DFO: Dungeon Fighter Online coming back. Global this time.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I awakened on my Rogue today, and the Silver Moon awakening ability is garbage. Complete and utter trash. It does about 16k damage per-target on a three minute cooldown. Conversely, my Hurricane attack on an 8 second cooldown does 37k damage per-target.

The stacking buffs don't even work properly. They're supposed to stack any time I get a contact point, but they just don't. I really don't want to play this game right now lol.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thought it was pretty well known that Rogue is the worst class in the game next to necro in terms of damage output. They are good for pvp but not much else, if you don't have at least an Asura / Avenger / Launcher for one of your first classes it does make the game a bit harder in terms of gearing up. All of those classes can do insanely good dmg with low gear and are used to fund Rangers / Weaponmaster / Strikers or the other mid to upper teir classes. Just awakened my Avenger and demonform is faceroll to victory.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Thought it was pretty well known that Rogue is the worst class in the game next to necro in terms of damage output. They are good for pvp but not much else, if you don't have at least an Asura / Avenger / Launcher for one of your first classes it does make the game a bit harder in terms of gearing up. All of those classes can do insanely good dmg with low gear and are used to fund Rangers / Weaponmaster / Strikers or the other mid to upper teir classes. Just awakened my Avenger and demonform is faceroll to victory.
I didn't know jack about this game going into it, I just wanted a cool beat-um-up MMO, but I've had to solo most of the way so far because you get half as many drops in a party, and I needed the awakening materials.

Rogue's damage isn't terrible (I still have yet to see any class that can out AoE DPS me because Death Spin is so good), but the awakening is extremely underwhelming.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The thief first 2 classes are kinda old and forgotten so yeah they're not particularily good atm. Necro is alright so far for leveling and I feel I clear decently fast and I'm rarely at a risk of taking damage, let alone dying. Awakening was pretty underwhelming though, the awakening skill is a really long skill that does mediocre damage for the time it takes and doesn't make you invincible(you just stand there for like 15seconds channeling some shit), it's mostly good at clearing a full screen of trash quickly, and the passive is way weaker than I expected, it reduces armor/magic resist by a flat amount but the amount is pretty small, so that it amounts to like a 10% buff maybe, and that's only a % based proc that's not up all the time(though most of the time on bosses and shit since it lasts 10secs).

It sucks too cause they added 2 new thief sub classes at some point and those are really good, Shadow Dancer is like a lot better Rogue and Kunoichi has damage nukes.

I also awakened my F Grappler and it's kinda better, it's a large aoe that grabs every mob, you can even move during it and you're invincible for the duration, and damage is about the same as necro, so yeah not quite equal. The passive is meh, though I guess it's free hit% to grab so that's something. But not impressive either, some awakening just aren't as good as others.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Ugh, I really wanted to play Shadow Dancer, too, but apparently we won't be getting that for a really long time. And no F. Slayer means my motivation to play this game is pretty low for 2nd beta... but I'll probably do it just so I can farm Nihilistic Demon Stones and try to be ready for the endgame PvE (which I hope will save this game for me otherwise I'm done, I hate soloing so much).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How the fuck are you affording to awaken, let alone multiple characters? My witch needs 120 emperor helm seals and they are still like 25k a pop, which is more money than I've accumulated in my lifetime I think. I'm gonna be 60 today and it's nowhere in sight yet?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Assuming you've been soloing 90% of the dungeons up to this point, you should have close to 120 seals and should be able to buy the small remaining difference. (At level 57, I had 101 Helm Seals.)

If you've been partying most of the way, then you've only been getting 50% drops so you dug your own grave there.

So I'm completely out of FP and only hit level 59, with 30% into 60. RIP 50 free Nihilistic Demon Stones. =(

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How the fuck are you affording to awaken, let alone multiple characters? My witch needs 120 emperor helm seals and they are still like 25k a pop, which is more money than I've accumulated in my lifetime I think. I'm gonna be 60 today and it's nowhere in sight yet?
Hmm first Helms were like 12k when I bought some 3-4days ago. The prices fluctuate pretty hard though, the double FP and double XP weekend probably made the prices go up since a lot of people reached awakening level with those or something.

