Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I hope they won't stray from the basic stealth/shoot/hack model, it was really solid. The only nitpick is that non-lethal takedowns gave the most xp, which made it the most optimal approach during the whole game, but I have no idea how to fix that, since shooting needs to be solid to give you choice and solid shooting is usually simpler than skulking in the shadows.

They say Jensen is working for some international police force ? Odds of the organization not being "evil" ?
biggrin.png
0% since it's almost certainly a lead up to plot background for the original DX.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope they get rid of the battery requirement for taking down enemies. That shit was obnoxious. It's very telling how enjoyable this game was that, despite the flaws, people just kept playing it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They tried at least to fix the boss fights.

Ypu should def replay it, but replay the revised version they released, it helps fix some of those flaws.
Except the revised version was inexplicably based on an old build of DXHR which reintroduced a bunch of previously fixed bugs that they never bothered fixing the second time around.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Can we also talk about how awesome Missing Link was ? Easily up there with Fallout NV DLCs

Raign

Golden Squire
One of the best video game trailers I have ever seen. Means nothing about the game obviously, but given how great HR was I am stoked just the same!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Except the revised version was inexplicably based on an old build of DXHR which reintroduced a bunch of previously fixed bugs that they never bothered fixing the second time around.
Did it?

I wasn't aware of that.

Bummer deal.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Go play it, it fixes every issue people had with HR boss fights and thanks to starting from zero, you get to really good sense of progress.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Go play it, it fixes every issue people had with HR boss fights and thanks to starting from zero, you get to really good sense of progress.
Started playing the directors cut on steam again now. Finished the game a long time ago (regular version), but never played the DLC or directors cut.

Kind of crazy that just a few hours in, I think I have heard the developers in the directors commentary, mention money and time constraints a dozen times.

Notice the background the cars go by? in order to make the game seem more alive at certain "invisible walls", w e made a car pass by, just one car as we didn't have time or money to model another.

Or the story of the developer stealing sample posters that his ex girlfriend and her classmates had worked on in her industrial design program.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This isn't like the pinnacle of marketing or anything, but I found it modestly entertaining.

Argarth

On the verandah
Also just watched the full trailer, and wow that was epic. Same studio and new engine. Can't wait!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not sure whether I'm more excited for this or XCOM, but probably XCOM.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I beat XCOM and the xpac (never touched LW mod), but I definitely am more excited for this. If they flesh out the narrative and overall user experience in XCOM2, it would be a strong contender for Mankind Divided, for me.