Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got into a Crota raid for the first time. Here's how it went:

Looted a chest at entrance and got told to go die. Everyone is dead except 1 guy who glitches to get to the next check point. Everyone gets loot (all still dead)

Next area every jumps off and dies and I get told to use my warlock revive with 1 second left on the screen. All mobs disappear and I revive everyone. We snipe safely from across a chasm and then everyone gets loot.

Next room we run past everything to another chest (using rocket launchers on the screamer things overhead). Everyone gets loot from the chest.

Now we're at final boss. The guy with the relic purposely DC's and Crota bugs out and just stands there. 2 guys get swords and kill him.

Everyone gets loot.

This was my first time here lol. I got 3 pieces of raid gear (chest gloves boots) a machine gun off crota, bunch of shards, and an armor dye. The fuck is wrong with this game?

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Yepp, do 3 of those runs every reset, the game has turned into a 4 hours a week affair at the moment (including nightfall and heroic). If the next content patch... sorry I mean DLC... is not better then this one, rumor is that its even lighter on conten, I think this game is dead until the next real expansion. Pitty considering the gameplay is awesome but you can only do the current strike so many times before getting bored out of your skull. A random dungeon element would help a lot and it should be a priority for Bungie to implement.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Are the crotas end raid armor pieces specific to each stage? I got gloves twice from the initial lamp stage and the robe the first time I did the bridge. is it always gloves for stage one, etc?

spronk

FPS noob
the gloves/chest/boots can drop from either part 1 or part 2 (lamp/swordbearer-bridge) but someone did some data analysis and its basically 33% chance of gloves in p1, 8% chance boots, 1% chest. For p2 its 29% boots, 29% chest, 8% gloves. Helm only drops from crota and is much more rare, in like 20 (?) crota kills i have gotten one.

and yeah the retarded ways you can cheese the whole raid is why no one really takes this game seriously, its basically just a dumb lottery. also why we tell everyone to get to 30 asap, since its so easy to score tons of free loot right now and that will drop off dramatically once they fix all the cheeses and release hard mode.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I got email saying Bungie has left me something in the mail, any idea what this legendary thing is?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Sooo, Battlefield 4 Thursdays, right? That should give everyone enough time to finish the weeklies.
wink.png

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Man. I think the reason people cheese Crota so much is because of how glitched he is. The script, constantly, breaks and things go wrong. Like killing a swordbearer but having no sword drop. Or clearing the ogres just to, immediately, get caught in the ogre phase again.

We killed him legit this week. My second legit kill. My reward? 3, fucking, energy.

Erie_sl

shitlord
A lot of people just cheese him because they're new to the game now as well. Got a group last night that managed to get all the way to crota, and couldn't even manage a single hit on crota because we couldn't kill the swordbearer fast enough. Literally ogres were spawning before we could get the 2nd swordbearer down. Inspected everyone in the group, and no doubt all of them had sub 280 attack primaries and some blue weapons. Normally I would've been fine offering to cheese it for them, but that was the first group I literally just gave up on and left... they didn't deserve it. (2 people left the group before me and the replacements had worse gear)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got a devil you don't with field scout, gonna level it up and see how it is. Has crowd control and spray and play, not too bad of perks

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Devil You Don't is TERRIBLE. Don't waste your materials on it. Absolute garbage. It literally does add 1 bullet, bringing the max rounds to 6.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I got some arc sniper. Did the weekly and snagged a legendary primary engram, got TFWPKY 1969 (perks are mediocre though) upgrades my mediocre DYK. Saves me from having to slog through pvp for 150 crucible marks though.