Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I've one-shotted with the sniper rifles as well, but paid no attention to mod/weapon levels when doing it. Will mess around when I play tonight.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Something's off about that though as I know I've one-shot mobs with a scout rifle head shot. Is there some disparity between using an above level weapon on under leveled mobs?
That's what it appears to be. I can still one-shot dregs, thralls, etc. but the damage is definitely reduced. Vandals just happen to be at some weird threshold where the damage reduction always makes it so that they have a sliver of life left after the first headshot.

Indyrat

Trakanon Raider
call out which one you grab

PS4 codes:
BDHM-T5N5-2MD9
DQMH-NGND-82TA
755R-RPNF-8F6Q
BRBD-MTNA-6JK5

360 Codes:
DX9PC-DW4FR-7RJXK-4QMVD-TGM3Z
KJVHT-KDW67-VWHXT-23CG2-43K4Z
WCDGD-YHDMM-CWCD9-WT7Q3-2GDKZ
RGK97-VR7MM-7FPXY-PVWCG-WDGFZ
used brbd-mtna-6jk5

Thanks a ton Zarcath

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
On the first mission (not counting the tutorial level), there is a cutscene when you complete it. Is that characters voice done by Bill Nighy...Viktor from Underworld, among other things. Sounds so familiar.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah, I've one-shotted with the sniper rifles as well, but paid no attention to mod/weapon levels when doing it. Will mess around when I play tonight.
The sniper rifle that the hunter starts with routinely hits equal level mobs for around 1050 damage. So yes.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
XBone codes

YW34V-QVXHJ-CJC7Q-W4J2C-HGHKZ
F9Y97-T4WKJ-XP62W-CMRHW-PKYHZ
2RQK2-CYQTT-XKKGF-279P3-KXJ4Z
VPYW4-7MQMK-QYK92-4QVM7-6TTPZ
RH4MW-QDHH3-FDJK7-FKYXY-QJ6FZ

@Regime: I have a PS4 and Xbone but i'm not on much
@Harfle: I can't use IRC at work
frown.png

Vorph

On the first mission (not counting the tutorial level), there is a cutscene when you complete it. Is that characters voice done by Bill Nighy...Viktor from Underworld, among other things. Sounds so familiar.
Yeah, that's Bill Nighy as the Speaker.

So far I've recognized him, Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Lance Reddick, Peter Stormare, Nika Futterman, and Shohreh Aghdashloo as various vendors/faction characters around the tower.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I heard Gina but no Nathan. Where is he? Should we be waiting for the rest of firefly as well? Bungie does love them

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I have one shot mobs with headshots as well - I think precision strikes are the only way to get a one shot with primary weapons from what I've seen so far. For what it's worth, those headshots came with my Jigoku as well.

Also, on my Hunter, I am critting normal or lower mobs with headshots on my sniper rifle for close to 2,000 damage - however, of course if I hit a precision strike on a Knight, Wizard, Captain or anything higher like that it doesn't always seem to do nearly close to the same high damage threshold. It still hits like a truck, but it's not like constantly in the several thousands I'm sure.

Column_sl

shitlord
Oh, and something else I noticed last night. Keeping an inventory section full no longer prevents the strike from giving you one of those items. I had full special weapons and got a sniper rifle anyway. It poofed completely too, there's no overflow and >12 hours later it still hasn't shown up in my mail so it's definitely gone.
Yeah they changed this after the patch =(

Vorph

I heard Gina but no Nathan. Where is he? Should we be waiting for the rest of firefly as well? Bungie does love them
He's the hunter class leader dude (Cayde-6).

-------------------

Also, I'm not saying there's a thing to prevent one-shot kills. There's just something that reduces your damage against [much] lower level targets. In a lot of cases you can still one-shot them. Vandals just happen to have exactly the right amount of hp that the damage reduction on a 62 attack Jigoku drops each headshot to just a hair shy of a kill.

