Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

xzi

Mouthbreather
My actual favorite part of the Q&A is when they say they are targeting new audiences. They told their audience of the most loyal blizzard fanboys that exist, at blizzcon, that they're not making this game for them.

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
7u3jXSC.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
As is BFA for that matter.

The question is where did the talent relocate to? What area of Activision were they deployed to?

We thought it was D4. Its not. That is a very scary problem and should shake current WoW players to their core. If there isn't another AAA title in development, then what does that say about the state of Blizzard right now in 2018?

Harrowing.

It probably is Diablo 4. It's just at a spot there ready to show it yet. Rockstar made a mobile game, they didn't stop developing the next GTA game, Bethesda made a mobile games and they didn't stop developing Fallout and Elder Scrolls. I don't get why people think there going to abandon one the best selling games of all time, a game that is ripe for monetization and make it mobile only, not only is that dumb it's the exact opposite of what a super greedy company you think Blizzard is now would do. Blizzard just take forever making their games, so we have to wait.

And WoW seems to be rolling an A team and B team when it comes to xpacs ever since WOTLK since every other xpac seems to be pretty rocky. WoTLK good, Cata shit, Mop good, WoD shit, Legion good, BoA shit, for the most part. Not much has changed there.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
How much more of an audience they want? Millions of people play the Diablo. Don't they realize how many copies of Diablo 4 they would sell when it's released? I'm guessing they are betting on people who play mobile games will buy a computer or upgrade their current one when Diablo 4 releases.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It probably is Diablo 4. It's just at a spot there ready to show it yet. Rockstar made a mobile game, they didn't stop developing the next GTA game, Bethesda made a mobile games and they didn't stop developing Fallout and Elder Scrolls. I don't get why people think there going to abandon one the best selling games of all time, a game that is ripe for monetization and make it mobile only, not only is that dumb it's the exact opposite of what a super greedy company you think Blizzard is now would do. Blizzard just take forever making their games, so we have to wait.

And WoW seems to be rolling an A team and B team when it comes to xpacs ever since WOTLK since every other xpac seems to be pretty rocky. WoTLK good, Cata shit, Mop good, WoD shit, Legion good, BoA shit, for the most part. Not much has changed there.
I disagree. Even just a "yeah, we're working on D4, we have nothing to show you though" would be a good response to this disaster. Who cares in the end how the game is marketed? Hell, "leak" through some streamer or whatever so it doesn't even look like your fault that the info got out.

There's two conclusions you can draw from this. Either they are working on D4 and they still decided it wasn't worth the low effort sentence that would greatly mitigate this. Or there is nothing Diablo-related that's being worked on that would appeal to the angered fanbase.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This is just a clever marketing scheme by Blizzard. Announce and release a Diablo product that majority of the fans will hate and starve them out for a while. When they finally decide to announce it people will go crazy, pre order the game even if it's shit like when D3 was initially released.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Blizzard is just slow as fuck. They've always been and probably don't want to announce a game that's years away and totally misjudged how much people would hate this announcement because they are idiots.

I just don't get this whole Blizzard has changed shit like its some new shocking thing. Blizzard has been adapting to the market like every other game developer. "Old Blizzard canceled games that werent up to their quality" Yeah sure and that same old Blizzard put a real money auction house into Diablo 3. They put a god damn real money auction house into Diablo 3 in 2012 and just now people are crying it's the end times because they made a mobile game.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Have you played BFA? Genuinely curious. It came out about 6 months too early and was/still is extremely unpolished, I don't think blizzard really is that slow anymore or cares about initial response when launching anything anymore.

That's a fundamental change in blizzard. They've been masters of polish for YEARS. But ask anyone about this expansion.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Have you played BFA? Genuinely curious. It came out about 6 months too early and was/still is extremely unpolished, I don't think blizzard really is that slow anymore or cares about initial response when launching anything anymore.

That's a fundamental change in blizzard. They've been masters of polish for YEARS. But ask anyone about this expansion.

