Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

xzi

Mouthbreather
Mark Kern stays based (big ass thread if you click-through link)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fedor

<Banned>
UCpNIzk.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 9 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Mark Kern stays based (big ass thread if you click-through link)

Until Kern does a write up of all the shit he fucked up with Firefall, spelling out all the mistakes he made, and how he's realised that they WERE mistakes and how he plans on getting around that in the future, I can't agree to saying Kern is "based". He's making all the right noises right now, but without a little closer on the past, he's just as bad as the rest. It's pretty easy to see the trees when you're outside looking in.

Something like "yeah, trying to pivot to a PvP e-sport from a co-op PvE shooter was a stupid idea, and then I lost my mind and thought I'd start making movies.... again, I lost my mind -- my bad."

Until then, anything Kern says is suspect.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
What happened to all the Diablo 2 devs?

I seem to remember some went to make Torchlight... did some go to make Guildwars? There was that Hellgate: London failure too, was that Diablo 2 devs?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hellgate London was a disaster on launch. They've talked about it before, Namco was supposed to handle the networking for the game and last minute they decided to just pull out so they more or less split their team to deal with that and it was just all downhill from there. How they even manage to launch the game is beyond me to be honest.

But yes, Bunch of them went to Torchlight, some to ArenaNet (Mike O'Brien made battle.net), some to Marvel Heroes.
Brevik is making a game called It Lurks Below and it's actually pretty decent. Early access though.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
What happened to all the Diablo 2 devs?

I seem to remember some went to make Torchlight... did some go to make Guildwars? There was that Hellgate: London failure too, was that Diablo 2 devs?

The two main people Max Schaeffer and his brother (can't recall his name right now) left, I think they both teamed up again to create Hellgate: London.

Then the two split off again to create Torchlight. Since, the other brother has split off to create Rebel Galaxy. Max has stayed on Torchlight II, and there's a new one coming out, but I dunno what it's called ATM.

Both of them worked for Blizzard North, both of them resigned in protest to something which Blizzard did, and both of them were amazed when Blizzard took them up on their resignations.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Funny, I had completely forgotten blizzcon was happening. I opened up the Play Store and the first thing I was greeted with was Diablo Immortal. I was like "wtf is this? A mobile Diablo game...Sweet! How do I not know about this?" Then there was a pause in my thinking and I remember blizzcon was going on. I start researching what other awesome stuff was announced for Diablo and such. Now I'm just like are you kidding me? I agree, they completely botched that whole reveal. I think Diablo Mobile would be a fun little side game/time waster but it's disappointing to find out that theres no other content to back it and it's involves Netease

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The funniest thing I saw over the weekend was the defense by Blizzard fanboys that the same reaction was to Hearthstone and look how that turned out. What they forget is A) I wouldn't put Hearthstone as the beacon of great game design at this point in it's lifecycle and B) Hearthstone started out as a PC game first, mobile came after the fact.

xzi

Mouthbreather
No, he's making it by himself and made the engine by himself. But it is a very heavy RPG, you could convince me it's a pretty modded Terraria due to aesthetic though.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll play it via an emulator on PC until I see something gated via cash shop, then..Nope.
Really was a bad way to introduce the game, and the shenanigans going on YouTube only makes it worse. Won't be surprised if YouTube says they were only deleting ratings given by bots, lol.
Their cm did say afterwards that something new for d3 is coming for season 16. To me that says a d4 is a long way off.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Something new for Season 16? Triple Treasure Goblins?!?!

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users