Something else I've noticed: yellow name mobs have a built in 50% damage reduction on precision strikes. While the thing with low level is just an annoyance at most, this one I see as a serious problem. Why? Because body shots are NOT reduced at all. You can take a high-damage spray 'n' pray weapon and you won't lose any damage at all when fighting a yellow. Use a scout rifle, which gets most of its strength from you being able to aim well, and you lose half your damage. I was a scout fan for PVE, but now I'm not sure why I should ever use anything but ARs.

Hand cannons I still see as a far-inferior scout rifle, and pulse rifles are like the worst-of-both-worlds combination of AR and scout. Definitely hoping for some tuning to the weapon types as a whole before release.

Vaclav

Yeah, that's Bill Nighy as the Speaker.

So far I've recognized him, Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Lance Reddick, Peter Stormare, Nika Futterman, and Shohreh Aghdashloo as various vendors/faction characters around the tower.
Missed Claudia Black? Or just not familiar with her.

[Aeryn from Farscape, Morrigan from Dragon Age, etc]

Vorph

Missed Claudia Black? Or just not familiar with her.

[Aeryn from Farscape, Morrigan from Dragon Age, etc]
Missed, I guess...

Oh, she's the special orders vendor. It's empty in beta so I didn't spend any time hanging around by her shop.

khorum

Murder Apologist
call out which one you grab

PS4 codes:
BDHM-T5N5-2MD9
DQMH-NGND-82TA
755R-RPNF-8F6Q
BRBD-MTNA-6JK5

360 Codes:
DX9PC-DW4FR-7RJXK-4QMVD-TGM3Z
KJVHT-KDW67-VWHXT-23CG2-43K4Z
WCDGD-YHDMM-CWCD9-WT7Q3-2GDKZ
RGK97-VR7MM-7FPXY-PVWCG-WDGFZ
Claimed DQMH-NGND-82TA, thanks.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Something needs to be tweaked for pulse rifles, hand cannons, shotguns and then more specifically very certain kinds of weapons in particular sets (some scopes, handling and damage output for shot type variation are just not at all viable).

I feel like they are not really on par with the rest of what's available. *shrug*

Column_sl

shitlord
Just some notes

The game is allot deeper then it appears on the surface in regards to grinding.

There is 20 levels, then we no for sure 18 light levels maybe more

At least 4 different faction vendors, and each merchant needs to be individually leveled up.

There are 3 main classes, and 3 sub classes all with skill trees that need to be maxed.
Most weapons need to be upgraded with the higher tiered weapons taking high quality crafted parts.

I was looking at the lock sub class, and they get heals so that must mean they are tuning the raids to need healers.

I hope this is a huge success, and Bungie puts all there effort into expanding the base game. They could do everything from player housing in our ships, to space battles, and the multiple worlds is another good thing to keep expansions continually rolling out.

They could also do higher tiered 3 man strike dungeons based off the gear progression in raids. Like a nightmare level.

Vorph

At least 4 different faction vendors, and each merchant needs to be individually leveled up.
Each character you play has to do all its own unlocks, so there's that as well.

Although, I must say I'm a bit concerned that about how many of them are Crucible-related and how few are Vanguard-related. I give no fucks at all about PVP, and this is the one thing still stopping me from pre-ordering the game. (Well, two things really, I'm still not willing to buy a PS4 and I hate the idea of getting double-dipped when I finally do. Doubly so if I was to buy the DLC and it didn't transfer to PS4 either.)

Vaclav

Missed, I guess...

Oh, she's the special orders vendor. It's empty in beta so I didn't spend any time hanging around by her shop.
Was gonna say, such a distinct voice for her and right in the middle of everything - but of course, currently useless too as you said.

On the "double dip" - assuming you think you're going to be holding out for around 2 years, it probably wouldn't be a double dip - I'd imagine if Destiny 1 content is still relevant to Destiny 2 characters (that you would "import" or whatever you want to call it) they'd either package it free or ridiculously cheap with the sequel.

Only seems like it's a likely issue if you're likely to get a PS4 before 2017 IMO.