Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I need to do the 22 weekly tomorrow I guess. Went ahead and bought the dead orbit gloves/boots today, holding out for the helmet/chest to see what the little fagbot exotic vendor has for titans this weekend (come oooooon helm!). Got my first purp from a purp engram (after genuinely 2 dozen or so) and it was a frackin warlock chest.

I've said it before, but it needs reiterating.... this game is damned lucky there is fuck all else to play on PS4 atm. For me, once Fifa drops next week (and Shadows of Mordor) I might be done playing this but once or twice a week.... the loot system is just too god damned frustrating.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like they patched the ability to get multiple rewards on the daily if you did it at different difficulties. I can only assume they patched it at the Weekly level as well so I'm going to hold out on doing my weekly until Friday when the coin vendor shows up and I know what I am going to buy. Then I can spend my crucible and VG marks to fill out the other slots.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Looks like they patched the ability to get multiple rewards on the daily if you did it at different difficulties. I can only assume they patched it at the Weekly level as well so I'm going to hold out on doing my weekly until Friday when the coin vendor shows up and I know what I am going to buy. Then I can spend my crucible and VG marks to fill out the other slots.
I have enough coins and motes to get the armor the weapon and 2 chest engrams! I am so excited for friday its not even funny.

spronk

FPS noob
so some of you may already know this, but you can max out your vanguard tokens every week just by doing public events. they are all on timers and spawn pretty much at exact times, in 4 hours you can get 100 vanguard tokens and totally skip all the strikes and shit. not sure what you'd do for rep though, i guess bounties? anyways here is the schedule for earth, it took me about 30 minutes to figure out the paths and stuff but it definitely works and i could solo em all at 23 titan. did it for about an hour and got ~30 tokens
How i maxed out my Vanguard Marks in under 4 hours (public events) : DestinyTheGame

Variise

N00b
This was one game I actually entertained getting a console for which is something I swore I would never do. Well this and the new MGS game but that's coming to PC so fuck it. However I waited until it was out and I don't know what to think. I'm hearing combat is fun but the story is utterly boring/non-existent but most of all that many are underwhelmed despite the massive budget this game has had. Engrossing game you can get lost in for days or an exceedingly polished turd?

I refuse to listen to the cock sucking magazines nobody trusts anymore so I'm interested to hear some no bullshit feedback. Awesome game / sucks / too early to tell? Lots of empty noise out there so it's hard to gauge player feedback. I just can't believe they would drop the ball on this game. I realize they had to make major sacrifices to put it on the 360 and PS3 let alone the new consoles but I'm still keeping an open mind. Hell maybe I'll wait for the PC release, if it ever comes, and see if that's better.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Some of these pvp bounties are killing me. Trying to time my grenade so I can maybe get a blast kill/aoe kill right after I die for post mortem kills! IDK if it's worth it, or if I should just say fuck it, and ignore bounties like this.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Its severely entertaining but as a game in the typical sense it needs time to grow. In a expansion or two this game will be a beast.

I honestly havent been this engrossed in a game like this since Everquest and see myself playing for a long long time.

You will gey most milage if you enjoy both pve and pvp and play with friends.

Everyone who doesnt getnon the bandwagon now will regret a year or two down the road when this game is flushed out and amazing.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
This was one game I actually entertained getting a console for which is something I swore I would never do. Well this and the new MGS game but that's coming to PC so fuck it. However I waited until it was out and I don't know what to think. I'm hearing combat is fun but the story is utterly boring/non-existent but most of all that many are underwhelmed despite the massive budget this game has had. Engrossing game you can get lost in for days or an exceedingly polished turd?