That said, I find hard to see how you can be almost 60 and not have most of the helms needed. I had a friend lend me some to awaken my 2nd char, but I had enough to awaken the first char from the mats of my 2 chars combined, minus some shit like red cubes for whatever reason. Since I awakened at 50, I've gotten like 100helms again(I'm 59 with both my chars). So I'll be able to pay him back like after one or two more days, or now if I buy them off.

Like from 1 to 50 I got around 50-60helm per char, and from 50 to 60 I'll be getting another 50-60. So by 60 you should have enough, not buying any. Although you could definitely afford to buy a bunch, even at 25k. I have like 10millions combined and I haven't been selling anything big and upgraded my disassembler to 8 and bought 2 oxidized substance for 750k each(apparently they're 500k now) and bought like 400k worth of crap to awaken my 2nd char like hardeners and iron and skardi and shit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I dunno, I'm 61 and have only the one character, currently sitting at 81/120 helm seals and like 60something of the other one needed. Cubes and stuff coming out of my eyeballs, but the seals have been a bitch.

I've got like 1.5m gold now though so once the prices stop being so retarded I guess I can just buy the rest.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yea I dunno, I'm 61 and have only the one character, currently sitting at 81/120 helm seals and like 60something of the other one needed. Cubes and stuff coming out of my eyeballs, but the seals have been a bitch.

I've got like 1.5m gold now though so once the prices stop being so retarded I guess I can just buy the rest.
1.5million at 61 sounds extremely low, have you been spending a lot? Are you not vendoring your white items? General rule is vendor whites, grind blues, convert purples(to like alchemy mats seems to be the better priced ones, but APC mats work ok too) or grind them for gold cubes and grind uniques and higher for gold cubes.

And yeah I don't know how you have 81 only, I guess you've been grouping a lot? Drops are split between people so grouping is actually pretty shitty for droprates. I think I hit 140 before server went down and I'm 59+58, minus the 120 I owe my friend, that's 20, plus 240 for both my chars who did the awakening quest. Also once you're in ghent, you're never seeing a sardi anymore, so you might as well start buying those(unless you plan on lvling another char).

Anyway seems OBT2 starts tomorrow, it has a bunch of events for leveling and what not, so Kriptini I'd look for a class that you might like and play that in the meantime before they add F Slayers. I think F strikers or M Slayers look kinda fun, though I'm definitely going Elven Knight next patch. Need to unicorn monsters right in their stupid face.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
OBT2 is finally up with the growth weapon and the introduction of the Knight and avatar sets. The mileage currency, as one of the leveling challenge rewards, is essentially their form of allowing you to "purchse" avatars with stats and make them permanent, believe its 30 mileage per day per character and it takes 100 mileage to purchase on permanent avatar with stats though that is not yet implemented. You gain mileage at 1 mileage per 1 dungeon cleared of appropriate level.

*As a warning, if you aren't going Elven Knight and not Chaos you have to choose Zanbato for your growth weapon, its the only weapon Elven Knight can use.*

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
chaos knight can only use short sword as well if you're going that route

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Like a masochist, I set my leveling goal to 70. Started the challenge on a Weapon Master and it's not so bad. (Not nearly as fun as Rogue, though.)

I also had the opportunity to get smacked at the Altar of Ascension. It's very challenging.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Like a masochist, I set my leveling goal to 70. Started the challenge on a Weapon Master and it's not so bad. (Not nearly as fun as Rogue, though.)

I also had the opportunity to get smacked at the Altar of Ascension. It's very challenging.
Well 70 should be relatively easy to get in a month if you play everyday or close to and/or do the weekend events. Weapon Master is a pretty good class to make use of the dragon weapon too, assuming you put it on that. Main issue is making sure you get the right one, iirc it's like Katana and Lightsabers for Weapon Master, though I could be wrong, shit's too complicated for me.

