Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Zarcath

Silver Squire
Anyone know if the sharing of PSN logins would work for the digital version of Destiny on the PS3? I know you can load your PSN purchases on a couple of different consoles, but didn't know if that applied to a game that required constant internet connectivity.

I do this with my brother regularly so we can try out each others purchases, and was just curious if it would work with Destiny.

edit: oh and I know it's a little shady to do that, but wanting to save a few $$ now since I will be rebuying Destiny for the PS4 when I buy my PS4 console at next price drop.
characters are tied to your PSN account.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If anyone wants a PS4 Ghost Edition preorder from Amazon at retail price let me know by PM. If not I will toss it on ebay for not very much.

I decided to buy the white PS4 that comes with it and don't need the silly toy.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
So far the campaign missions have been a blast. Done the level 6 strike maybe a dozen times and it's fairly fun, and hectic at points. Defenitly right earlier about doing them on the harder setting to make it a challenge. Making it way more fun for my second character.

Crucible to me feels bland and dull. The one scenario they have open is just a clusterfuck, Iv'e loved online fps multiplayer for years, but something about this is just off to me. Don't know what it is but i haven't found it entertaining in the slightest, and mostly just frustrating.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got emailed a couple extra beta codes. Please post to let others know if you use one. Thanks.

Voucher Code for PS4: 2LJ5-AAN7-6P42
Voucher Code for PS3: *gone*

edited out PS3 code and sent to Stave.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
call out which one you grab

PS4 codes:
BDHM-T5N5-2MD9
DQMH-NGND-82TA
755R-RPNF-8F6Q
BRBD-MTNA-6JK5

360 Codes:
DX9PC-DW4FR-7RJXK-4QMVD-TGM3Z
KJVHT-KDW67-VWHXT-23CG2-43K4Z
WCDGD-YHDMM-CWCD9-WT7Q3-2GDKZ
RGK97-VR7MM-7FPXY-PVWCG-WDGFZ
no more irc bro?

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
I think I am starting to develop some unhealthy habits thanks to Destiny. Ince the servers went up yesterday, I played for a good amount of time with a buddy thats new to Destiny. We had a blast, which is great because I was the one who talked him into buying a ps4 early and trying the game. After a long MMOish play session we were both content and decided to log off till tomorrow after work. Well... Then I woke up in the middle of the night..

So here I am laying in bed convincing myself that sleep isn't in the cards and I might as well get up. I decided against it, but then I told myself: "you can't sleep, why waste time laying in bed wishing you could." I followed this line of thoughts all the way to the point where I convinced myself I really wanted to play my Titan tomorrow with my buddy, not the hunter I played all day today. So obviously since I am writing this post, my Titan is now caught up lol.... It has been a really long time since an MMO or a game with MMOish type features has made me feel like a crackhead trying to score his next fix. Well played Destiny...Well played indeed.

Column_sl

shitlord
So they are doing some interesting things with Light.

Your set level is 20, but your Light level go ways past.
If you look at the high tiered items in the beta the light level is already at 18 and the description says It enhances everything.

So we know for sure there is 38 levels maybe more.

Wage

Molten Core Raider
call out which one you grab

PS4 codes:
BDHM-T5N5-2MD9
DQMH-NGND-82TA
755R-RPNF-8F6Q
BRBD-MTNA-6JK5

360 Codes:
DX9PC-DW4FR-7RJXK-4QMVD-TGM3Z
KJVHT-KDW67-VWHXT-23CG2-43K4Z
WCDGD-YHDMM-CWCD9-WT7Q3-2GDKZ
RGK97-VR7MM-7FPXY-PVWCG-WDGFZ
Used WCDGD-YHDMM-CWCD9-WT7Q3-2GDKZ.

Thanks for the code. I'm excited to give this a try now.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Argh. So I'm at a crossroads, the PS4 version has been excellent, but the Xbone version seems quite handy as well. I have friends who use Xbone or 360 exclusively, but there is substantial PlayStation exclusive content.

Which version do I go with?

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
Argh. So I'm at a crossroads, the PS4 version has been excellent, but the Xbone version seems quite handy as well. I have friends who use Xbone or 360 exclusively, but there is substantial PlayStation exclusive content.

Which version do I go with?
PS4 and get new friends
smile.png
....Or have the 360 friends get a PS4, personally never understood console loyalty. If they all have stuff I like, I get them all eventually so that I can play the games I want. I just typically get a playstation first because of Uncharted heh In the end you have to ask yourself: 1. will they get the game? 2. do they like the game as much as me? 3. Will I be playing this by myself anyway in 3 months? And 4. Do I really want to wait a whole year for launch PS4/3 exclusives and a whole your for the expansion pack PS4/3 exclusives when those come out? The only logical choice really is to get new friends
tongue.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's something really weird about weapon damage. It's like you're not allowed to one-shot some mobs with a primary weapon.

I'm a L8 Titan with a 62 attack Jigoku scout rifle (the highest impact of them all).

I can shoot a level 1 vandal for 199, leaving it with about 2 pixels of health.
I can shoot a level 4 vandal for 243, leaving it with about 2 pixels of health.
I can shoot a level 5 vandal for 243, leaving it with about 2 pixels of health.
I can shoot a level 9 vandal for 247, leaving it with about 5 pixels of health.

There's a pattern there, but it's not one that makes any damn sense.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
There's something really weird about weapon damage. It's like you're not allowed to one-shot some mobs with a primary weapon.

I'm a L8 Titan with a 62 attack Jigoku scout rifle (the highest impact of them all).

I can shoot a level 1 vandal for 199, leaving it with about 2 pixels of health.
I can shoot a level 4 vandal for 243, leaving it with about 2 pixels of health.
I can shoot a level 5 vandal for 243, leaving it with about 2 pixels of health.
I can shoot a level 9 vandal for 247, leaving it with about 5 pixels of health.

There's a pattern there, but it's not one that makes any damn sense.
Sounds to me like they are trying to stave off bullet inflation. Pretty smart idea, adding a bullet sink into the game by making sure it takes two bullets to kill a mob that obviously should only take 1. At least its subtle enough that a lot of people will not notice this tax and immersion will be preserved
redface.png
)...Sorry, didn't sleep last night heh...

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh, and something else I noticed last night. Keeping an inventory section full no longer prevents the strike from giving you one of those items. I had full special weapons and got a sniper rifle anyway. It poofed completely too, there's no overflow and >12 hours later it still hasn't shown up in my mail so it's definitely gone.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Something's off about that though as I know I've one-shot mobs with a scout rifle head shot. Is there some disparity between using an above level weapon on under leveled mobs?