Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Just did some of the raid. Got up until the gate boss inside. Easily the most impressive zone in the game, it really looks amazing. I'm kind of torn though. I want to see it all, but I don't really want to commit the time to it. And I mean, it is pretty difficult, at least at 27.

I understand we have a Bungie employee on these boards as well? I was wondering, are you guys planning on going a similar route than blizzard, in that you'll be making the content easier to manage the longer it has been out? Might be a futile question, but might as well ask it.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
Just did some of the raid. Got up until the gate boss inside. Easily the most impressive zone in the game, it really looks amazing. I'm kind of torn though. I want to see it all, but I don't really want to commit the time to it. And I mean, it is pretty difficult, at least at 27.

I understand we have a Bungie employee on these boards as well? I was wondering, are you guys planning on going a similar route than blizzard, in that you'll be making the content easier to manage the longer it has been out? Might be a futile question, but might as well ask it.
I don't know, Raids are outside of my area
smile.png

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I have some gelly things like that on my controller. My problem is with my knuckles when I pull the triggers. Especially my lefg hand. I have shatterd 2 knuckes on it and using hand canons and scout rifles kill my knuckles after an hr or two.

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
So for the past two days I haven't seen a single other player. Town is empty, missions empty, patrol levels on all worlds empty. When I queue for any strike, I get dumped into the level alone. With crucible I sit in the queue indefinitely. Anyone else had this problem or know a fix? I can connect to the game just fine, play and complete missions, but everywhere is a ghost town.

Zhavric

Molten Core Raider
It's just... a shitty game.

There's no fucking content. Each world is a single map and all the missions take place on that map. It feels small and pointless and silly. It looks nice and the gameplay is decent, but I was expecting big and impressive. And it just feels... It feels like Halo 2. Fun to play, but when you get to the end you have a resounding feeling of "Okay, where the fuck is the rest of it?" I bought it on the 9th. It's the evening of the 15th and I already feel like I'm DONE with the game. There's just a handful of things I haven't done yet.

I think Skyrim has ruined me, though. Every game I pick up that isn't Skyrim just feels short.

No Man's Sky, PLEASE come and save us.

spronk

FPS noob
vardisk - ps3 or ps4? For all the multiplayer stuff you need PS+ i think, don't you. dunno about xbox

this is a great farming spot its on earth in skyrim (past mothyards, go into the area where you fought the wizard from the moon) with 2-3 people mobs spawn instantly non stop and a public event spawns every 30 or 60 mins too right behind you

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finally got a purp helm from a purp engram. I about fell off the couch... Went from zero purple armor to 3 pieces in 24 hours. Now for a weapon....

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I tried pvp again, this time with a shotgun....holy crap, I actually killed people. A lot of people.

How is pvp loot awarded though? First time we won deathmatch and like 6 blue items were distributed among our team, second time we lost control and 2 or 3 things were awarded mostly greens, 3rd time we won control and ZERO loot was awarded to anyone. I don't get it.

spronk

FPS noob
completely random how you do solo or as a team has no effect on loot at the end. the only difference is winning team gets a bit more mark and rep than losers, and some of the grimoire unlocks require X number of wins

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pvp awards are dumb, i will carry my team in strike with like 3k points and the next highest is 900 and the dude who scored 600 and died 2:1 ratio gets a legendary emblem.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So the fact we got 6 blues one round, and 0 loot at all another round was completely RNG? You'd think they'd force at least ONE item to drop for your team, especially if you pull out a win...

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
spronk - I use xbone, and I have a xbox live gold membership so that's not the problem. Have played in plenty of crucibles and strikes prior to two days ago. And the game will tell you if you don't have the proper subscription, as it did last week when I got the game and a sub.

I've seen two other posts on the bungie forums with a similar problem, no official responses, just random suggestions that don't help. One guy said it was because fire teams were set to private, but gave no indicator of how to change that (it's not in the game options anywhere) and why would a fire team setting have anything to do with Patrol areas or town?

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
So the fact we got 6 blues one round, and 0 loot at all another round was completely RNG? You'd think they'd force at least ONE item to drop for your team, especially if you pull out a win...
Yeah i just finished a match and the only person to get an item was the guy who died 11 times and killed one person, Destiny.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So my controller has crapped out playing this game now. Trying to move forward is erratic as shit, sometimes it won't do anything, sometimes it stutters and sometimes it actually starts to go backwards before correcting.

Oh, and finally got my first legendary, can actually use it too, boots.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watch the coin vendor have 3 legendary speeders at 13c and 1 legendary ship at 23c this weekend. The forums would implode.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Grumpus you really ought to get an Xim. As much as you play it would return its value. I'm sitting on 200 GV marks, 124 Crucible Marks, 17 Strange Coin, 36 Motes of Light and a Black Coupon. Really fucking ready for Xur. I'm going to go from all blue gear to all purples and maybe 1 Exotic. I wonder if I will gain 2 light levels in the process.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Hit 27 tonight. Here's my advice:

(1) Don't set out to gear up off of item drops. This isn't Diablo; you'll only frustrate yourself.

(2) Focus on reputation and marks to gear up. It's true that the gear won't be perfect (i.e. have all the stats you want), but it's a reliable path. Think of the loot drops as icing on the cake.

(3) Don't make a final decision on how you feel about Destiny until you've tried the raid. I didn't really understand the potential of the game before that. I really wish they would have made all the strikes more like the raid instead of just "shoot shoot shoot" and bosses that are nothing more than ever-more-absorbent damage sponges.

I think the game is great fun. Yes, it has flaws. But I haven't been this engrossed in a game for a long time. They nailed the combat, and the loot system (while it needs changes) keeps things interesting. Most importantly, their system has great potential for really fun PvE encounters---as illustrated by the raid. I hope they tap into that a lot more in the near future.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I am so fucking ready for friday. I have 41 strange coins and 48 motes of light. I really really hope he has the chest engram again. Or a helm one would be sweet. As far as weapon I would be giddy if he has Last Word.