Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Considering they replaced pretty much all their capable people with complete fuckwits, I can see how most of them are avid mobile gamers.

They should have asked him "what is your favorite mobile game", followed by "is that game the quality level activision-blizzard is aiming for?"

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't wait for the Grim Dawn expansion. I'm willing the bet there will be some anti Diablo Immortal easter egg.

• 1Like

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
It looks like the tech sector, in general, may have been trending downward for the last month. Activision-Blizzard was at $83.28 on Oct 1, $68.99 on Friday (Nov 2), and $64.25 at close today (Nov 6).

So Blizcon shenanigans probably didn't help, but the stock was likely headed for a hit on Monday, regardless.

Some sources:
Wall Street Journal (paywall): Dow, S&P Rise Despite Tech Sector Drop
From last week about tech ETF trends: https://www.investors.com/etfs-and-funds/etfs/tech-stocks-slammed-etfs-beat-market/
More about October: Tech stocks plunged in October, suffering their worst month since the 2008 recession

I didn't have high hopes for this year's Blizzcon, decided to buy a put on Activision.
Thanks for the trip to Vegas, Blizz!

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm not surprised by this display of faggotry, given that most of your posts are traps.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The D3 RMAH made them fucktons of money. The only issues they had were technical issues, there were no legal issues. It wasn't minors involved in microtransactions, it was full grown men spending 250 $/€ on pixels.

The technical issues were so overwhelming though (adjusting PC clock to make auctions finish instantly mainly, but some people were also editing sales prices on the RMAH) that, due to the fucktons of money involved, they had to close it down.

Some people made a lot of money scooping up all the items that were offered up for bidding, by making them end instantly and relisting the item for 25% more as an instant buy. I never fucked with it since I considered the legal consequences, but obviously not everyone cared as much.

I bought € 250 worth of gold right before they doubled the gold price people could list items at in the RMAH, while the max RL money value remained the same.

I called them the day after that change to request the money from that purchase back, since they had halved the value of my virtual gold. They instantly agreed on a full refund.

Wasn't there a cross-border/country taxation issue that also ended up in the demise of the RMAH?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So if I say that Blizzard makes games for idiots and people who like Blizzard games are idiots, will people get mad because it's truer than ever?

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Nice to see that Blizzard has a firm grasp on the concept of 'damage control'.

Yeah.. that's about the dumbest thing you could post right now. They're either ignorant, arrogant, oblivious, stubborn, or completely out of touch. I'm guessing it's a bit of all of them. One thing I have never liked about the gaming industry, especially the MMO community, is how they can think they got it all together, with the best of ideas, and believe their community is completely out of touch.

I'm sure money drives a lot of this and they'll probably make a ton but it's definitely not good for the gamers and disheartening that passion and purpose is leaving the industry quickly. All I know to say and i've preached it with DLC's, EA, and other crap is to stop patronizing these people or life is never going to change.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
A Quick Word from Blizzard - Diablo III Forums

We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

• 1Worf

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think people would lay off if they knew it wasn't going to be a total "farm the whale's money" type game. If it was a $10 paid mobile game, maybe people wouldn't be so adverse to them putting out a mobile game. At the conference they wouldn't even admit the game was going to have micro-transactions. The fuckers have NetEase developing the game, and he didn't have the balls to admit to micro-transactions on stage while everyone and their dogs knows it will.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Considering it was just Feb 2016 when Activision paid nearly $6 Billion for King DE (Candy Crush), it's hardly a surprise that Blizzard is finally turning that corner.

And with quotes like these from the man himself...

1541634897746.png

1541635139507.png

I won't pretend that I wasn't mortified by the Blizzcon announcement like the next guy, but I don't follow these things as closely as some. It's been so long since anything interesting has happened with Diablo, that I've pretty much "switched off". When D4 finally lands in another 2, 3, or god knows how many more years, I'll take notice again, maybe.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So blizzard is not about making good games anymore, its all about that $$$, got it.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think people would lay off if they knew it wasn't going to be a total "farm the whale's money" type game. If it was a $10 paid mobile game, maybe people wouldn't be so adverse to them putting out a mobile game. At the conference they wouldn't even admit the game was going to have micro-transactions. The fuckers have NetEase developing the game, and he didn't have the balls to admit to micro-transactions on stage while everyone and their dogs knows it will.

Don't think anyone cares that they're putting out a mobile game, just don't hype it as a big announcement and end your $200 a head conference with it

• 2Like