Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Another 6.2GB patch up for PS4 that has barely anything in the changelog.

The more I play this game the less I like it, and I'm nowhere near the ending that everyone says sucks yet.

spronk

FPS noob
the patch changed it so you can have 40 saves now instead of 11, and it added something new to jensen's story which is part of the season pass I guess, but it looks like its just a shitty breach mode thing

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Loved the game but felt it ended abruptly. It should have concluded with the settlement of Rab'iah or something. Also, I just heard that the series is on hiatus. Sucks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Postmortem of entire Deus Ex series starting with dudes playing Dungeons and Dragons and Ion Storm / Daikatana drama in the 90's. Good stuff in here:

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Shmoopy

Finally got this on Xmas sale. Really good. Possibly the best Deus Ex? :emoji_thumbsup:

Allegedly Edios Montreal working on a new Deus Ex game:

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I started playing this, since it's on my backlog.

Basically drawer searching simulator.

This series is great when you decide to play it totally against the developer intent and murder everything in the loudest and most conspicuous manner possible.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

This series is great when you decide to play it totally against the developer intent and murder everything in the loudest and most conspicuous manner possible.
763lhs.jpg

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Shmoopy

I played every Deus Ex with as little stealth as possible and just murdering dudes. Works fine for all of them. You get a stern lecture from superiors after missions, that's about it.

• 1Solidarity

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I think he’s serious. And doesn’t like being called Shirley.
He did say "possibly" which renders the statement unfalsifiable. It's wrong though. Let's go to the judges. Judges say:
763xmg.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>

I think the only two achievements I didn't get for DX: HR was the Pacifist and Don't Trigger Any Alarms. I stealthed some stuff but after a while it was "Huey Lewis and the News has a Certain Hypnotic Effect" time.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mankind Divided starts with one of the worst "tutorial" missions of all time, then turns into a pretty good game for act 1 and 2, then abruptly ends with one main plot thread sort of resolved and everything else is a massive cliffhanger. Might've been ok if a sequel followed within, say, a year or so, but there's probably never going to be one. Even if Eidos is working on another Deus Ex game now it's far more likely to be a reboot of the series than any sort of follow-up to a 6.5 year old game (and probably closing in on a full decade by the time it actually is finished).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game has to have the most vents of all time.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users