Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
IIRC people were able to glitch themselves into Act 4, corpse dive to Diablo, and then use that cheesy invulnerable wizard build to kill him. They didn't really "beat" it in the normal sense of the word, and what they did certainly had nothing to do with the auction house. In fact, one of the early problems with the auction house was after it was made public how Diablo was killed, people started glitching into act 4 to farm those essence things for blues that far outstripped everything non-glitchers had access to.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
The bosses were actually easier than the elite packs, particularly for Wizards since they couldn't be killed by high damage hits, only a bunch of fast low damage pricks.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So blizzard is axing the ah for a problem that isn't even there anymore? This just gets dumber and dumber.
well, i wouldn't say it's not there anymore. i would say the problem grew and evolved into the player base deciding it's all BS and not playing anymore.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
well, i wouldn't say it's not there anymore. i would say the problem grew and evolved into the player base deciding it's all BS and not playing anymore.
It is bs, its a video game. the AH was the opportunity for gamers to fleece wanna be's of money to get them the gear, realize thats the point of the game and quit. Blizz gets a sale, gamers get some money. Win, Win.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You probably weren't using the cheesy build, then, or you started after it was nerfed.
That build was so good haha, That was the only way i got my wizard through act 3 originally
frown.png

dat prismatic armor + ridiculous health regen with no vitality.

j00t

It is bs, its a video game. the AH was the opportunity for gamers to fleece wanna be's of money to get them the gear, realize thats the point of the game and quit. Blizz gets a sale, gamers get some money. Win, Win.
right but i think that's a little short sighted. wow is the beast that it is today because they spent like 15 years building a strong reputation in the gaming community. releasing d3 with the sole intention of "we'll get a sale, and gamers will get some money" is the crux of every flaw in d3.

if you're making a game, and the question of "are we still having fun playing this?" isn't asked at EVERY board meeting then something needs to change.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
right but i think that's a little short sighted. wow is the beast that it is today because they spent like 15 years building a strong reputation in the gaming community. releasing d3 with the sole intention of "we'll get a sale, and gamers will get some money" is the crux of every flaw in d3.

if you're making a game, and the question of "are we still having fun playing this?" isn't asked at EVERY board meeting then something needs to change.
I thought d3 was a fucking blast but inferno at the get go was shit. It was fixed and was fun but I mean after 100 hours you really are just running in circles.

j00t

no, i agree. i said it before but i always enjoyed d3. and it continually gets better and better so there's that. but you nailed it on the head. 1-60 was great fun. it's the 60+ game that just... you just don't feel rewarded for playing. you feel rewarded for playing on the AH. that just doesn't feel right to me.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Well once you have all classes maxxed, eventually you will tire of it. Inferno is fantastic now. But theres just not enough content. So the gameplay is great, now its just waiting for xpac and hoping blizz doesnt fuck it up in the mean time. And if WoW is any indication, they probably will. Here's hoping, though.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Inferno was meant to be like an entire difficulty on par with the true ubers from Diablo 2.

I can imagine the masses didn't enjoy it
smile.png

Some classes were just able to progress through it faster by kiting.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Really surprised by the announcement. What motivation do they have for removing the AH? Isnt' that the way they make their money?

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'm sure the revenue from the AH has been slowly dropping over time. Now the expected revenue from the RMAH is down enough that it is more important to save the brand for Diablo IV.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Really surprised by the announcement. What motivation do they have for removing the AH? Isnt' that the way they make their money?
IDK a bunch of dumb gay babies crying about people buying loot instead of farming for it. When in reality farming for it atm is literally the most retarded thing you can do, so the AH is amazing. Although giving the economy back to 3rd party goldsellers is kinda silly to me, but I get it.

With the upcoming Loot 2.0 system, loot is supposedly going to be actually useful and stats for your class.

I just wonder what you're going to use gold for now?

j00t

Probably the new tradeskill. Besides... Gold having no real value in d2 didn't seem to hurt it

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Gold for rerolling stats (you will be rerolling the fuck out of stats and BLOWING gold I have a feeling) and making gems.

Gold having no real value didn't hurt after they fixed wearing MF gear and gambling
smile.png