Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Since they removed CM entirely, not really. WW itself still does good damage and iirc during the beta there was a legendary combo that was broken again with WW but CMWW is entirely dead. You can still have high freeze uptime with frozen orb and the legendary that freezes on chill and the ice armor that does a permanent aoe and shit like that, but it's not cmww perma freeze.

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
I've pretty much been playing Diablo this whole time. I am loving the patch. Add me if you'd like to play. Vithe#1343

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Just saw they had a patch, probable mentioned in the past few pages not wanting to look back, did they implement the new loot like the ps3 version?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since they removed CM entirely, not really. WW itself still does good damage and iirc during the beta there was a legendary combo that was broken again with WW but CMWW is entirely dead. You can still have high freeze uptime with frozen orb and the legendary that freezes on chill and the ice armor that does a permanent aoe and shit like that, but it's not cmww perma freeze.
Ah yeah, I just saw they removed cm, thats a bummer but I suppose it did need to happen. From the moment I first saw that skill when I first made my wizard I knew that skill was going to be broken.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played my DH last night and it felt comfortable at T4 farming elites / rares. Was just using Ele Arrow / Lightning Rune with crit Caltrops, any new builds or viable ones for torment farming?

Want to mess around on my Barb tonight.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Ah yeah, I just saw they removed cm, thats a bummer but I suppose it did need to happen. From the moment I first saw that skill when I first made my wizard I knew that skill was going to be broken.
I'm glad of it, it was a pain in the ass to spam buttons with that build and it was just too awesome to not use if you wanted to play wizard.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Just saw they had a patch, probable mentioned in the past few pages not wanting to look back, did they implement the new loot like the ps3 version?
Very similar to the console version, its the same smart loot system that 90% caters to your class.

--

I need to look into how to build my monk now, seems like sweeping winds with cyclone proc rate was nerfed. And bell damage was nerfed by ~50%
Also CM wizards were stupid, I'm glad thats gone.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Oh wow. Massive changes to the skill system and most of them look really good at a cursory glance. I am absolutely reinstalling this now and I might even play before the expansion comes out.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Good times, already found 4 1handed unique weapons with interesting effects and crafted a kick ass unique helm. WW build has lost its luster IMO, using HotM and lots of fury builders.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
While the skills that just have number-tweaks might not look that exciting, it really opens up a ton more skills that have never been used, so in a way it's like adding new skills to the game :p

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Blizzard really handles pets and the pre-order wings like garbage. This is why Marvel Heroes is amazing because they take the time to implement the stuff properly.

I pre-ordered RoS and somehow ended up with several of the pets you get. They don't stack either. Derpderpderp.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Didn't play much last night, but my 23 wizard did get a book that I guess makes a level 70 legendary if I track down a vendor for the other part to craft it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Someone just linked a 1300 damage 2h weapon with 22 level requirement reduced. Level 38 twink weapon fosho.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
So to all those that gave been playing the new patch, does this fix the game for you?

or is there still lots of things that ruin it?

Crazily

N00b
My ice build:Wizard - Game Guide - Diablo III

Basically a walking DOT style build. Lay down blizzards while nuking with cone of cold. Any creatures that make it to you taking damage from Frost Nova/Frozen Mist and are usually frozen with Ice armor/ice reflect procs. Great for AOE farm, not so good against single target.

My lighting and ice build:Wizard - Game Guide - Diablo III

Drop Blizzard and then nuke away with electrocute. Pump attack speed with Paragon points and between the slowing/freeze from Blizzard and the Paralysis passive stun from electrocute/chain lighting mobs rarely make it to you. Use Archon to kill elites/bosses.

Those were what I was using last night but I only had about an hour to play...both seemed decent enough. I was playing Torment 3....I have decent gear and am Paragon 61...

I'm enjoying it, put a little bit of time in on my max level Barb and some on a monk that I want to get to cap. The loot is obviously better, with one legendary and one set piece dropping for my Barb in about three hours of play and three legendary items dropping for the monk in three or four hours. The new difficulties feel right and the different buffs that you can get are nice. Its still Diablo 3 though, so take that for what its worth. I did pre-order the xpac after a couple hours of playing though, I think with the addition of adventure mode I will at least get the 40$ out of it, even if the game never reaches D2 levels of play time for me.

Juvarisx

Florida
Did a group in Torment 6 with 250 paragon level 400k damage and 1k toughness. We couldn't kill elites without dying a ton, so its not balanced there around level 60 clearly, but it was amusing to die so much in this game.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So to all those that gave been playing the new patch, does this fix the game for you?

or is there still lots of things that ruin it?
Meh. Still the same old content, but at least there is drops and most of the skills are not shit. It'll be different once RoS releases with new content and game modes.

Myst

Peasant
If I reset all my quests, can I get a new legendary item every time I kill SK? If I go back to SK with my lvl 60 DH, will he drop a legendary around lvl60? I haven't played in for ever and I just read that content levels with you now.

edit: nvm. Seems legendaries are raining down like candy now.