Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
GR95+ is the new GR70, you can stretch an aether walker build up to 85 but the turn-in is like half a paragon. You really want to be doing higher for XP and more leg drops, not to mention a higher 100% gem cutoff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Everyone is playing wiz this season but how is barb looking for pushing grits and speed farming?

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
So I was trying to get D3 to work on my computer that uses a 4K TV, except no matter what i picked something was wrong. Windows (fullscreen) had the taskbar always showing with Lock Cursor option doing nothing and Fullscreen would have no mouse cursor at all. So "the fix" was to set a custom text size of 149% instead of 150% on Fullscreen which did actually make the cursor show up, except the Windows cursor was freakishly smaller despite only -1% change in scale, and the D3 cursor has no adjustment so it's really hard to keep track of on a 4K display with combat effects everywhere.

And now it's done something bad to my Chrome where the UI (not webpage) font size on the UI is way off. WTF would changing a setting by 1% fubar this?
There is a "large cursor" option in Video options that I have to use playing at 3840x2160; do you have that box checked?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I wussed out and didn't quit yet. To that end though the farm portion of a Wiz, like everybody else is saying here, is a fucking joke. I've tried every build sans DMO, guess that's next, and there's just nothing that you can safely run GR70+ in less than 5mins that isn't your full on push build without it being the most ideal of GRifts. So I'm at GR 102 and figure I need my 3 gems at the same level and enchants, I'm going to spend 5+ mins a rift and it's a "speed" run? Ugh....

How is HOTA for pushing buttons and farming? Is it mindless? Might re-roll a barb as the only other thing I have to play at the moment is Fortnite and I'm just not feeling it.
Everyone is playing wiz this season but how is barb looking for pushing grits and speed farming?
I've played a Barb this season for about 45 hours, and pushed up to a GR97 in about 10 minutes. Just haven't bothered to push higher just yet.

Every single one of their sets were buffed with this Season, and they are a lot of fun!

IK HOTA is my build of choice, but there are many to choose from including the famous Whirlwind. Like mentioned, it too was buffed pretty heavily, and you can easily do T13/Bounties, and higher GRs withi t once you have the gear. I found it too squishy for my tastes for now. Will keep looking for better gear. Killing isn't the problem, it's staying alive.

IK HOTA can be modified for speeds as well, and just holding down my left click mouse macro to spam it, killing and picking up everything I hover over is just really easy and relaxing.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there any reason to run GR 70 over GR 60 to level my legendary gems as long as they are still in the level window for 100% upgrade chance?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Experience, I level gems at the highest level I can without sacrificing too much on the speed of the run. If you can do 70 just 20-30 seconds slower on average then it’s probably worth sticking with sub <1000 para

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Experience as Blazin mentioned or if you are trying to save a little gold empowering the rift.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Is there any reason to run GR 70 over GR 60 to level my legendary gems as long as they are still in the level window for 100% upgrade chance?

In addition to what was said above, you get more legendaries, on average. As GR's go up, you can get more. I've gotten twelve in the high 90s. In a group, I've done 100+ in 5 min, which adds up to a good number of legs and shards.

Higher grifts give more shards, at least up to a point (not sure what the calculation is or where the cap is - if there is one).

Malakriss

Remember it's not just about how fast you can run the GRs, if you do lower ones you're burning through more keys and increasing the amount of T13 rifts that need to be run (for less overall reward). T13 just doesn't pay out, you might get lucky with a couple leg drops but it's purpose is only keys and bounty mats.

Before someone says "what about Death's breaths?" I will point out I'm at 6500 (primarily due to my never ending quest to get cosmic wings from RBGs). I could retire my Sage set, play the entire rest of the season, and never run out.

Technical update: I can play D3 just fine on the 4K, but Windows cursor insists on being fubar and I'm not sure if the scaling was the cause but my entire Chrome settings appeared to reset. So I'm just mad in general.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Without constant internet connection, am I missing anything except being able to do Challenge Rifts and leaderboards? Except the obvious grouping issue.

I’m enjoying solo play at the moment but that’s mostly because I have a ton to catch up on since losing 500 hours of play files. I got to Para 100+ and have multiple toons working now so it’s much more tolerable. I am actually having a ton of fun experimenting with different builds on the lower end while still blowing through rifts and actually giving a shit about every single that drops because it might be an upgrade. I have a lot to do but I keep feeling like I’m missing something?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Without constant internet connection, am I missing anything except being able to do Challenge Rifts and leaderboards? Except the obvious grouping issue.

I’m enjoying solo play at the moment but that’s mostly because I have a ton to catch up on since losing 500 hours of play files. I got to Para 100+ and have multiple toons working now so it’s much more tolerable. I am actually having a ton of fun experimenting with different builds on the lower end while still blowing through rifts and actually giving a shit about every single that drops because it might be an upgrade. I have a lot to do but I keep feeling like I’m missing something?
You won't get the Nemesis dudes without an online connection, right? Do they limit trading on console without a connection I assume?

Funny thing happened today, so I boot up my gaming laptop in the hotel, as like every week I'm away working, and B.net app tells me someone is near me. Never had this happen where someone else in the hotel was actually playing a B.net game. I feel like I should troll them and be like what up dude, how's that Best Western Plus?

• 1Like

Malakriss

Got mad of gambling full inventories of pants all day and no ancient Tal's. So vowed to up every yellow pants until I got one. Thousands of mats later... hey they do exist! Min armor but resist and gold pickup and I rerolled a max 650 Vit.

I guess the lesson is be pissed and throw a fuck ton of mats at something.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Actually they do have Nemesis on console and it’s pretty tough when you don’t have gear because they drop in almost always on boss fights or big elite packs, not sure how it is online. It’s easier to deal with now though but a cool bonus. Trading is easy and the same I guess but it’s just local between users on the PS4. Stash is still shared so I don’t even have to trade to other toons and can trade to another Users toons easily. Guess I’m just missing the Season stuff but I can’t do that with my gear etc at this point anyway so all good!

I miss Diablo PvP though, brawling sucks. I want a PvP mode!

Fucker

Log Wizard

I did a bunch of bounties because I couldn't get a good weapon anywhere. I got a really good roll on my first try. I still can't get shoulders for fuck all, though. I've gotten 8,000, 352 Firechicken shoulders from kadala, though!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got mad of gambling full inventories of pants all day and no ancient Tal's. So vowed to up every yellow pants until I got one. Thousands of mats later... hey they do exist! Min armor but resist and gold pickup and I rerolled a max 650 Vit.

Reforming legendaries is a much faster way to get ancients

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Question I can’t find quickly on Google and my data sucks, if I extract a legendary power such as Corpse Lance does extra 26% damage for x reason, will the extraction be 26%, will it reroll the value or will it be a perfect 30% regardless?

I’ve never cubed out a roll property and don’t want to risk it being less than perfect if it should be the case.

Side note I got my Wiz to 70 last night and the first drop I got was an almost flawless across the board rolled Tal source. Inspiring stuff boys. Literally the first drop I got at 70, lol.

Malakriss

Question I can’t find quickly on Google and my data sucks, if I extract a legendary power such as Corpse Lance does extra 26% damage for x reason, will the extraction be 26%, will it reroll the value or will it be a perfect 30% regardless?

I’ve never cubed out a roll property and don’t want to risk it being less than perfect if it should be the case.

Side note I got my Wiz to 70 last night and the first drop I got was an almost flawless across the board rolled Tal source. Inspiring stuff boys. Literally the first drop I got at 70, lol.
Cubed powers are always max %, doesn't matter if the item is a min % level 41 version.

• 1Like