Dexter: New Blood

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually liked the Lumen season. Seasons 6, 7, and 8 though, were pure garbage.
Yeah, the fifth season wasn't bad. They still should have ended it after Trinity though. That would have left the show in such high regard. But in classic Showtime form, the show lasted four seasons too long. Fuck Showtime. I don't even bother watching any Showtime shows anymore because there's a 100% chance it will last a few seasons too long and sour the whole thing.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is Dexter a lumberjack when he died in that shipping crate when Deb shot him instead of Laquerta? That's how I remember it.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Weird. I remember him running away after he killed Doakes.

Seriously though, we were spoiled. Rome, Deadwood, BSG, Dexter, and many others. Dexter season 1-2 were pure genius.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So long as they don't decide to be more faithful to the books... Those go downhillmuchfaster than the show. Jeff Lindsay really lucked out on having Showtime get interested in making a show after his first book, because no sane executive would've after the third. Shit gets crazy stupid (eg Dexter's "dark passenger" turns out to be the offspring of an elder god).

Sulrn

Deuces
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually liked the Lumen season. Seasons 6, 7, and 8 though, were pure garbage.
I liked Lumen as well until they returned to the reoccurring shitty season closer writing of "I'm fail and can't have nice things even though I've had nice things the entire season until just now because I had someone blind side me because I was too busy being happy and this momentary set back is why I cant have nice things with my soul mate (who overcame rape ptsd to be with me)."

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah the Lumen season was good and possibly could have changed up the dynamics of the show, which it needed. But that ending, NOPE PSYCH BACK TO SQUARE ONE AGAIN, shit is annoying.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Weird. I remember him running away after he killed Doakes.

Seriously though, we were spoiled. Rome, Deadwood, BSG, Dexter, and many others. Dexter season 1-2 were pure genius.
You forgot Spahtukis in your list, brah.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The only place left to go is Dexter as a full on sociopath murderer that doesn't give a fuck about pretending to be normal any more until one day he remembers that he could be BONING YVONNE STRAVOSKSISDKY FIVE TIMES A DAY INSTEAD OF BEING A GODDAMN DUMBASS.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Lol besides Dexter being a lumberjack, I cannot even remember how it ended. . It must have been so bad my memory blocked it out just like the time Bisi touched me in the bad place.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
He first stole Terry Schiavo from the hospital and dumped her in the ocean during a hurricane.

Or you can pretend he left Miami with a hot and crazy blonde that will ride his cock dry every day while his son plays in traffic.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jennifer Carpenter was a weak point in the show and not required at all to continue.

iannis

Musty Nester
I thought Lumen was ok too. The seasons after that were complete crap, but the lumen season was only like 45% crap.

It was the turning point for sure, though.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I found the Lumen season incredibly boring. I haven't even watched any of the seasons after that and can't imagine how it supposedly gets a whole lot worse

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the show fell irreparably apart as soon as deb discovered dexter killing that guy in the church, oh and having her get all horndogs for dexter.

iannis

Musty Nester
I found the Lumen season incredibly boring. I haven't even watched any of the seasons after that and can't imagine how it supposedly gets a whole lot worse
The most interesting thing about it is what didn't happen. Like Chaos said, that they could have used that Season to redefine the show. And I kept thinking up until about the last 2 episodes of that season that they were trying to head that direction.

But they just hit the reset button instead. And then decided that since their audience was cheering for a psychotic serial killer, they'd probably be fine with some nonsensical incest tossed in as well.