Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Cybsled

Publishers/dev houses really need to consider their audiences. Unless the game is complimented by a mobile experience (ie, a CCG like Hearthstone or w/e) or is cross platform (play on PC or Mobile...like Fortnite), then your super fans/hardcore fans (ie, the people that actually go to conventions) are probably not going to give a shit and at worst, think it is shit and a waste of their time.

Eve Online is a fucking microsoft excel simulator anyways. Don't need a PC for that lol

Not a full on announcement. More of a "Just to let everyone know, Diablo 4 is in the works! We can't show you anything now but tune into one of the next Blizzcons" with some fiery logo shit or something. They would do ANYTHING right now to change the Diablo conversation from mobile to talking about an upcoming PC title.

Which is exactly why Bethesda was smart at E3. The next Elderscrolls game could be in fricking 2023, but at least they let the audience know "ya, here is a mobile game, but the real deal is in the works as well".

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Publishers/dev houses really need to consider their audiences. Unless the game is complimented by a mobile experience (ie, a CCG like Hearthstone or w/e) or is cross platform (play on PC or Mobile...like Fortnite), then your super fans/hardcore fans (ie, the people that actually go to conventions) are probably not going to give a shit and at worst, think it is shit and a waste of their time.

Eve Online is a fucking microsoft excel simulator anyways. Don't need a PC for that lol

Which is exactly why Bethesda was smart at E3. The next Elderscrolls game could be in fricking 2023, but at least they let the audience know "ya, here is a mobile game, but the real deal is in the works as well".

No. Apparently you do heh. CCP has been asked over and over for mobile app stuff for account information and some of the trade stuff. Too hard and wouldn't work on mobile they keep saying. Then they want to go to a full blown Eve on mobile. Makes sense lol.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Never been in that possiston obviously. You think the resumes are being updated 24/7 there now? I'm thinking the person who did the reveal was chosen for his ability to not break down .

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So they delisted the video due to all the dislikes, and then uploaded a new one to start with a clean slate of votes that's also delisted. They sure like doubling down.

Edit: If you want to press the button

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Capture.JPG

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Blizzard.mov

That's the biggest hypocritical moment at Blizzcon, a company that shelved games previously like Ghost and Titan because they didn't meet a certain standard yet a reskinned knock off is ok because muh Chinese market which only wants shitty clones of already successful products. That entire country only gives a shit about skinner box gacha systems, cheating to win, and paying for power but I'm glad every spineless dickwad who works in sales has now positioned themselves to take everything of quality and dumb it down to chinese knock off levels of garbage. Even Siege is bending the knee to a market everyone has convinced themselves they need to cater too.

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All of those people should start reassessing themselves as capitalists first, gamers should be second, but I think that a moral person would come in there, and gamers would end up being 3rd or 4th. As capitalists, they should also realize that capitalism and morals have zero place in the same world.

But they believe it should. Yah, well, if beliefs were worth a dollar, I'd be a millionaire.

So here's $2... Suck my dick.
Uh, they're a bunch of SJWs, which almost always equates to Marxist/communist and a full-on hatred for capitalism.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
tbf it's pretty retarded to say it's a reskin because literally every mobile rpg looks the same with the exact same ui layout because really only one layout works on phones

Probably says more about mobile than anything else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>

Damage control incoming.
I am watching this gameplay and the default youtube window is marginally bigger than my phone. It looks terrible in that size. The only way it becomes tolerable is if i do a full screen.
Are people really playing twitchy and busy games like this on their phone screens? It seems insane to me.
I can only assume how much worse it will look if there is any kind of glare on the screen.
PC Master race FTW.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I'm not defending mobile, but why the fuck has nobody created a docking station and Bluetooth controller for this shit? That way you can use a controller and output video to your TV. I mean that is at least a somewhat plausible way to bridge the gap between gamers and mobile only retards. There are honestly a lot of mobile games I would consider playing when on trips, etc, but instead I play absolutely zero mobile games because the interface is fucking trash. Even beloved games like final fantasy are unbearable on mobile for me, but I can play them on a PC emulator all day.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not a full on announcement. More of a "Just to let everyone know, Diablo 4 is in the works! We can't show you anything now but tune into one of the next Blizzcons" with some fiery logo shit or something. They would do ANYTHING right now to change the Diablo conversation from mobile to talking about an upcoming PC title.
I feel if they did that it'd be even worse

Chris

Potato del Grande
tbf it's pretty retarded to say it's a reskin because literally every mobile rpg looks the same with the exact same ui layout because really only one layout works on phones

Probably says more about mobile than anything else.
It's being called a reskin because they literally took one of their games and reskinned it with Diablo 3 art assets, I mean... that's what they did...

Do you think that they coded everything from scratch again? If I was programming this, I would 100% start with my working game engine.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not defending mobile, but why the fuck has nobody created a docking station and Bluetooth controller for this shit? That way you can use a controller and output video to your TV. I mean that is at least a somewhat plausible way to bridge the gap between gamers and mobile only retards. There are honestly a lot of mobile games I would consider playing when on trips, etc, but instead I play absolutely zero mobile games because the interface is fucking trash. Even beloved games like final fantasy are unbearable on mobile for me, but I can play them on a PC emulator all day.
Do Bluetooth controllers not natively work with phones ? I feel like they would, but ive never tried