Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Goddamn they are fucking lazy I mean it's nice that they are buffing the sets to retarded levels for no fucking reason
There's a very legit reason, at the endgame it's been all about Rat runs for the past 3 seasons and most other builds that don't fit into that 4 man meta are pretty much fucked. This potentially brings other builds into that consideration.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Most primals suck donkey shit through a straw.. still gonna fuck around with this nonsense new season and see what kind of dipshittery that they added. Goddamn they are fucking lazy I mean it's nice that they are buffing the sets to retarded levels for no fucking reason but how about adding a handful of new seasonal items. I know the shit is on lifesupport but can't Randy the unpaid intern throw darts at a wall and make a new piece of shit item.

You gonna be on when the server goes up? I will be, I think I will be playing a DH.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Have never played a DH, WD or Barb. Should I start now? Guess DH has always been good but the rest no idea. Haven't played a Wiz since season 3 I think and think that's what I'm going Wiz but is it still a button smasher? Last 4-5 seasons have done Monk, Crusader or Necro and you get stupidly easy builds with those. I don't remember being able to numlock shit with a Wiz which is my concern.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Have never played a DH, WD or Barb. Should I start now? Guess DH has always been good but the rest no idea. Haven't played a Wiz since season 3 I think and think that's what I'm going Wiz but is it still a button smasher? Last 4-5 seasons have done Monk, Crusader or Necro and you get stupidly easy builds with those. I don't remember being able to numlock shit with a Wiz which is my concern.
DH has always been good and will be a really solid option this year. According to Rhykker's rankings, two of the builds will be in the top tier: Multishot and N6M4 (Natalya and Maruader set - Rain of vengeance + sentry build). Impale is right below those two, too. It's also a fun class to play imo. For WD, Jade Harvestor is projected to be in the top as well. Barb is actually looking pretty good this season with a couple of builds in the top (Hammer of Ancients and Charge builds) and a nice boost to whirlwind putting it just below top tier. Wiz isn't too bad on the button clicks but other than Explosive blast, you really can't numlock and get good efficiency. I played Tal Rasha Meteor last season, which projects to be top tier again) and it wasn't bad, but it's based around keeping stacks up for each element, but it's not bad once you get used to it. Hoping that it will be good enough to be considered for aedps in meta groups. DMO frozen orb and FIrebirds Meteor projected to be top too. Not a fan of firebirds because you need to drag a burning elite around to max your dps.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm gonna roll a barb for sure Friday, WD Jade was fun as shit last season and its super tanky and now with that change to consume the DoT on recast its going to really boost the single target which is where it lacked some power.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Jadedoc is the least fun version of WD. I hate how they keep rehabilitating it to keep it up top. I'd rather play zdps monk than push grifts as jadedoc.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Jadedoc is the least fun version of WD. I hate how they keep rehabilitating it to keep it up top. I'd rather play zdps monk than push grifts as jadedoc.
Yeah, not much of a fan. I have done firebats one season on an alt and enjoyed it but didn't push and helltooth angry chicken a couple of seasons for farming.

Having a tough time deciding what to start, none of the starting sets are particularly great (by themselves). DH or Barb probably, probably DH since i am not a fan of IK Hota and have a good start on N6M4 build..

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

I found it the most fun by far personally. I hate pets and didnt like the Firebats playstyle at all even though it was much better at GRifts.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
WD has always been my favorite but never Jadedoc. Given the boosts, there's no reason I probably won't try it this season. I'm a fan of tanky builds. Firebats is fun and I suspect will be back in the meta as a trash killer? Maybe not.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
depends how op the dps wiz are....and since 3 of the top tier builds are wiz, I dunno why you'd bother with necro/wd in the meta except for the para race with rat groups.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, you're right. With as powerful as wizards look to be going this season they'd probably fill that spot.

By making a WD, I'm also guaranteeing I'm not in rat groups. Not sure that's smart, but even when I was necro I didn't play that many rats. Too casual to keep up the dps requirements.

Thats why I considered monk. Can always zdps and never fall behind. Could do the same for necro I suppose as well.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah i was monk main last couple seasons but it's looking pretty shitty for monks in s16. WoL is pretty faceroll if boring, but if inna's gen build is tops I'm out lol.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So do you guys who ladder hit top 10 with those specs that do the GR thats 2-3 GR higher than the other specs from the chart posted? Like should I only go the best spec or is it ok to try the other Barb specs and be competitive?

Who is the Michael Jordan of D3 here I can check their progression this season to learn from, post that battletag. I am bringing my Discord homies to D3 this season and we want to learn as much as possible.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I have never hit top 10 but i have also never had the desire to dedicate the time needed push against the hardcore players and streamers at the beginning of a season or to build up the paragon, farm, and augment gear to take a shot at it later in the season, yeah that's my excuse... Also on day 1, i usually solo because my friends bail on me at the last moment, so i start out behind against well organized groups.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looking at Alkaizer and Quinn videos it seems like a lot of work "fishing" the perfect G Rift type.

Also Alkaizer is a monster alone, I am watching some of his league starts.

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, i could probably improve my solo starts a bit by watching him but i just don't care that much. My goals are pretty simple, i want to hit GR X and complete the season challenges. Beyond that, i just want to enjoy the three or four weeks i get out of it before i get pissed at the game because i still haven't gotten my cosmic wings yet.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
So do you guys who ladder hit top 10 with those specs that do the GR thats 2-3 GR higher than the other specs from the chart posted? Like should I only go the best spec or is it ok to try the other Barb specs and be competitive?

Who is the Michael Jordan of D3 here I can check their progression this season to learn from, post that battletag. I am bringing my Discord homies to D3 this season and we want to learn as much as possible.

The best thing to do is to play what you like and not try to be top 10, which you won't accomplish anyway.

• 1Like