DFO: Dungeon Fighter Online coming back. Global this time.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
http://dnf.neople.com/

https://www.facebook.com/dfoglobal?hc_location=timeline

Site is currently down from traffic, but open Alpha test starts on May 15th run by NEOPLE who actually made the orignal. They have an official post on their Facebook with it confirmed, and the best news is it looks like Nexon NA has literally nothing to do with it anymore so the abomination that is their NA branch won't be able to tank it like they did the last time. Appears to be a global release to so EU will actually be able to play it this time.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So I only vaguely recall that this game existed. Read a little bit of the premise on wiki, but is it any fun?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
So I only vaguely recall that this game existed. Read a little bit of the premise on wiki, but is it any fun?
It's pretty fun; it's like Street Fighter but online. I have a few friends who are interested in its return.

It's not exactly a AAA title - it's more of a niche for that kind of market. Which is an MMO fighting game.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The PvP in the game is very Street Fighterish but the overall game is a beat'em up ala Double Dragon/Streets of Rage with a diablo like loot system and a ridiculous amount of classes. The game has a low skill floor but a very high skill ceiling depending on what class you are and what you are doing especially if you are soloing the "raid" dungeons, though the biggest thing is the content gap between Korean DnF/Chinese DnF and the american version was like a year or 2 and wonder how far this version will be behind.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Weird the game went down? It's on steam played it at steam release. Really really fun. Will old characters/gear still be around?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Weird the game went down? It's on steam played it at steam release. Really really fun. Will old characters/gear still be around?
As far as I know it's a fresh start - and it uses your Facebook account as a login method, which I know a lot of people are not okay with.

Maybe somewhere down the road Nexon's data will be imported, but for now they have a disclaimer that says they do not have any affiliation with Nexon at the bottom of their page.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Alpha is up and running, it starts off where the NA version of the game shut down in terms of content, have to play on the other channels just to play due to the first one being completely packed right now but they have xp event and item event running so quick lvling to try things out.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Massive thread necro now that the Open Beta Test, with no wipe happening on release, is going up in less then 24hrs after a year of waiting. Game is updated to the Metastatis patch which completely changed the early game and added lvl cap of 85, but hasn't included Female Slayer yet.

Open Beta Test Registration

They are also running a 24hr stream on twitch for the release.

DFO Twitch

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I had fun with the last DFO few a few weeks at least. The gameplay was fun, the interaction with others was lacking.
Yeah it's not a very good multiplayer game, other than the pvp. It's pretty fun to play on your own though, me and a buddy are looking forward to the beta coming back especially the newer improved version. There's just no game in this genre anymore almost, even though it's really fun. Sadly terrible timing for this week, but I'll try to get a bit of time in to see what new stuff they did. One of the bigger most interesting change compared to last version is now you can spec/respec at will, no more limited respecs and buying skills and shit, you level up, it unlocks skills, you open skill window, remove whatever you don't want, add points in whatever you want and you're done. Should make my Grappler leveling a lot more enjoyable.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Is there any character customization? Looking at videos, it seems that classes are tied to specific genders and appearences.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Visual customization wise comes the in form of "avatar" pieces which are essential costume pieces you get that have stats and change looks, good deal of avatar sets as well especially the rare sets. Some of the classes have a male / female variation such as the slayer / mage / gunner / fighter. Each variation has the same core idea behind them but their moves are variants, for instance Female Spitfire's (gunner) are more grenade based and spend most of their time in the air, meanwhile Male Spitfire's grendae tosses are ground based. Pvp wise the game is basically a mix between Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Streets of Rage.

Some of the 2nd awakenings are already in the game files, hopefully the rest will be in before end of the year.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Gonna play this game casually. Shadow Dancer and Vagabond seem cool but apparently they won't be in the game? Guess I'll go with Ranger or Rogue.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shadow Dancer just came out in Korea I think so it will be a while for that, Vagabond is part of the Female Slayer class set and will be out before the years end. Needless to say theirs like 30 classes in this game none of which suffer from being terrible.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I played whichever class had Beam Sabers. Game was not very friendly to free players though.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some of the things that Nexon NA implemented were the downfall the first time, mainly having to pay something like $10 to respec. This version coming out has skill respecing for free as many times as you want just like the Korean/Chinese/Japanese version along with the grind smoothed out with less material farming quests, honestly anyone who played the previous version or alpha should give the beta a shot as the dungeons themselves are completely different as is the leveling experience.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the asian release was extremely free-friendly, and the US version failed specifically because of what Nexon did to the f2p system (adding massive stats to cosmetic items, etc).

The game was a fucking blast and the combat never got old for me. Runs on a potato too so it's great for having in the background while at work/watching tv/whatever. I'm actually super excited for the re-release. Can't wait to bust out my Witch again and troll people with swatters and magic missiles.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Never played, going to try a battle crusader to cap and then support if i find people to play with or if the grouping tool is good.