Dexter

Cybsled

Doakes saying “Surprise morherfucker” is one of the few moments of that show that has survived via memes, so not surprised they used that

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Would be excited if the show didn't turn to shit after season 4.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
they should have a season where dexter doesn't have a job no more cuz ppl are disputing that blood splatter is junk science

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Wonder how they're gonna explain the last episode. I didn't really mind the show, even after season five. *shrug*

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i skipped the final season, it was soooo bad, cant imagine this is going to be any good, especially since all the good characters are dead.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Pretty sure this is only happening because everyone involved in the show couldn't get work after the ended. Which is probably due to the show being complete garbage after season 4.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Showtimes ratings must be really down right now thats for sure. They left it so open ended you knew they were gonna bring it back one day.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Hey, at least we don't have to deal with fucking Deb. That alone means it is probably worth giving a shot.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I would watch this if they come up with some insane, idiotic backstory as to why doakes actually survived and he's back.

Otherwise... nah.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty sure this is only happening because everyone involved in the show couldn't get work after the ended. Which is probably due to the show being complete garbage after season 4.

Partly Incorrect

C. Hall has traditionally been against reprising the role for moral reasons among other reasons.

He was shaken up by copycat killers and felt it was best to leave Dexter retired. There have been other attempts to revive this show but none recently.

Showtime has been thirsty to cash in for years and years now, Hall was the one saying no all this time.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Also Michael C. Hall was the holdup on doing more Dexter all these years. If he signed on then it's legit. He was serious about only coming back for something that made sense.

Or maybe he just needs some money. He hasn't exactly torn it up since Dexter ended. I defended season 5, probably mostly because I want to make sweet love to Julia Stiles, but seasons 6, 7, and 8 were pure preposterous garbage. I don't know why they would think it's a good idea to bring back a series that already went 3 seasons longer than it should have 8 years after it was cancelled.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Or maybe he just needs some money.

I agree its definitely a factor. He had a handful of film roles that tapered sharply off.

He claims he'd only do something that made sense-- so I guess we'll see what that looks like.