Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
i think the dude is jibbering in polish but at the end the ghost speaks in english

i hope amazon ships my box and it isn't damaged
frown.png

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Spronk, were you able to pre-order one? I still haven't seen it go live w/ the actual ability to pre-order yet (form Amazon)

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bought the digital PS3 version, and now I get the PS4 version for free? Score!! Figured I'd try and swing a PS4 console purchase around Black Friday, so this makes it even sweeter since I can buy they original black console instead of the (probably more expensive) white Destiny bundle.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
Full List recap so far for anyone who might have missed some:

Code Reward: Codes from the Trading cards that were handed out
YKA-RJG-MH9 Warlock
3DA-P4X-F6A Titan
MVD-4N3-NKH Hunter
TCN-HCD-TGY Rixis
HDX-ALM-V4K Old Russia
473-MXR-3X9 Hive
JMR-LFN-4A3 Moon
HC3-H44-DKC Gjallorhorn
69P-KRM-JJA Duke MK.44
69P-VCH-337 The Hive
69R-CKD-X7L The Hive Ogre
69R-DDD-FCP Valley of the kings, Mars
69R-F99-AXG The Fallen
69R-VL7-J6A Red Death
69X-DJN-74V The Cabal
6A7-7NP-3X7 The Devastated Coast, Venus
6A9-DTG-YGN Vex Minotaur

Code Reward: Planet View Reward
7F9-767-F74 Emblem

Code Reward: Limited Edition codes: Thanks to LtThunderpants
FJ9-LAM-67F Emblem
JD7-4CM-HJG Emblem
JDT-NLC-JKM Emblem
JNX-DMH-XLA Emblem
7CP-94V-LFP Emblem

Also found these 2 in a post a little bit down:

7MM-VPD-MHP - Shader: Double Banshee
RXC-9XJ-4MH - Shader: Oracle 99

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I kinda wonder if they will have the Ghost available for sale on the Bungie store sometime after the release. I really do want one of those little dudes.

spronk

FPS noob
Spronk, were you able to pre-order one? I still haven't seen it go live w/ the actual ability to pre-order yet (form Amazon)
pre-order what? I put in a order for PS3 digital guardian edition straight from PSN store, don't see the point of going through amazon

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the big deal about this? Is the PS3 or Xbox360 version cheaper? And from what spronk says it seems the next gen isn't activated right away anyway.

Seems like a neat promo that allows people to get the game now, and know they won't have to get fucked and rebuy the game if they get a next gen system?
The deal itself is great, since I'm playing on PS3 for the time being. I ended up saving $18 (no tax) 'downgrading' from the physical LE to the digital guardian edition, and the Gamestop dude didn't give me any hassle about it either. Probably helped that I took PSN cards instead of getting my cash back. It was just annoying that they waited until a few days before launch to announce it.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Btw.. even if your ps4 download says done in notifications, it's still downloading, just have to go to the game > information to tell what it's at. I was wondering all last night how the fuck I downloaded 18 gigs in 10 minutes, but just found out where to see the actual download amount this morning. Good thing I'm bored with nothing to do or I'd still be downloading on Tuesday.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Bought the digital PS3 version, and now I get the PS4 version for free? Score!! Figured I'd try and swing a PS4 console purchase around Black Friday, so this makes it even sweeter since I can buy they original black console instead of the (probably more expensive) white Destiny bundle.
Wait, I can buy the PS3 version and I get the PS4 for free?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Picked up a new 65" 4k tv today - didn't realize the input lag would be so high..... interested to see how it plays this Tuesday as I don't want to have to take it back (after seeing 4k youtube clips!).

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That really is great news. I have a feeling my wife is getting me a ps4 for Christmas. I already ordered the digital guardian edition for ps3 a month ago. Good news all around for me. Though I'm a little hurt for my last gen brothers who went for a physical copy

Vaclav

Hmmm... Probably gonna cheap out on the wife for a month or two a 1000 mile move is scary on the budget if I don't want to start cashing out investments. Extra $400 for Sept and buying her PS4 in Oct/Nov is far more preferable right now.

(looking at $15k spent and just had $1700 of car work added to it, fun times)

Makes the delay painless.

PS unhooking the PS4 for the move the 13th and not set a hookup date for the net other side, my availability before October will probably be close to zero.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Hmmm... Probably gonna cheap out on the wife for a month or two a 1000 mile move is scary on the budget if I don't want to start cashing out investments. Extra $400 for Sept and buying her PS4 in Oct/Nov is far more preferable right now.
Don't forget! If you're moving due to work reasons, you can deduct all of those expenses to determine your AGI when you do next years taxes! A 1,000 mile move should be a considerable savings to your taxes. It doesn't help now because it's still money out of pocket but you'd be amazed at how many people forget to take the deductions FOR your AGI.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Picked up a new 65" 4k tv today - didn't realize the input lag would be so high..... interested to see how it plays this Tuesday as I don't want to have to take it back (after seeing 4k youtube clips!).
Does it have a game mode? I have a 55 lg and I noticed that playing a pinball game was unplayable until i switched to game mode which eliminated the input lag.

Vorph

Current 4K TVs (except for Sony's) still have 70-100ms of input lag in game mode. Sony's are down around 40ms, but they kind of cheat to get it that low and image quality suffers a bit.

Bottom line, don't buy a 4K TV to game on.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Does it have a game mode? I have a 55 lg and I noticed that playing a pinball game was unplayable until i switched to game mode which eliminated the input lag.
Cheers for this, ya it does, definitely an improvement - but definitely worse than my older 50" Sony LED. Guess I'll do my "serious" gaming (haha ps4) on the Sony which is now in my office - closer to the screen in there anyways.