Leveling Elven Knight, pretty fun so far, almost got Chain Rush, I'll get it tomorrow after I pop my FP potion.

I read about a cool way to get additional FP too, though it's like quite boring to do. Basically, I made another account, need a 2nd PC(virtual machines tend to be detected by their shitty anti hack thing, but depends), then you mentor a new char to your main and leave the 2 chars online for a bit(or well, you level the new char for a bit while you're at it). Once you're 4+ in affinity, which takes like a couple of hours of being online together, every 21FP you use on the newb, you gain 1FP on the mentor. Now 1 isn't much, but it's enough for a full dungeon run when you're already at 0. The more time you spend online together, the higher your affinity, the less FP you need to spend to transfer one. I think after like 5hours I'm at affinity 6, which is 16FP. I'll probably leave it overnight, get 8 or so, which is 12FP for 1, which gets really good. Minimum is 10 at 10, but I assume it's slow as shit after some point.

As for clearing that FP, I'm using a Chaos with the event weapon. Chaos is nice cause you don't really need to pay attention, you just mash your summon keys at the start of the dungeon, then you kinda just run from room to room, looting stuff as it explodes until you clear it. That's about all you have to do, at least until higher levels. It's still annoying to constantly have to run dungeons to do 1 run on the main, but I'll use it a bit every now and then to get some free runs.

Other trick is using your mileage. Every dungeon run over lvl 20 you do, you get 1mileage point. You can spend those mileage point in the cash shop(it has a special section). Each of your char is capped at 30mileage points a day, though it's very unlikely you hit the daily cap on a single char since it takes like 6 or more FP per dungeon, I guess using the mentor thing you could. Anyway point is, you get some points. You can buy FP potions with those points. There's 2 types of potions, a 15points one that restores 20FP and a 30points one that restores 50FP. The interesting part is they both have individual cooldowns(at least based on the tooltip, I haven't bought both yesterday as I didn't have enough points), so that's 70FP more everyday, as long as you get 45mileage points. If you play 2 chars, it's pretty easy to do, you get about 20 a char, then you drink the big one and get 5more points from it to buy the 2nd and get some left over points for the day after if you don't want to play your 2nd char as much. Can also buy alchemy crafted FP pots, but they're fairly expensive so meh.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Well 70 should be relatively easy to get in a month if you play everyday or close to and/or do the weekend events. Weapon Master is a pretty good class to make use of the dragon weapon too, assuming you put it on that. Main issue is making sure you get the right one, iirc it's like Katana and Lightsabers for Weapon Master, though I could be wrong, shit's too complicated for me.
I did get the dragon weapon on the Weapon Master, but I got the wrong one. I took the Lightsabre but apparently I was supposed to go with the Short Sword. Oh well.

I read about a cool way to get additional FP too, though it's like quite boring to do. Basically, I made another account, need a 2nd PC(virtual machines tend to be detected by their shitty anti hack thing, but depends), then you mentor a new char to your main and leave the 2 chars online for a bit(or well, you level the new char for a bit while you're at it). Once you're 4+ in affinity, which takes like a couple of hours of being online together, every 21FP you use on the newb, you gain 1FP on the mentor. Now 1 isn't much, but it's enough for a full dungeon run when you're already at 0. The more time you spend online together, the higher your affinity, the less FP you need to spend to transfer one. I think after like 5hours I'm at affinity 6, which is 16FP. I'll probably leave it overnight, get 8 or so, which is 12FP for 1, which gets really good. Minimum is 10 at 10, but I assume it's slow as shit after some point.
Yeah, if you're looking to squeeze every little bit of FP you can out of the mentor system, that's a good way to do it. For me, I just mentor some of the lowbies in guild on my main (FlyingLolis on West if anyone wants to join, it's a great social guild and the members know a lot about the game) and then idle in town, so that they get the EXP boost no matter what time they play and I get a little bit of FP when I'm ready to start playing. Not as efficient as Pyros's strategy, but the important thing is that I'm giving an EXP bonus (iirc it's 10% at max affection) to my apprentices just by idling in town.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is it short sword for weapon master? I thought it was a caster weapon, then again weapon master does weird stuff so maybe they change their dmg to magical or whatever. Not that it probably matters too much for leveling though.

