago.
frown.png

I want exclusive shit!

Nija

<Silver Donator>
its a holy fuck, fallout 4 just decimated our player base.
Yeah I have logged in once since Fallout 4 came out - last Wednesday to inspect the gunsmith orders. I'll do the same tomorrow.

I'm only 311, so there are a lot of potential upgrades for me to get, but it's not worth the time investment for a maybe.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm only 307 and haven't killed oryx HM but haven't logged in and played for weeks, just don't really feel motivated at all. HM is too hard for me, no point in really doing anything else since I won't get a reward that matters. The tiny pool of useful exotics in Y2 and the shitty loot distribution in nightfalls (I also got like six ghosts in 6 runs, like someone else) really erased any interest in playing. And I logged in pretty much every week the first year.

I guess they are going to put in more exotics next month but honestly the only thing that could get me to come back is nerfing the HM raid to the ground, I'd rather just run it with randos and shoot the shit for an hour than make it some sort of test of my video game platforming and not-dying skills. I did love normal mode though, even when I fucked up and died it didn't matter usually since someone could rez me 30 secs later. I'd rather see them completely eliminate hard mode, and instead put in challenge mode for only some bosses where if you do extra shit (nobody dies, spawn more adds, etc) you get a shot at ships/shaders/emblems. Pugs won't bother, premades will try for the lulz.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
its a holy fuck, fallout 4 just decimated our player base.
They will all be back once they get some new shit in Destiny, they always do. Fallout is nothing more than a month of single player shit if that. This game has been dying for entire year now, lol.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I got to 310 on my Titan doing Iron Banner and Trial of Osris bounties. It was nice seeing improved rewards going to folks who hit rank 3/5 and completing the silver/gold bounties.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
i'm only 307 and haven't killed oryx HM
I got to 307 with pretty much all my characters (using the same guns) without stepping into any raid but one time, NM, and not even completing it. this weeks IB helped to score those ghosts and artifacts, plus the R5 packages dropped some nice weapons for me. I got the 315 shotgun, 318 rocket which I infused into the LMG, tons of other chests and arms, LMGs and handcannons across all my three characters and the new ship dropped for me too.

Plus the trials thing has been helping too. Ive been just doing the bounty thing and scored some good stuff from there as well. I think I sit in a perfect place right now light level to enjoy the PvP events without getting crushed. And thats essentially where I wanted to be.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
I'm still running HM 3x a week, but that's about it. Devoting more time to Fallout 4 so no time for bounties, Nightfalls, PvP, etc ....

There is no need to nerf HM, it's too easy as is, with the exception of Oryx. About 1/3 the pugs I get on in Destiny LFG can complete it in under 2 hours. Almost all raids can 1-shot every boss but Oryx, and then you end up spending 2-3 hours on Oryx trying to hold your temper while the same 1 or 2 idiots can't figure out what to do. Three times we've managed to 1-shot all the bosses, including Oryx. Everyone is getting better, people are getting higher light levels, etc.

I understand if people are getting tired of Destiny, I had burned out before also to the point where I didn't even bother playing the previous expansion. However, I'm still having fun with the raid personally. I'm up to 5 slots at 320. Lowest slot is boots at 313.

I'm still running HM 3x a week, but that's about it. Devoting more time to Fallout 4 so no time for bounties, Nightfalls, PvP, etc ....

There is no need to nerf HM, it's too easy as is, with the exception of Oryx. About 1/3 the pugs I get on in Destiny LFG can complete it in under 2 hours. Almost all raids can 1-shot every boss but Oryx, and then you end up spending 2-3 hours on Oryx trying to hold your temper while the same 1 or 2 idiots can't figure out what to do. Three times we've managed to 1-shot all the bosses, including Oryx. Everyone is getting better, people are getting higher light levels, etc.

I understand if people are getting tired of Destiny, I had burned out before also to the point where I didn't even bother playing the previous expansion. However, I'm still having fun with the raid personally. I'm up to 5 slots at 320. Lowest slot is boots at 313.
5 slots at 320 here as well, finally got a helmet on my 18th clear. 318.5 light now, really not expecting any upgrades at this point except a challenge mode artifact at 320. Just been runing the raid hoping for some stuff to use to infuse some guns when they weapon balance patch goes live.

Anyone wanna bet Bungie has decided to charge us for challenge mode? Would it surprise you?

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone wanna bet Bungie has decided to charge us for challenge mode? Would it surprise you?
Huh? Do you have some inside information, because that type of shit usually comes out a bit before the patch goes live and that questions seems completely random. And the patch is coming out in a week or two. I think the uprising would be huge if they charged for challenge modes. It would surprise me and I highly doubt it.

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
Challenge Mode was easy. I wonder how much of the Destiny population is +317? I am happy about to new loot, it pushed me to 318. Too bad re-rolled has died a bit from its "hayday" from many moths ago. There used to be an entire rerolled community.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sparrow racing league coming dec 8! Just announced live at psx with a trailer.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2QorJcbO2g

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think it will be fun, but certainly not enough to hold us over for the next 3? (6?) months. They need to announce a real dlc with content

spronk

FPS noob
if they release a minor content patch like that every 6 weeks for free, i'd be happy. looks fun, hopefully no stupid bullshit like "must kill oryx HM to complete the sparrow quest!"

it was weird though hearing there would be exclusive iron banner gear for PSN

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just hope all the sparrow bounties arent tied to winning races. I can only imagine how perfect some of the hardcore racers are going to be and I'll have no shot at beating them (just like ToO)