Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is powerleveling still easy? I'm messing around with a brand new Wizard for the patch but it'd be fun to skip ahead a bit and get to the meaty part of the game.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Decided to fire this game up and give it a try. Started playing my 60 wizard on torment 1. I began the quest in search of Leorics crown. Killed the mini boss that drops it and got a pair of legendary shoulders that was an actual upgrade. This is what I'm talking about.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
if I remember correctly, they added enrage timers when people were using tyreal to tank. the enrage timers are like 20 minutes or something stupid. something you're not going to hit unless you are trying to game the encounter with a follower.
No, they definitely existed in much shorter form at some point. Butcher had a 3ish timer at one point, and I was scared shitless to attempt him in Inferno the first time, because I was HC and not using the AH, so my DPS was total ass.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I only got from level 1-43 doing a full runthrough on a fresh HC character
Not too bad i guess lol

Not sure where would be most efficient to get up to 60 now though

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
A buddy of mine just took me from 1-60 and 2 paragon levels in 47 minutes while I hid in the corner on some really tough difficulty.

That was awesome.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah.. PLing is easy as tits doing torment 5 or whatever.
I'm just playing through solo on HC, pretty fun. Lots of consistent upgrades which is pretty baller

Reset my quests, gonna see if SK gives another gauranteed legendary~

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Farming keys for the uber fights seems much worse now, or we're just unlucky. Three of us killed about 8 key wardens on torment 2 and 3, and between all of us we got a total of two keys. Torment 2 is supposed to be I think 30% and 35% for torment 3? With 24 chances to drop, you would think we would have gotten more than two.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I created a new character, equiped a Hellfire ring, set difficulty to Torment 1, and was 23 by the time I killed Skeleton King. You level pretty fast.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I never did get a Hellfire ring, who wants to do the ubers or whatever with me?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Farming keys for the uber fights seems much worse now, or we're just unlucky. Three of us killed about 8 key wardens on torment 2 and 3, and between all of us we got a total of two keys. Torment 2 is supposed to be I think 30% and 35% for torment 3? With 24 chances to drop, you would think we would have gotten more than two.
I never did get a ring made, think I've got 6 machines in the stash. Hit me up next time you guys are running, Phineas#1798

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
So to all those that gave been playing the new patch, does this fix the game for you?

or is there still lots of things that ruin it?
Yes, and no.

ROS will take it all the way, but for right now it's nice to feel like I am working towards something. D2 was all farming, but it was farming for purpose, and even though there was one in D3, you just never saw it. I got two legendaries pre 2.0.1, both were utter shit, and now, I am getting at least a few. Any that suck are at the very least unique graphics for transmog.

Essentially for me, I feel like I am just making headway, like there is progress within progress. That was the key, to D2 I think. You farmed for better gear, even if it was just slightly, but at the same time, all this other stuff could happen. You could get gear for unique builds, or gather for another cow level run etc. And it never felt like you were wasting your time.

Prior to that you just crossed your fingers and hoped you would get a legendary. And if you didn't? Was there anything else there?

I started back up and now I'm farming hellfire rings and just in general really looking forward to the things I can do. And it may seem stupid, but knowing I can be a badass AND look cool, is awesome. Not to mention that all of the legendaries tend to have crazy awesome effects. You're always looking for something to build out of anything.

It made anything I do mean something, even if that something was just a paragon level. For a game that is literally only farming past a certain point, it really needed that.

As for key wardens, on our newbies we ran torment 1 and I got 2 keys out of 4 wardens. Not really enough of a sample size but it doesn't seem too bad yet.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
And there's this:
rrr_img_61333.jpg

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's pretty sweet for transmog and it's a 1h sword with 1158 dps at level 31? That is quite stellar. I assume maybe it's just an error on the paper doll in terms of the level requirement.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I found Thunderfury on my wizard last night, as well as thundergod's vigor belt. Both legendary proc effects work extremely well with thelightning buildI'm using with things like paralysis and wave of force: static pulse.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Loot is absolutely broken right now. Getting a legendary once per 30-60 min on average makes them feel not so legendary.