Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Because once it's preloaded you still can't play it. I mean what would be the point of loading it earlier?

Column_sl

shitlord
I wanted to avoid the glut of the millions trying to download it over the weekend...

Would have been better if they just spaced it out over the week like the Xbox one.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I just accidentally bought some Tinker Town something or rather game on the website (blindly clicking things with the PS+ icon and just hit checkout, so totally my fault) and they refunded me immediately through Live chat. Was surprisingly easy and helpful.

j00t

I imagine buying something and not downloading it keeps enough air between sales as no product has actually changed hands. Money has, but no goods.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On their support page, the first bullet point listed for reasons for refund is my child purchased something without my knowledge. lol. Apparently it happens pretty often. Good UI programmers on Sony's part though. Literally 2 button pushes and I was able to order Destiny, no wonder my son was able to do it.

Column_sl

shitlord
6Pfs2pz.gif

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah with your Vita LOL.If your PS4 is in standby you can just go to your PSN account on the internet, and download from there.

Column_sl

shitlord
I just checked ,and mine is downloading. i checked the option to download when it became available.

says 18 gb for the preload, and 21 for the full install

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Is it preloading for anyone or just PSN specific Destiny orders?
I'm sure its just PSN. I mean how else would they know you legit purchased the game. Also PS Store is the only place you enter redeemable codes anyway, even if your purchased digital from say, Gamestop.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I think its kind of derpy hat physical copy purchasers can play before digital purchasers on EST time. I mean if servers are up they are up so why the delay? Unless im missing something? Im going to VPN trick my xbox to unlock my shit early if i can.

j00t

I would guess that changing the time zone on your system through a VPN wouldn't actually work. You bought it through the us PS or Xbox store and they are unlocking the game at 12pst. You can be in whatever timezone you want. Your retailer is still the same, essentially

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It unlocks 5EST for aussies iirc, and reviewers are starting at that time, i dont see why it would be impossible to make the xbox servers think youre located in that time zone through a VPN, it works on the PC i dont see why the XB1 would be much different except id be doing it through router and not software on pc.

Well i had wrong time but here is quote

The Destiny Review Plan - IGN

Because Destiny is an online-only game that requires servers to be up and populated to get a sense of what the experience will be like, we won't be able to play it until the servers get switched on for the Australian launch at 5:00 AM Pacific time on Monday, September 8. That means we're going to give it the same treatment we give other online games.