I gave Legion a shot (one more shot after swearing off the game) and it was good up until I got into the legendary stuff and not being able to fully respec AP.

If they had gotten that shit right I'd have played the entire xpac.

After that and the SC2 xpacs (Wings was pretty good), I left the reservation.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They are reacting to the times. You can weep all you want but it's a cold business decision that in 5 years the so called corrupt audience will be irrelevant and the new customer base will all but forgotten. As long as it generates better revenue.

Yes and PC gaming has been dead for the last 20 years. Stupid American Inventors like you seem so fast to pass over the current market to run into another not realizing that there is a shit ton of money in this area. If Blizzard doesn't want it I am happy to give it to another company but to be so fucking dense and retarded to make a statement like the one above is the reason some of you stupid faggots will never generate wealth in your life. Blizzard didn't make Billions not being a PC gaming company for PC gamers. Also lets not forget ActiBliz bought KING candy crush dipshittery they already have an avenue to spread out into more Mobile shit without pissing off their current base.

So fucking sick of the morons who suck off Bobby Kotick and his desire to simply shit on the soul of every business to move units. He is the prime example of a person interested in short term gains at the detriment of the company which dipshits seem to love. This faggot will ruin this company and then golden parachute the fuck out with mad scrooge McDuck money not giving a shit looking like a genius because he was able to buttfuck dollars out of people for 10 years. Only for the Bliz name to end up as a trashfire piece of shit like EA.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

You know damn well this greaseball looking slimy fuck told them the deadline.

dims

"The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL that guitar hes holding was a money printing machine for them, until he shit on that franchise too.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
My actual favorite part of the Q&A is when they say they are targeting new audiences. They told their audience of the most loyal blizzard fanboys that exist, at blizzcon, that they're not making this game for them.

Yeah that is the craziest thing. You take the most loyal of fans the ones literally taking time out of their lives to go to a three day live advertisement for your company. Then you shit in their mouth.

tmg-facebook_social.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I gave Legion a shot (one more shot after swearing off the game) and it was good up until I got into the legendary stuff and not being able to fully respec AP.

If they had gotten that shit right I'd have played the entire xpac.

After that and the SC2 xpacs (Wings was pretty good), I left the reservation.

Right, and that's a fair thing to say but I'm not even talking about game mechanics. I'm talking about the buggy piece of shit mess it's been. I've genuinely never seen this many bugs in a blizzard game since vanilla.

• 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
LOL @ the chat reaction during reveal.

Hidden somewhere in that wall of scroll someone screamed can't wait for Diablo Kart Racing! FUCKING LOL!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizzard is just slow as fuck. They've always been and probably don't want to announce a game that's years away and totally misjudged how much people would hate this announcement because they are idiots.

I just don't get this whole Blizzard has changed shit like its some new shocking thing. Blizzard has been adapting to the market like every other game developer. "Old Blizzard canceled games that werent up to their quality" Yeah sure and that same old Blizzard put a real money auction house into Diablo 3. They put a god damn real money auction house into Diablo 3 in 2012 and just now people are crying it's the end times because they made a mobile game.

Just now crying? Yea nobody had a problem with that shit when it came out. It was after they canned it and said it was a huge mistake that we realized how dumb we were for liking the RMAH.

• 1Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Remember when Kotick said that he was baffled no devloppers at Blizzard knew what a balance sheet was and he would change that ?

I guess now you could say that they all knew what a balance sheet is, but they dont know how to develop games.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I knew this day would be coming. All game companies are going the way of mobile. PC gaming is, at best, an afterthought.

I'm just happy to see Blizzard weather the shitstorm. It's been an awful company for years, ever since they accepted the resignations of everybody at Blizzard North. Sure, it's been on a slowly decreasing plane, but you're starting to see the bottom of the barrel now. And actually, I don't even think this is the bottom.

*insert Dave Chappel crackhead.gif here*

"I'll suck yo dick for a skin, man. C'mon."

• 1Worf