Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I just got to 20 with my Sunsinger Warlock last night and am now beginning to start the grind for Marks and Reputation on Xbone if anyone wants a partner.

Column_sl

shitlord
Anyone know the most ideal way to rep grind besides bounty?
Adding to the patrols thing.

Go to the moon, and deny every patrol that isnt a kill target one.

They are 25 rep each, and the reason the Moon is good is everything is in a very small area.

Column_sl

shitlord
I just got to 20 with my Sunsinger Warlock last night and am now beginning to start the grind for Marks and Reputation on Xbone if anyone wants a partner.
I have my Sunsinger tree maxed out now.

Want to have some fun?

Get

Angel of Light: Aiming your weapon while in the air will hold you in place for a short time.
Balanced Glide: Upgrades Glide to provide bonuses to both speed and control.
Solar Grenade: A grenade that creates a flare of Solar Light which continually damages enemies trapped inside.
Viking Funeral: Enemies you ignite burn longer and take more damage.
Scorch: A powerful melee attack that ignites enemies, causing damage over time.

Then PVP , because you are god damn fire mage now. Everyone dies it's LULZ. Just rain fire from above. You never need to be on the ground.
The dots do HUGE damage with the perk.

One the PVE end Sunsingers are amazing. I say the ideal group right now is Defender, Sunsinger, Bladedancer.
There really isn't anything better then that.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Seeing all these screenshots with insanely better quality than my PS3 version really makes me want to upgrade, I hope I can remain resilient.

Northerner

N00b
It's a crying shame I can't get this for the PC.

I'm old. I just can't adapt (I've tried) to shooters using a pad. I'm a fucking genius with esdf+mouse but pure scrub otherwise and old enough to be sad when I can't compete. Borderlands is, perhaps, more my speed.

That and I'm still looking for an excuse to buy a PS4. If it were backwards compatible I probably would have already but I'm still waiting on a killer RPG or something. An excuse and twice over since it will require me having two thingies in the console.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I did playlist to max marks then whatever bounties are quickest, Column says moon but i did ALL on Russia just from familiarity of the area taking 2-3 min each.

For PVP all i do is rumble unless a bounty tells me otherwise, with a good shotgun its easy and loot is plentiful.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
They really need to fix the loot thing.

I've never seen decoding blueprints raise the quality of the item, but seems like 40++% of the time, they downgrade. What's the point of "you got a purple legendary!" then you decode it into a shit blue? That has to be a bug.

That said, having played it for 20ish hours now, I'd say all previous complains are valid (same game as in beta), but it does get more fun at 20.

I don't understand what their 10 year plan is though, besides pumping out dlc and items (this game will undoubtedly end up with an in game store for cosmetics).

Unless they change the fundamentals of how people interact, it will never change from what it is now. Seen the developer comments on "oh people who review it in 24 hours can't really review or grasp the full game that happens with thousands online at the same time". As far as I can see the number of people online would only ever contribute to faster queues when doing strikes, raids or PvP. Overworld maps are still phased instances with minimalistic interaction of people.

IE: Venus, inside a building (with the crashed ship) there is a fight between The Fallen and The Vex. Very good place for the bounties of killing 2x with fusion rifles. Constant spawns. Then after 4-5 cycles, the area shifts and suddenly waves of more powerful enemies appear. Then suddenly other people phase in as well. It is not a world event, but it is easy to see that the area opens up, for lack of a better term, to other people during that change of mob spawns. Suddenly there can be 4-5 people there. When the event ends, people phase back out and you are left alone.

Have grinded out that fusion rifle bounty there 3 times, so seen this happen 10 or so times now, the world is indeed instanced with triggers opening it up to people. Never seen more than 4-5 people there though.

Point being, I don't understand the concept the developers are trying to argue, because there don't seem to be mechanics in the game to back it up. There are tons of things they need to fix, but I doubt this will ever be more than the hub jumping game we are playing now. It will never be "massive".

EDIT: Also noticed that you need to go into the webpage under the group tags and activate Rerolled as your clan to register it in game.

EDIT2: If you ever get the bounty kill 10 hive major/ultra, do the Sword mission on the moon. Will finish the bounty and is one of the shortest and easiest missions around.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
IE: Venus, inside a building (with the crashed ship) there is a fight between The Fallen and The Vex. Very good place for the bounties of killing 2x with fusion rifles. Constant spawns. Then after 4-5 cycles, the area shifts and suddenly waves of more powerful enemies appear. Then suddenly other people phase in as well. It is not a world event, but it is easy to see that the area opens up, for lack of a better term, to other people during that change of mob spawns. Suddenly there can be 4-5 people there. When the event ends, people phase back out and you are left alone.

Have grinded out that fusion rifle bounty there 3 times, so seen this happen 10 or so times now, the world is indeed instanced with triggers opening it up to people. Never seen more than 4-5 people there though.
Maybe they plan on opening up more public areas once they're convinced their technology works. It makes sense not to have large public areas on launch, as that would be a major point of potential failure.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
So I'm only level 12, but I'm enjoying it more than I thought i would after reading people's concerns. I agree with the general sentiment, but I still enjoy it. I look at the protect/wave moments in a similar light to cod zombie mode. I played the living heck out of that. I would like more diversity in quest styles or boss fights. In this day and age with how far we've come in games and implementation of creative boss fights there's really no excuse for a studio of this caliber to drop that ball.

