Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Madikus

Knows nothing.
They removed enrage timers on bosses?
Yes, in 1.04. I think ubers still have them to some degree. I also thought I read somewhere that they are/were bringing them back (I could be wrong, don't quote me).

Edit *they removed enrage timers on Elites - I don't know/remember if they did on bosses, I never ran into one.*

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
They removed them on most bosses from non-torment difficulties. If you're farming you probably want to be on at least Torment I, so enrage is still a thing there.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Also when you guys log in you have to actually join the chat for the Rerolled community, for some reason it doesn't auto join

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, if enrage timers for bosses still exist, I guess that ensures I won't try 2.0 out.

I only play hardcore, and fuck enrage timers for that. Never knowing if you even have a chance of killing a boss (based on your gear) before enrage timer hits is just bullshit. Fuck that shit.

I'm so surprised they still exist at all, in any form, in this game. Who thought that was a good idea for an ARPG? Who gives a shit if players want to slowly plink away at a boss and it takes them 15 minutes to kill it? WHO FUCKING CARES?

Blizzard does! You'll play the game THEIR way, or you won't play it at all!

Fucking hacks.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Well, if enrage timers for bosses still exist, I guess that ensures I won't try 2.0 out.

I only play hardcore, and fuck enrage timers for that. Never knowing if you even have a chance of killing a boss (based on your gear) before enrage timer hits is just bullshit. Fuck that shit.

I'm so surprised they still exist at all, in any form, in this game. Who thought that was a good idea for an ARPG? Who gives a shit if players want to slowly plink away at a boss and it takes them 15 minutes to kill it? WHO FUCKING CARES?

Blizzard does! You'll play the game THEIR way, or you won't play it at all!

Fucking hacks.
I don't think they exist anymore.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know they did when I stopped playing about 6 months ago, but I also played a good bit of hardcore before I stopped playing so I know they were so ridiculously long it never should matter, ie you could kill the butcher in inferno with 7k dps.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think they exist anymore.
They are literally referenced in the patch notes. They have existed. As far as I'm aware their timers are huge so no one actually even noticed they still existed, but they do:

In addition, the enrage timers for the following Bosses will only be enabled in Torment I and above:
The Butcher
Zoltun Kulle
Belial
Ghom
Siegebreaker
Rakanoth

Saban_sl

shitlord
You don't get any new gameplay right now if you prepurchase RoS right? Trying to level my monk but its so boring, think i'll wait for templar so i dont kill my urge to play early.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
They are literally referenced in the patch notes. They have existed. As far as I'm aware their timers are huge so no one actually even noticed they still existed, but they do:
Trying to imagine the thought process behind this design just makes my head asplode. Why have enrage timers? Why just in Torment I and above? Why only for certain bosses and not others?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
damn, guess I uninstalled D3 at some point on this machine. Have to download the whole thing instead of just the patch
frown.png

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Killed King leoric and no legendary,,, maybe they changed it? Was a new character.. so first time through,.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there an official RR guild? I am in the banana guild but a ton of people seemed to leave.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Whirlwind barbarian is dead, all hail our new Rend overlords. And hammer of the ancients, lots of hammering for lol 2 million crits.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if I remember correctly, they added enrage timers when people were using tyreal to tank. the enrage timers are like 20 minutes or something stupid. something you're not going to hit unless you are trying to game the encounter with a follower.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Played through about half of Act 1 on Torment 2 today and got more legendaries to drop in that time than I had for the 350-400 hours I had played previous. Four. And three of them were pretty nice upgrades.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How good is sweeping wind for monks now? I'm holding onto 4pc. Inna's, despite the stats being vastly outdated, simply because of the bonus.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Killed King leoric and no legendary,,, maybe they changed it? Was a new character.. so first time through,.
End bosses, not mid bosses.

Also, I wouldn't say WW is dead. The hurricane rune is quite good if you have the fury to sustain it. It takes a lot of supporting skills to do so, though. Rend is great just by itself.