Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

I definitely want to try that. I bet they don't fix it until hard mode, if ever
Pretty sure it will take longer to cheese him than beat him normally. 2 of our last 4 attempts we killed him first try.

These kind of cheeses make this game seem worthless to me, the amount of time we all invested to beat this guy the first time then the casuals can now just solo the whole raid (pretty much)

Having a harder time logging in lately.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty sure it will take longer to cheese him than beat him normally. 2 of our last 4 attempts we killed him first try.

These kind of cheeses make this game seem worthless to me, the amount of time we all invested to beat this guy the first time then the casuals can now just solo the whole raid (pretty much)

We did it once, it's about the same time as doing him legit if you kill him on the first try. I'd still like to do him legit at least once a week, we are at the point where it takes 4ish attempts to get him down, with one of those being a bug of some sort every time.

I have done every part of the raid legit multiple times, but I do solo the first part by running to every lamp with my hunter. The bridge I cheese now but I fully expect them to fix that one soon. It's really not a hard encounter anyways

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
Well, first full run. I got the machine gun, chest and Helm. Best I have ever done! I saw you on last night Ritley, almost sent you an invite.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
In 4 full runs I have boots and chest on my warlock, and gloves on my hunter. I would say you did good

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>

Its pretty clear that Bungie isn't interested in rewarding the hardcore folks and instead wants to make sure the casuals keep pace. At this point in time beating the raid legit is just for your own personal sense of accomplishment. As for the gear, well considering you will be able to get similar gear off vendors in 2-3 months I am all for cheesing the encounters to get it now. Seems an appropriate investment in time for the eventual outcome.

I know what you are saying about it all feeling cheap. I see people with Crota loot that could NEVER get to him let alone beat him without all these cheese methods. At least in VoG you had to do some parts legit before you got to the cheese and that alone would weed out the undeserving.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Spent 38 fucking motes of light rerolling the sniper and only had it roll void twice, neither with field scout. That's all I fucking wanted, didn't give a shit about any other perks and couldn't get it

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I should really level at least one other character to 20 to double up on nightfall and raids, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got the new Peruns Fire to drop at the end of one of the IB matches. I rerolled it a few times and scored hipfire increase and advanced coils for a faster charge up time. Its still arc, but I figure arc is good since like every other nightfall is arc and there is plenty of arc shielded shit in this game. Now to just get that scout to drop would be sweet. Would love that scout at 331. I used the old one exclusively in PvE when I got it last go around.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got Dragon's Breath from doing the nightfall. Seems like a pretty fun bazooka once you get it leveled up
I just got it from an IB match, the first exotic I have had drop outside of nightfall and vex mythoclast.

$100 that it is what xur sells next friday

Its pretty clear that Bungie isn't interested in rewarding the hardcore folks and instead wants to make sure the casuals keep pace. At this point in time beating the raid legit is just for your own personal sense of accomplishment. As for the gear, well considering you will be able to get similar gear off vendors in 2-3 months I am all for cheesing the encounters to get it now. Seems an appropriate investment in time for the eventual outcome.

I know what you are saying about it all feeling cheap. I see people with Crota loot that could NEVER get to him let alone beat him without all these cheese methods. At least in VoG you had to do some parts legit before you got to the cheese and that alone would weed out the undeserving.
I'm all for doing things the most efficient way, its human nature to do things the easiest way possible otherwise we would all be walking to work or riding horses. I'm not upset at the people for taking advantage of bugs to make things easier. Just pissed at the fact I wasted hours of my life to achieve something someone can now do solo in 45 minutes. We all know it will take weeks for bungie to fix these bugs, if ever. To be honest, I'll probably cheese the bridge next week also just to save time. Crota is just so easy now that I feel it would take longer to cheese than do legit (I'm probably wrong though).

It's just a big turnoff investing any time into this game, the fact they plan to do a gear reset every 3 months and add new cockblock currency its almost better to put down the game for a year and come back to new and fixed old content. With the amount of money bungie made of this game you would think they could hire an all-star live team to update the current destiny or create new content. The way it feels now they moved the entire team to Destiny 2 and left a few guys to update the old one.

Hope they can fix all the cheese before they release the hard mode raid.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm all for doing things the most efficient way, its human nature to do things the easiest way possible otherwise we would all be walking to work or riding horses. I'm not upset at the people for taking advantage of bugs to make things easier. Just pissed at the fact I wasted hours of my life to achieve something someone can now do solo in 45 minutes. We all know it will take weeks for bungie to fix these bugs, if ever. To be honest, I'll probably cheese the bridge next week also just to save time. Crota is just so easy now that I feel it would take longer to cheese than do legit (I'm probably wrong though).

It's just a big turnoff investing any time into this game, the fact they plan to do a gear reset every 3 months and add new cockblock currency its almost better to put down the game for a year and come back to new and fixed old content. With the amount of money bungie made of this game you would think they could hire an all-star live team to update the current destiny or create new content. The way it feels now they moved the entire team to Destiny 2 and left a few guys to update the old one.

Hope they can fix all the cheese before they release the hard mode raid.
Ya, hopefully they will get most of these fixed, and fixed in a reasonable way. Crota surprisingly only had two real exploits, the one to remove the debuff (which really only slightly helps) and the kneeling one which require messing with your network.

The bridge one is really the only one that has me shaking my head wondering what the fuck they were thinking.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Probably a dumb question, but has been frustrating me since release, why is it that I can see other people shoot rockets mid-air and it doesn't let me?

spronk

FPS noob
i don't have a problem with them having exploits in the raid, that shit happens and real people are much better than QA testers are figuring out exploits. My problem is how fucking long they take to fix shit, its completely ridiculous. 30+ days for the atheon cheese, the templar HM cheese, and now probably the crota bugs. At least HM is locked away for now. It completely removes any sense of achievement from downing a boss or getting loot.

I'm guessing a lot of it is due to being on 4 different platforms, given the architectures are all different its probably a nightmare to QA every small change so it takes much longer. Still not really an excuse, its stuff they should have known was gonna happen and have planned for, like having a small 5 man team to make minor hotfix tweaks over the christmas break.

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
It does not bother me how other people play. And I don't care how Bungie manages the game. I will play until I find something I enjoy more. Right now, Destiny has my attention. Thinking like that keeps my stress Down and my enjoyment up.

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
If you really think you are elite, go play EvE. I dare you.

Edit. I do not mean for that statement to sound aggressive or that I don't think you guys are elite. You are! And a great bunch of people