I refuse to listen to the cock sucking magazines nobody trusts anymore so I'm interested to hear some no bullshit feedback. Awesome game / sucks / too early to tell? Lots of empty noise out there so it's hard to gauge player feedback. I just can't believe they would drop the ball on this game. I realize they had to make major sacrifices to put it on the 360 and PS3 let alone the new consoles but I'm still keeping an open mind. Hell maybe I'll wait for the PC release, if it ever comes, and see if that's better.
I was one of those that bought a ps4 pretty much just for Destiny. If i had to do it all over agian in all honesty i probably wouldn't as it's really not worth it. The story as im sure you've heard is terrible. There are many little things that add to the whole of what makes it so bad. No chat, no grouping sytem beyond strikes, terrible loot system, boring generic quests that literally are all the same thing, NOT BEING ABLE TO TURN THE GODAMN ANNOYING MUSIC OFF...shit like that.

It really is a giant polished turd. I'd honestly say wait for the pc version as the only reason i'm kind of enjoying playing at all atm is because i got a xim which makes it infinately more enjoyable to play. Even with that I only find myself getting the urge to play every couple of days or so and only because i feel like i should at least try to get some of my monies worth out of it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
so some of you may already know this, but you can max out your vanguard tokens every week just by doing public events. they are all on timers and spawn pretty much at exact times, in 4 hours you can get 100 vanguard tokens and totally skip all the strikes and shit. not sure what you'd do for rep though, i guess bounties? anyways here is the schedule for earth, it took me about 30 minutes to figure out the paths and stuff but it definitely works and i could solo em all at 23 titan. did it for about an hour and got ~30 tokens
How i maxed out my Vanguard Marks in under 4 hours (public events) : DestinyTheGame
Be aware that after like 8 or so PEs you become ineligible for gold rewards. It's good for farming marks quickly, but best to not do it all in one day if don't want to get screwed out of the ascendant materials you earned.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If we're going to keep using metaphors to describe the game, I'd say it's more of a shit-covered diamond than a polished turd. There are a shit-ton of small complaints about the game, but the foundation is solid. I feel like most of the gripes we have are "easily" fixed. The game itself is great, but some of the execution is terrible/illogical.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My hunter has 3 exotics now, 2 weapons and a bp - The exotic machine gun is terrible and my legendary machine gun is like 1000x better. The Invective is pretty tits but now i need a good primary weapon to use, hopefully Xur will deliver this weekend,

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
shit-covered diamond
Well now I just feel guilty for saying that. I was disappointed after the first day because I had been looking forward to this game for a long time. While it's definitely not the massive MMOFPS I thought it was going to be, I am still having a ton of fun playing. All the complaints are still there, but I just figure that this is the first game I've ever played right from release, and the problems will be ironed out.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Tried the raid out tonight. Fun as hell. Ridiculous that I had to resort to destinylfg.com to find a group, but fun as hell.

I need to grind some Vanguard faction tomorrow so I can buy a purple helm. Any suggestions?

After buying the helm I'll have bought 3 of 4 legendary armor pieces. Screw you guys who are actually seeing purple armor drop.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I need to grind some Vanguard faction tomorrow so I can buy a purple helm. Any suggestions?

After buying the helm I'll have bought 3 of 4 legendary armor pieces. Screw you guys who are actually seeing purple armor drop.
Farm the patrol missions on mars. Farming patrols is by far the fastest way to rep. The best rep from a strike is from level 24 strikes which take about 30 mins. You can finish the same amount of rep from patrols in just under 10 minutes. I enjoy mars the most because it open and fun to scoot around on.

Also I bought my legs,arms,chest. I got have gotten Helm, and 2 weapon legendarys from actual drops. I have gotten a lot of stuff that wasnt for titans however and have broken it down to mats.

Picture of me farming Engrams.

rrr_img_76355.jpg

rrr_img_76356.jpg

Decided to go beast mode yesterday and did about 8 hours of mind numbing engram farming in the cosmodrome where the Fallen and the Hive fight each other just past skywatch. Basically infinite spawns at a leisurely pace. ~24 legendary engrams -- Every single one was a god damn blue. I now have a 24 Titan, 21 Warlock, 20 Hunter and I have yet to see a legendary or exotic on any of them.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Haven't played much, but unlocked pvp, seems pretty fun rspecially since I topped the leader board in 2 games of the domination type game at lvl6