Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

khorum

Murder Apologist
I don't suppose anyone's actually TRIED a mouse with Destiny? I remember playing Dust514 on the PS3 with a mouse/kb awhile back but I just assumed it wouldn't work with destiny.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't suppose anyone's actually TRIED a mouse with Destiny? I remember playing Dust514 on the PS3 with a mouse/kb awhile back but I just assumed it wouldn't work with destiny.
It looks like they've got the client set up so that should they decide to eventually enable it they could, but people confirmed back in Alpha it's not doing KBM for now at the very least.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
SO much good information in this thread. Thanks for sharing it with those of us with retarded thumbs.
Pro-tip for First Light on the moon.

If you are playing with a fireteam with headsets, make sure you start the map with 1 person in the Interceptor and 1 person in the pike, last person on the turret. Don't move, just sit there. The other team should be coming with there vehicle sets. Very rarely do they head to B flag. Turret has a longer range then Interceptor shells. Interceptors are slower then pikes.

Have the turret focus the Interceptor, Interceptor and Pike Focus the other pike. When the Interceptor is in range of your Interceptor their pike should be dead and you can all focus the Interceptor. The pilot will die first and you will have all your vehicles alive plus a damaged Interceptor for the turret operator to pilot. Rush C and then B.

If you have two good interceptor pilots you should be able to keep them alive for half the match. For the first couple mins you can be quite aggressive. About the time you hear the heavy ammo warning you should start skirting the map. Let your team mates deal with people with heavy weapon.

If you are skirting the map and you see someone b-lining for you, chances are they are going to try and ULT you. Should be easy to pick them off.

You can KIND of time people ULTS by flag caps. You get about 1/5th of a ULT from capping a flag so depending on whos controlling what you should know when people are going to start going off with ULTS.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
PVP wise, I had much much greater success with a hunter over my Titan (like 1:1 k/d versus .4:1) golden gun is great to pop when you're about to head into a room with multiple defenders on a flag, way easier to get off two kills versus having to run into melee range as a Titan when they're likely to have you dead before you get off your super. And double jump just seems a lot more user friendly that the Titan rocket boost, less likely to keep you floating in mid air, and still lets you reach the little alcoves and shit where you sometimes need to get.

And yea, throwing knife is obviously way better than the titan's melee, maybe not as good as lowering your grenade cooldown, but still pretty nice.

Pulse rifles seem fairly worthless in PVP, they work great in PVE, because doing the strike with a scout rifle fucking sucks on your trigger finger by the time you've drained 300+ rounds against each boss. But a scout rifle or auto seem to be the only way to go for PVP. Even "if" all three shots hit in PVP, it basically only does as much damage as the scouts one hit, and headshots are way more likely to hit on the scout.

Hand cannons, I haven't really tried, they just seemed really underpowered in PVE, haven't tested it in PVP, but I'd expect it to be similar, might as well use fusion or shotty if you're regularly shooting in tight quarters.

Shotguns and fusion rifles seem fairly balanced, I think fusion is more likely to one shot from longer range, but the buildup is harsher, sniper seems useless outside of the moon map.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The xbox install shows an art montage if you load it while installing, shows some cool images and a bunch of mobs to look forward to seeing in game.

Tho apparently ps4 had it too but never noticed!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Xbox download speeds have taken a strong hit, it zoomed to 30% then it turned into dial up speeds. Feels like I'm using prodigy or aol to sign onto xbox, just 3% in last 15 minutes.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
You would think there would be a better (read: any) way to communicate in a game like this. I'm playing with Vorph and there's tons I would like to relay but it is not the kind of gameplay to allow constant messaging through PSN.

Anyway, I just found a near maximum impact fusion rifle (seriously missing like a cm on the scale) and have organized my other things. Going to try and get some better auto / scout rifles and heavy weapons but I am going to test some things out tonight if possible. Will post results later.

edit; The ghost sounds like Peter Dinklage (Tyrion from GoT.)