Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
In a game that has hundreds of thousands of players, the chances of you getting "roflstomped" by an XIM user is slim to none. It still is reliant on the person using it - it doesn't make you better due to the hardware, it makes it so that proficient mouse and keyboard users can be proficient on the console. I get my ass handed to me plenty in COD Ghosts.
Can't say i agree with you. An equally proficient controller user vs. keyboard/mouse user the controller user will get roflstomped every single time. This is the main reason xim is so popular on consoles it obviously gives a HUGE advantage over anyone else using a controller. Heck I will even argue that even a mediocre keyboard/mouse user would destroy a proficient controller user the majority of the time. So with that said I also have to agree that this is why i also won't touch the pvp in this game. Just knowing that there are xim users out there "and i'm betting there are more than you believe" pretty much kills the fun of even bothering with it in the first place. Even having just one person on the other team using a xim means the difference between a fair fight and just totally getting destroyed every game. No thanks.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Level 23 Titan. Got my first Legendary today: a warlock chest piece.

Is there a way for me to rejoin my friends in a strike if I get disconnected? Can the leader just send me an invite or something?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Level 23 Titan. Got my first Legendary today: a warlock chest piece.

Is there a way for me to rejoin my friends in a strike if I get disconnected? Can the leader just send me an invite or something?
As long as they are on your friends list, their strike is set at least to friends only (default) and they haven't filled the spot - Go to your roster, find them on friends list and press X, then join strike

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
level 19 titan so far still haven't seen a single public quest, nor have my other 2 friends who are both just a couple level's behind me. Kinda sucks ass

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
level 19 titan so far still haven't seen a single public quest, nor have my other 2 friends who are both just a couple level's behind me. Kinda sucks ass
This is my biggest gripe... we need Public Events all the time. This was one of the most attractive pieces for me.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I think they tweaked a setting. I saw three public events this AM in about an hour. Of course people have played without them up till now so everyone else around just ignored them. Serious failure of game design to have them nonexistent for the launch.

How they handled subclass pisses me off.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess bungie had said that the lack of public events was a bug and happening about a third as much as they should be. I saw my first last night on the moon after hanging out in Russia for 45 minutes in patrol.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I saw quite a few public events during beta. Sounds bugged.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think they tweaked a setting. I saw three public events this AM in about an hour.
How they handled subclass pisses me off.
I saw 2 public events last night in about 45 minutes of playing so I agree, I think they tweaked a setting recently.

What is it about sub classes that you don't like? I haven't gotten that far into the game yet.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I like the subclasses and the ideas of them... but they are essentially a separate class that you unlock when your first character hits 15. If you switch that character to the new subclass you have NOTHING in terms of abilities and have to level up quite a bit to even unlock your melee attack. Ideally you take one character to 15 before you make any others so that they can level up from 1 with the class you want to use.

I kinda like the idea of the subclass I unlocked, but I'm having to run around like a gimptard while those abilities level up now.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Xur, the weekend only vendor, is found next to the crucible armor merchant.

Exotic Engram = 23 motes of light

Pulse Rifle with 260 base damage = 23 strange coins

Warlock Gauntlets = 13 strange coins

Hunter Helmet = 13 strange coins

Titan Gauntlets = 13 strange coins.

All the armor pieces have a base 21 light. I'm at 6 strange coins...and I guess this guy is only here on the weekend? Hopefully I can get lucky and get 7 more