Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Fadaar

That guy
Holy tits after doing some PvP on Bladedancer after unlocking Blink Strike... so so much better. Too bad you have to wait until level 15 to start leveling it up. Arc Blade is a free three kills if you aren't retarded with it.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Blue level 14 Fusion rifle for sale at weapons vendor at the moment. I bought it as I have the level 12 version and it works really well. Saves me the trouble of upgrading the level 12 one with 16 weapon parts when I only have 10.

Doesn't seem worth it upgrading weapons until you get to 20+ with upgrades that requires parts besides glimmer.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Phogoth is cake, not sure why people are complaining about that strike..
Because easy and tedious are not mutually exclusive.

Doesn't seem worth it upgrading weapons until you get to 20+ with upgrades that requires parts besides glimmer.
Yeah, I stopped caring about not getting blue drops while leveling because the upgrades take an absurd amount of materials that are better saved for whatever you get when you first hit 20. I have a few good blue weapons for the 12-16 range but I'll probably have all 3 characters at 20 before I have anywhere near enough surplus weapon parts. Low level guns really should not cost 16 parts (x2).

Not that it really matters when you have my luck and save 2 blue primary weapon engrams for 20 and they both ID to the same fucking gun (Galahad AR, which isn't even the good 'brand', but at least it wasn't a pair of insta-salvage Saharas). And naturally my blue armors have pulse and scout rifle mods...

Fadaar

That guy
Blue level 14 Fusion rifle for sale at weapons vendor at the moment. I bought it as I have the level 12 version and it works really well. Saves me the trouble of upgrading the level 12 one with 16 weapon parts when I only have 10.

There's a lvl 18 variant as well. Need 500 glimmer...

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Phogoth is much easier if you do not stay in the room with the shrieker. Staying in the room with the shrieker causes more wizards to spawn and let's the shrieker dictate your movements. Move your whole fire team to the left side of phogoth and kill all adds first. After that all you have to do is keep an eye on the respawns and focus the wizards. Save super charges for the respawns that get close to killing you. Makes it easy enough that I was able yo do the 18 strike with just myself at 18 and a level 17 after the third abandoned us.
Yeah we moved out eventually and got him down. We moved out a bit initially, but we had a few deaths and that room is the one you respawn in. Add knights and wizards blocking the doorway out and it makes it rough til you can mow them all down.

Column_sl

shitlord
Because easy and tedious are not mutually exclusive.
Arent they all tedious tho? Its just a large hp boss with adds.

There's a couple of the strikes that are more obnoxious then Phogoth. There's plenty of safe spots on that board.
Since the boss fights are static, people will eventually just find the quickest ways to do all the strikes ,and get these fights down to very little time.

It happens in every game where you need to grind.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Got a legendary weap while doing Rumble, turned out to be a machine gun, its pretty coo but i really want a rare or better shotgun.

Xexx01 Exo Female Hunter | Bungie.net

I havent finished the story yet, think i just left Venus. Rumble is the most enjoyable pvp mode for me atm.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I am not feeling this game so far. Mind you I have only a hour or so a day to toss at it and I normally play the few FPS I play on PC. I am only lvl 7 and sheltered myself from beta and most of the hype. So far I am not impressed.

Everything looks the same, the missions feel like they all take place at the same spot, maybe it just too early for me to sink my teeth into it yet.

You know what really urks me, Having to flip the fucking sparrow back over after it crashes. This is such a dumb mechanic. I can summon a new one faster than I can flip and mount. Also when I crash so hard that I flip my ride I lose no health. Just dumb.

I hope once I put some more time into it the RPG feel picks up. I have only seen a few other players in my missions and am at a loss how to join up with them other than just stand near them. I don't like having to go to orbit after I finish my mission, cant I just load a new one while I wait for my mission to close (and why the fuck do I have to wait 28 seconds for my mission to end anyway ?)

Dinklage was cool for about 10 min. His voice is way too monotone for my likening. I get that is the ghost character, but it still sounds like Tyrion. Just a really calm and bored Tyrion.

I hope it gets better as I level.

Hunter class seems pretty lame so far, all I get is a super gun for 3 shots, by my hand cannon one shots most things anyway....

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ok so I hit 15 last night and logged off. Titan is my class. Is switching my subclass totally going to suck balls? Will I be gimped for quite a while?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok so I hit 15 last night and logged off. Titan is my class. Is switching my subclass totally going to suck balls? Will I be gimped for quite a while?
Yes. I finished out 15-20 as striker because it just makes it horrible to level up without any abilities. You might consider switching to defender before turning in bounties though, just to unlock grenade/lift/ward/disintegrate without having to play the class totally gimped.

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Loving the game so far, it is great but not perfect. Graphics are fantastic. Gunplay is responsive and fun. Game really excels when you are rolling around with 2 bros slaughtering robots and bullshitting. I actually like the level design, when you play the story missions you kinda have blinders on and miss a lot, then when you are doing bounties you get to explore and see lots of cool areas that were missed before.

