Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did you guys get your husk relatively quickly? I've run through the first part of the Fist of Crota mission about 40x and killed the Crota Knights on earth patrol and moon patrol about 25x and have never seen the husk drop.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I've killed probably 50 or so blades without seeing one, but I don't really care right now tbh. The gun is garbage

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I got two, just doing the moon mission bounties and killing the knights when I saw them. And yeah its a bullet hose, low impact POS, like the new IB AR. Its what almost every AR is this time around with this DLC. Im betting they will add a nice one to the HM Crota raid that everyone will want.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I got two, just doing the moon mission bounties and killing the knights when I saw them. And yeah its a bullet hose, low impact POS, like the new IB AR. Its what almost every AR is this time around with this DLC. Im betting they will add a nice one to the HM Crota raid that everyone will want.
The HM auto rifle looks to be pretty good. It's somewhat of s bullet hose (not quite as bad as epilogue), but has the perk that slows fire and increases damage

Erie_sl

shitlord
Sweet, got my first clears this week, my first kill was clean and surprisingly easy. My 2 tonight were incredibly hard, could not do it regularly, and took us forever to figure out the cheese. Then we got it twice in 5 minutes.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I played the demo today, capped out at lvl 7, and am on the fence about buying the full game... it was fun, but i see myself not getting much out of it if i dont have a regular play squad. I just see myself burning out trying to plug through it solo... are pick up squads viable? I added everyone from the Destiny gamer ID list, but you guys all seem to be much higher level, and i'm not sure I'll find anyone new to the game such as myself on this board...

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played the demo today, capped out at lvl 7, and am on the fence about buying the full game... it was fun, but i see myself not getting much out of it if i dont have a regular play squad. I just see myself burning out trying to plug through it solo... are pick up squads viable? I added everyone from the Destiny gamer ID list, but you guys all seem to be much higher level, and i'm not sure I'll find anyone new to the game such as myself on this board...
Pick up squads (matchmaking) are fine, but they don't allow it on Weekly, Nightfall, or Raids. Really though, you can solo 95% of this game...basically everything but the raid once you level and gear up. I made it to 30 solo and am just now grouping with friends to make stuff easier/more enjoyable (and just got a PS4). Haven't done any raids yet.

If you are aware of the shortcomings of this game, and still enjoy it, I'd say go for it. Don't let the solo game deter you, it's very doable.

Erie_sl

shitlord
I've yet to have a regular squad since release, and have managed pretty well. Like I said, just cleared the new raid 3x this week after release with pugs. Sure, 2/3 of it was glitches, but bungie has shown that they don't know what they're doing to prevent it so all's good. And my first time probably was one of the best groups I've ever seen, 1 31 and we went through the entire raid in less than an hour without a wipe (0 glitches, 6 people crossing bridge which no one even attempts from what I've seen)

Xevy

Log Wizard
We 3-manned Croat tonight. Glass house + weapons of light + LVL 31sword = 1 sword phase with cheez kneel. Got the fusion rifle.

Got rank 5 IB in 3 days of playing it. Got the IB fusion rifle, rolled it decently. Seeing purple weapons dropping every 3-4 matches now.

We 3-manned Croat tonight. Glass house + weapons of light + LVL 31sword = 1 sword phase with cheez kneel. Got the fusion rifle.

Got rank 5 IB in 3 days of playing it. Got the IB fusion rifle, rolled it decently. Seeing purple weapons dropping every 3-4 matches now.
I was told weapons did not affect the sword damage, guess I should have tested myself.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So Pretty sure I am getting this for xmas, we are getting the boy a PS4 and the wife was encouraging me to keep walking when I was looking at this for the ps3 the other month.

So are they are tips for a new player you guys can share? i.e fastest way to level up and best way to gear up etc. I don't have much gaming time anymore so what I do have, I try to make it as efficient as possible

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Play the story mode until you can unlock the patrol on earth. From there you can simply solo grind in the open world to 20 or continue to run instanced story missions. I'd recommend a bit of both to stave off boredom. Add a few of us to your friends list and I'm sure you could get us to run you through a few hard mode story missions to open up the other open world options on the moon, venus and mars. The biggest problem you'll have is the 19-24 game and having to grind out 100 vanguard marks a week to be eligible for level 31 from vender gear. (The DLC ) There is a huge difference in the damage taken and dealt between level 24 to 31.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its all about leveling up the vanguard rep to 2 as soon as possible. Do the bounties, even as a low level, find the bounty guy and do as many of them as you can. Hes got 5 each day and you can probably do 2-3 of them as a low level. Because as soon as you are R2, you can buy all the starting purp gear. R3 for the weapons, but I find that those just come through playing. But its all about them bounties, IMO.

I would suggest strike playlists as well. You will get blues up the ass that will get you to lv24+ Plus they give you the vanguard marks to spend on that gear from the vanguard vendor. And if you get into the 26 strike playlist, they drop some good 294dmg blue weapons that are pretty good until you get some purps.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Having just leveled a second warlock this weekend:

1) do all the story missions so they are unlocked for dailies/bounties
A) if you are feeling frisky, do them on the hard level for more exp
2) At 4 or 6 whenever, start doing all the bounties you get (including strikes)

I did both of those (but didn't do the harder modes) and I was 19.25 when I finished the last story mission. Then I just ran 2 strikes and did some patrols to finish out to 20.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So, I have a warlock and a hunter right now. The original thought was to have one of each class, but fuck that. Before CE I would have definitely went with another warlock, but they actually made hunters useful in the expansion. What do you think, 2nd warlock or 2nd hunter?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Running weekly lockouts multiple times for more loot chances. You can just swap gear so around so no need to regear a second character.

Finally stopped being lazy and got a second titan to 20. Ran VoG HM. No fatebringer but finally got a VoC.