I haven't picked mine yet, waiting to see if it changes to excelent or superior or until I have 100 tears, no point right now, superior rares with +5 or more are better than the shitty weak/ordinary I'm getting. Don't feel it's going to be particularily useful either, leveling weapons isn't a huge issue especially once you get to 50+ and it's slow as shit so you can dump like 500k on a weapon and make the money back easily by the next tier.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
From what my guildmates have been telling me, endgame Weaponmasters use 3-4 weapons. Of those, the Short Sword is the most important one, then comes Lightsabre/Katana, then Zanbato. All of a Weaponmaster's skills scale with STR so you're probably thinking of Soul Bender or Asura.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Elven Knight is so fucking great. Entire game has turned in to this for me:

Unrelated, but my awakening problems seemt o be because I spent so much time grouping and never getting loot. Shit falls from the skies when you solo hardmodes apparently.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yep. I'll never understand why developers think that punishing players for grouping in an MMO is a good idea.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
From what my guildmates have been telling me, endgame Weaponmasters use 3-4 weapons. Of those, the Short Sword is the most important one, then comes Lightsabre/Katana, then Zanbato. All of a Weaponmaster's skills scale with STR so you're probably thinking of Soul Bender or Asura.
Yeah I can see WM's skills scaling off str like you'd assume, but shortswords iirc have higher magic attack than physical attack and int on it, so I would have assumed they wouldn't be optimal for a WM, but I guess it's mostly due to the skillset changes it adds.

On grouping, I think the logic is the game is A LOT easier when you group up, at least until scaling content(and even then), but that's kind of a moot point due to FP limits, it's not like you can run dungeons more because you clear faster/easier in a group, you still lose the same FP so it's a lot more efficient to solo. The bonus XP is a trap too, since you get less xp per mob in a group, so it basically evens out at the end. And yeah you get fucked on loot too, so it's pretty bad overall.

Not that I can group myself, I tried the other day for the Ghent daillies, apparently I have the bug where my client crashes to desktop randomly when grouped(and by randomly, I mean random between the first 3 rooms of a dungeon, so basically within a minute of being in a group). Not sure what's up, not even lagging or anything, client just closes, no errors. So I can't do any of the grouping daillies, which isn't a big deal I guess, just missing on nihilistic stone fragments.

Been leveling my Knight too, finally got to Chain Rush level, can't fucking tell what I'm doing 3/4 of the time, it's so twitchy. At the same time, even fucking around dropping chains constantly, I kill bosses in like 5seconds. Class does so much damage, and at the same time you kinda just stand there not dodging shit cause Nature's Blessing or whatever the buff's name is gives Super Armor and -50%dmg taken for 20seconds(with a 20seconds cooldown), so you don't have to pay attention to anything while doing the chains, you just try to spam dem buttons.

So far the biggest issue I have is I got the timing wrong to reposition and such, basically you have like 3seconds to hit Chain Rush after a skill(can hit it right away to cancel the skill animations too), but you have like half a second after hitting Chain Rush to hit another skill. Issue is my rythm is like skill > chain instantly > thinking about next skill/try to turn around/move > drop it like a tard, when it should be skill > think about next skill/move > chain rush > skill > think > chainrush > skill etc. And when I say thinking, I mean more like checking what's not on cd. I already have like 10 low cd actives atm and there's a bunch more I'm picking up in the coming levels, shit's pretty hardcore on bindings and cooldown juggling.