Aside from that, I love the visuals, they are super clean and not as boring as I thought they'd be. I like the music, the character models are top notch. The armor sets look fantastic and I like that you can inspect them and get a zoomed in view and that everything has a bit of flavor text.

That's about it, haven't pvpd yet but will soon. I like the game so far and look forward to changes and additions.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I like the game a lot, so understand where I'm coming from... The devs stating that bad reviews aren't fair because they dont understand the real depth of the game and how there's nothing else like it... That's kind of a slap in the face to gamers. The core gameplay is great. Its the quality of life issues that are missing that are dropping the score. You can't tell someone that they just don't get it. It's your job to make sure they get it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I like the game a lot, so understand where I'm coming from... The devs stating that bad reviews aren't fair because they dont understand the real depth of the game and how there's nothing else like it... That's kind of a slap in the face to gamers. The core gameplay is great. Its the quality of life issues that are missing that are dropping the score. You can't tell someone that they just don't get it. It's your job to make sure they get it.
I agree with this and I believe I know what they are trying to say... You cannot judge this game like you would Batman: Arkham Asylum or other finite games that are shipped with an obvious beginning and an end but they are trying to sell us the fact they sold us a seed of a game. Now, regardless of the life span, the money invested, or their road map, I think you hit the nail on the head. It was up to them to cast their vision and cloak any holes out of the gate. I still feel a little misled from E3 2013 but honestly, i'm happy with the game but I will become very judgmental come Thanksgiving.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Fair Warning: Heroic Strikes don't count for your strike bounties. At least it didn't for me. Did the weekly heroic strike for Septik Prime / Devil Lair and my bounty didn't count.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
I hate the fact that i'm level 12 and the best gear i've found so far is still level 3 shit with more stats and 2-3 less defense.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Redo old missions on heroic. The items you get at the end are scaled to your level. I got a lvl 16 green chest from the first mission on heroic. Which only lvl 3 so you can breeze through it

spronk

FPS noob
if you are on the fence and you don't have friends to play with i'd say pass until they improve a lot of stuff in the game. Its like an MMO, except you can hit level cap in like 10 hours and then the only thing to do is PVP forever or run the same short 3-man 7 dungeons forever. Or run the single 6 man (3 man?) raid which doesn't open until next week. Maybe if you were one of those guys who spent all his time in EQ camps grinding the same mobs for months this game is perfect for you, but you are pretty weird.

and yeah the excuse "you just don't get it!" is stupid bullshit. The game is what it is, a simple diablo/borderlands campaign from 1-20 with some invisible co-op stuff that frankly makes no difference at all. Then a 20+ diku grind for +gooder that does the exact same thing as every other f2p MMO except there is no cash shop (yet). There is absolutely nothing revolutionary or innovative in this game, but it is polished EXTREMELY well - you can tell they have spent the last 9 months just polishing what they have, and not implementing a bunch of stuff other people would consider core, like social communications, grouping functions, etc.

I am also 100% sure in six months the game will be a lot better than it is now with better voice comms support, better dungeon/raid finding, more gear options, maybe fewer/faster loading screens on ps4/xbone, etc. The extremely short campaign time makes it hard to say its worth playing unless you love end game grinding. Also no excuses at all for a fairly terrible single player story.

I will say for those who have never played an MMO, which is probably gonna be a huge chunk of console users, this game is pretty damn awesome. Its all the good things of an MMO without the bad shit (repair bills, quest tedium, sub fee, etc). But for MMO vets its just a "eh... seen it"

edit: i should also say the PVP in this game is really good and fun - its got a good mix of maps, modes, team sizes, and gear progression. As a pure standalone PVP game, if you love PVP, I say its worth it. Downsides are that it doesn't really matter much if you win or lose, are good or bad, its all the same rewards wise. Thats great for lame players like me, probably not so good for competitive players. I enjoyed my PVP time in BF4 and Titanfall more than Destiny though, for gameplay mechanics (more variety and PC control).

Column_sl

shitlord
I have to admit you were right about the pvp , Zarcath.
The way the boards are designed it's insanely balanced. I know this doesn't make sense because we see a million Bladedancers, but it's because people aren't thinking outside of the box yet, and they haven't maxed there skill trees.

Sunsingers never need to be on the ground so all supers ,and shotguns don't even effect them. They can stay airborne on every board. When the better players realize this expect to see a surge of them. Improved flight, and being able to hang in the air is so fun.
Bladedancers, cover the ground quickly, but they have problems in other places.
Defenders who have to stay grounded, get huge help from their Bubble to overshied.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
They need to take out the larger maps from 3v3 and Rumble game modes, cant think of the name but spend more time wandering around at times than fighting due to ending up on some of the larger maps.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
As someone who planned to play release day then got sucked into real life for the past week plus today, I'm having fun just wish I was 20+ with the rest of ya.