I could care less about the story line in any game so that isn't a negative for me. In fact I wish all games came with a "disable story" option at the beginning that eliminated all cutscenes and story related downtime. Honestly, if its a level up and grind loot game where you know you will be doing the same shit over and over for +gooder stuff why even include a story. Just call the game "level up get loot" and apply the story budget to making the gameplay better. With that said it is super annoying that you can't skip cut scenes in this game. When my bro pointed out that you can do inventory during the cut scenes it did help but it's still stupid.

Another annoyance is the lack of an option to disable the music. I feel like it just keeps getting louder and louder through the mission and the only option is to turn down the speakers and not be able to hear your friends talk. The sound effects are excellent otherwise, especially when you are out in the world and hear shooting in the distance.

Just hit level 19 and I find myself sitting at work wishing I could play. This may only last for a couple weeks or a month, but if I sink 100+ hours into a game and have fun then I consider it money well spent. Hopefully the gear grind at 20 is paced well enough to hold interest for a bit. It's nice that you can do a mix of multiplayer and single player to grind. Like others have said the strike missions boiling down to a giant bullet sponge boss will get old eventually. There should be an element of randomness ala elite packs/rift boss in D3.

I also agree that the single player missions have a terrible lack of diversity. There was the one mission where you get the sword, that was a breath of fresh air and honestly every 2nd or 3rd mission needs to have some sort of different gameplay element like that. Ultimately though if the design of the campaign is to be played only once then it doesn't really matter.

This game has lots of potential. The graphics, gunplay, triple A polish is there. If they can keep the content flowing and make it interesting and rewarding then it will end up being another D3 type game that I can sink hundreds of hours in, even if that means taking breaks between expansions and content patches.

Gryce

Molten Core Raider
Loving the game so far, it is great but not perfect. Graphics are fantastic. Gunplay is responsive and fun. Game really excels when you are rolling around with 2 bros slaughtering robots and bullshitting. I actually like the level design, when you play the story missions you kinda have blinders on and miss a lot, then when you are doing bounties you get to explore and see lots of cool areas that were missed before.

I could care less about the story line in any game so that isn't a negative for me. In fact I wish all games came with a "disable story" option at the beginning that eliminated all cutscenes and story related downtime. Honestly, if its a level up and grind loot game where you know you will be doing the same shit over and over for +gooder stuff why even include a story. Just call the game "level up get loot" and apply the story budget to making the gameplay better. With that said it is super annoying that you can't skip cut scenes in this game. When my bro pointed out that you can do inventory during the cut scenes it did help but it's still stupid.

Another annoyance is the lack of an option to disable the music. I feel like it just keeps getting louder and louder through the mission and the only option is to turn down the speakers and not be able to hear your friends talk. The sound effects are excellent otherwise, especially when you are out in the world and hear shooting in the distance.

Just hit level 19 and I find myself sitting at work wishing I could play. This may only last for a couple weeks or a month, but if I sink 100+ hours into a game and have fun then I consider it money well spent. Hopefully the gear grind at 20 is paced well enough to hold interest for a bit. It's nice that you can do a mix of multiplayer and single player to grind. Like others have said the strike missions boiling down to a giant bullet sponge boss will get old eventually. There should be an element of randomness ala elite packs/rift boss in D3.

I also agree that the single player missions have a terrible lack of diversity. There was the one mission where you get the sword, that was a breath of fresh air and honestly every 2nd or 3rd mission needs to have some sort of different gameplay element like that. Ultimately though if the design of the campaign is to be played only once then it doesn't really matter.

This game has lots of potential. The graphics, gunplay, triple A polish is there. If they can keep the content flowing and make it interesting and rewarding then it will end up being another D3 type game that I can sink hundreds of hours in, even if that means taking breaks between expansions and content patches.
Not sure if it picks up more at the end (Mars) but I have heard several people complain about cutscenes. Outside of just absolutely hating the story (what little of it there is) I don't get it. There are like 6 cutscenes I have seen so far with only like 3 of them being of any real length (Awoken stuff, talk with Stranger). Maybe, MAYBE, like 10 minutes of cutscenes over the course of ever how many hours I have played so far. Different strokes for different folks I guess, whenever I get a cutscene its like making it to an oasis where I get the briefest glimmer (puns!) of the fact that there may at one time have been a story before I realize its a mirage and you get little to nothing.

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not liking cutscenes and narrative is just a personal thing for me. The enjoyment I get from gaming is the progression. I just can't get into the story for whatever reason. Even games which are known for having good stories like bioshock, I cant hit the buttons to skip that shit fast enough. I understand a lot of people do enjoy the immersion aspect, just make us all happy and give an option.

One other thing I didn't mention earlier, is that it shouldn't be so hard to play with others. The game is much more fun with partners. It should be hard NOT to group up. Like every mission should seek to put you in a fireteam unless you tell it not to. There should be proximity voice chat too, just make it easy to mute people to eliminate the trolls.