Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Fucker

Log Wizard
I finally got a Vizier staff and completed my meteor build. Helps me add to my collection of rather pointless primals!

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I believe in Kaizer Soze and the only thing that scares me.. is Star Pact. Holy god the full group build for that is like "turn off everything that will save your life, your only purpose is to go Super Ultra Wizard damage"

As a side note, don't test with a DH they do absolutely nothing to save your life.

That's a lie, I try to kill dangerous trash for you!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pulled off a GR109 with 5 deaths, a better belt with life % probably saves at least 2 of them and a better damage roll on the weapons would make clearing faster which lowers risk itself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Pulled off a GR109 with 5 deaths, a better belt with life % probably saves at least 2 of them and a better damage roll on the weapons would make clearing faster which lowers risk itself.

What build are you using? Mine has zero mobility which makes clearing a chore.

Malakriss

What build are you using? Mine has zero mobility which makes clearing a chore.
Standard Tal meteor, relying on illusionist at upper GR levels isn't actually too bad since more things will trigger it letting you leap past them and do your best to round up some density. Most of my deaths had arcane sentries involved.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I need a pair of unitys and my wd is ready to rampage firebat style. I could probably push 5-10 higher grifts right now, but still a little squishy. I really really don't want to farm bounties, but I need to get an ancient soul harvester asap too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
The Vault is a fun zone. Greed has the best death animation anywhere. The Lamb running around with his copper sword picking up gold cracks me up.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I’ve never had a high tier build toon to push GRs. My last account I got to about T8-9, but GRifts weren’t really a thing for me. Necromancer wasn’t even released yet as a class.

So I’m at around GR 31 right now and it’s feeling pretty tough. My character is pretty new still and I’m only Paragon 128 with obviously suboptimal gear, but I still managed to blow through and deleted T1-4ish. Now I’m getting to the point around T6-7 where they take me like 7-10 minutes and I might die 1-3 times depending.
When you’re pushing rifts to try and exp and gear up is it better to run a shitload of fast T2 rifts that I faceroll through in 2 minutes or grind out difficult ones that take longer?

It’s also confusing because the drops I get are all over the place, I literally got over fifteen 1h and 2h swords and axes etc last night and DH set gear, etc for about two hours straight. Nothing to help gear me as a Wiz and I can’t tell if I’m missing out by pushing hard difficulties because I’m not sure where the ‘optimal’ grinding point is. It definitely seems like I get more drops at higher difficulties (which is obvious and explained in game) but it seems like I get more things that don’t pertain to me or my play style as well. I try quitting and reloading the game to reset the session but I don’t know if that’s ‘video game voodoo’ or an actual thing that truly affects loot tables.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I’ve never had a high tier build toon to push GRs. My last account I got to about T8-9, but GRifts weren’t really a thing for me. Necromancer wasn’t even released yet as a class.

So I’m at around GR 31 right now and it’s feeling pretty tough, although my character is pretty new still and I’m only Paragon 128 with obviously suboptimal gear but I basically blew threw and deleted T1-4ish but getting to the point where they take me like 7-10 minutes and I might die 1-3 times depending.
When you’re pushing rifts to try and exp and gear up is it better to run a shitload of fast T2 rifts that I faceroll through in 2 minutes or grind out difficult ones that take longer?
Go as high as you can and still stay under 5 minutes. 3-4 minutes is most optimal.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Go as high as you can and still stay under 5 minutes. 3-4 minutes is most optimal.
Gotcha. Yeah it seems like the 5 minute mark is where it’s at. When I pushed one too far and managed to pull it out of my ass but finished at like 13 minutes it was exhausting and annoying and felt like it was way, way too much work for what I got.

Malakriss

I do 7 minute GR100s simply to burn bonus XP pools and that still feels too long, but there's not any faster option as a wizard.

Been trying my luck at bounty reforges. But it's my luck which means zero luck, getting the first ancient weapon with a good % was hard enough now wanting a decently rolled one with a good % shall be impossible.

edit: rolled a 1545-1868 / +316% damage vs my existing 1355-1711 / +321%. All other affixes roughly the same, sheet damage +7.7% guessing new one is better overall.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
Been trying my luck at bounty reforges. But it's my luck which means zero luck, getting the first ancient weapon with a good % was hard enough now wanting a decently rolled one with a good % shall be impossible.

Glad I'm not the only one. I've had ONE upgrade across two builds and many rerolls done. Jack AND Shit is what I've got. I'm stuck dead flat at GR88, but I just started this build a few days ago, and I know what all the warts are. JUST NEED SOME UPGRADES.

Fucker

Log Wizard

So I’m at around GR 31 right now and it’s feeling pretty tough. My character is pretty new still and I’m only Paragon 128 with obviously suboptimal gear, but I still managed to blow through and deleted T1-4ish. Now I’m getting to the point around T6-7 where they take me like 7-10 minutes and I might die 1-3 times depending.

It’s also confusing because the drops I get are all over the place, I literally got over fifteen 1h and 2h swords and axes etc last night and DH set gear, etc for about two hours straight. Nothing to help gear me as a Wiz and I can’t tell if I’m missing out by pushing hard difficulties because I’m not sure where the ‘optimal’ grinding point is. It definitely seems like I get more drops at higher difficulties (which is obvious and explained in game) but it seems like I get more things that don’t pertain to me or my play style as well. I try quitting and reloading the game to reset the session but I don’t know if that’s ‘video game voodoo’ or an actual thing that truly affects loot tables.

Lower rifts suck ass for loot and XP. I'll be on here in about an hour and can drag you through some higher grifts.

Crone

Lower rifts suck ass for loot and XP. I'll be on here in about an hour and can drag you through some higher grifts.
He doesn't have internet where he normally plays from, so he goes solo most of the time.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Appreciate the offer man, like Crone said though I’m grinding out mostly solo unless I have a day with access to the net at a buddies house. I got pretty lucky with loot in the beginning but now it’s slowing down considerably, but I am getting that ‘accomplished’ satisfaction knowing I’m starting from scratch.

Crone

Appreciate the offer man, like Crone said though I’m grinding out mostly solo unless I have a day with access to the net at a buddies house. I got pretty lucky with loot in the beginning but now it’s slowing down considerably, but I am getting that ‘accomplished’ satisfaction knowing I’m starting from scratch.
And I have net, but no gaming buddies. Hmm... conundrum!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users