Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I don't loot anything but legendaries. I have massive pickup radius and I never stop running. So long as you can AOE 1-shot everything, it's pretty easy and mindless. I end up skipping maybe 10% of the mobs in the run, usually the bigger mobs that have the most HP. This is my farming setup - I have a different set of gear and skills for keys and ubers.http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M...43/hero/884947
sent ya a request, id be down to do a few runs see how you execute it, since i sank all my money into my WD i gotta use him as a way to earn cash.

Edit i jus realized that was 50mill worth of EXP.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The bonus for doing mp5+ needs to be increased.

I wouldn't mind duking it out with packs for a worthwhile bonus.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nirgon, I saw this in the Path of Exile thread and thought of you:

Cut-throat

The cut-throat leagues appeal to the niche of players who demand the most hardcore gaming experience possible. In this mode, all world areas are public, with full PvP enabled by default. Slain characters drop all their items upon death. This game mode can also be combined with Hardcore to create an even more unforgiving world.
Thought you might want a heads up since D3 PvP is delayed and the implementation doesn't sound promising.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone know what's with the long maintenance today? A quick search didn't turn up anything about a big patch.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Grats Strife. Never seen a wizard using a Butcher's Sickle before. But after looking at your build, makes sense for the most part. Cheaper than finding an equivalent black damage rare?

I'm assuming that's your farming/xp build? How fast does it do an Alk run and on what MP? I might give Wizard another try after discovering a small but really annoying thing about RLTW: each press of the skill resets nado spawning. Press it often enough(as in, to dump rage for Thrive on Chaos), and you might cut your nado spawning in half. Watching the sprint buff timer like a hawk to get optimal nado spawning is not my idea of a fun time.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I now have 4 of the 5 classes to (at least) P1. Because of the massive XP boost from MP10 + HF ring + helm ruby, only my main is in Inferno still. WD is my final class to level.

I've been tracking what it cost me to buy passable gear for each class at level 60. I'll be posting the detailed pricing once I finish; hopefully it will help people get a bead on current market value of various gear. As a preview, the current gear on my Wiz cost ~6.5mil, DH gear cost ~3.8mil and Monk gear cost ~5.2mil (I don't think the profile has updated; she should be wearing an Inna chest).

I definitely need to get a real DH build, it is currently 100% offense since I had overpowered stuff while leveling and it's starting to get me killed.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Butchers sickle is great for archon because it has everything you need on it already (lifesteal, crit, black dmg) you just need one with a socket, high dps, and + int. The proc on it is actually really helpful, I used to use a pretty nice echoing fury with 1100 dps but sold that for 150m and bought the butchers for 40m and it's just an all around better archon wep. The fear isn't what you need for archon you're so tanky already and the chain grab is useful cause you'll be pulling elites to you where you can arcane strike/blast them instead of using your beam which is far more DPS on big targets. Basically lot of people seem underrate these weps and you can find good ones for cheap.

As for leveling I mostly did MP 3 (never lower than 3), but sometimes when I was bored I would do MP 4-5 with improved archon over teleport. I did two different runs where I would just do the standard alk run and hit core, tower 1, crater 2, keep 2, fields, then remake. that was 70-80m an hour. For most of my leveling I did my own variation of the alk run where I would hit core, tower 1, skycrown battlements, keep 2, crater 2, fields then rakkis and that was probably 60m an hour. The amount of elites you get doing that run is crazy good for mfing though, rakkis and skycrown are the two zones with the most elites in act 3 so adding them in your run will up your legendary rate a lot.

For 95-100 as motivation I stashed all my good legendary then I.D'd them all at the same time, found a nats rings worth 300-400m.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Diablo III is Running on Consoles at Blizzard

Could Blizzard's newest dungeon crawler be a hit in your living room?

If you're still holding out hope that Diablo III will eventually appear on home consoles, Blizzard's recent chat with Polygon should be music to your ears. According to Blizzard's Chief Creative Officer, Rob Pardo, the developer has fully playable versions of Diablo III running on unspecified consoles.
Does anyone still give a fuck?

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Still enjoying this game for some reason but only playing HC and probably done whenever/ifever my WD dies. Last Breath with dog-making mass confusion is interesting as it gives you a whole extra skill slot to play with so to speak, just bumbled into it today. Unfortunately finally bumping into the reflect damage wall more or less.

Moth_sl

shitlord
I quit this game three weeks after launch because I didn't think the loot schemes or skill builds had nearly enough impact on character uniqueness or play style. Has anything changed in these "game changing" patches that might have changed my opinion of that?

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've only played the Monk, so I can't really speak for other classes. There's much less emphasis on mandatory defensive skills now, and if you want to run around like a glass canon blowing shit up, you can do that just fine with a fully offensive skill and gear build. You'll need to go defensive again, though, if you want to play on the highest levels of Monster Power difficulty. They've also added new legendary items and changed rare item rolls, so that you're not basically reduced to automatically ignoring anything that isn't ilvl 63 etc. In that sense game has changed for the better.

However, due in part to how respecializing in this game works vs. for example Diablo 2, you're hard pressed to play a special snowflake build, unless you go all out and pick skills that literally only handicap you; they'll slow you down, but if you play at Inferno + Monster Power 0-1, you'll still be able to get by in all acts whereas 3 weeks post-launch you'd be getting your shit pushed in after leaving Inferno act 1.

In other news, apparently the rumored 'PvP Blog' is stillat least two weeks away, according to Diablofans. In hindsight I was absolutely being naive as hell expecting content of some kind coming out in time for the holidays, but this is making late January or sometime Febuary seem likely. Oh well! I hope the wait is worthwhile, because it'll be kind of awkward if we get some WoW-arena abortion with a "Diablo 3 PvP!" sticker slapped on it.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I quit playing a month after launch, I was even thinking of deleting the game from my HD at the time. I didn't, and a week ago my friend got me to relog and try it out. So far I've been impressed by the changes, definitely steps in the right direction. I especially like the MP leveling, and one of the wisest decisions they've made: allowing MP in Normal-Hell also. It makes leveling alts much more enjoyable and you can tailor the difficulty to suit you.

There are still two big detractors though:

1. Too little randomization in the levels, you constantly feel like there should have been 2x as much variety in level design and landscapes. This could change with an expansion.

2. You are still "forced" to use the AH. This may be more of a pet peeve, as I do enjoy games more that just allow me to find and/or craft upgrades as needed. When I load up a game like D3 I want to spend my time hackin'n'slashin monsters for loot, not playing an AH. Not as sure this can be fixed as easily as the first detractor.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not holding out hope for good PvP, though they pleasantly surprised with 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, so who knows. Today's 8 hrs of downtime for a fuck-all patch was lame.

Moth: you will see numerous loot builds for classes, especially with the revamped legos. Skill variation has increased with less emphasis on defense. For instance, many barbs use the tornado build, but the slam build and HoA build are very viable. Prior to the patches, sword and board frenzy builds were almost necessary to survive. So... maybe enough has changed, hard to say without trying it.