Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So let me ask a different question: if you haven't had a personal upgrade drop while doing paragon exp, have you at least had some items drop that sold for a lot on the AH (i.e. would have likely been upgrades if you were a different class)?
I haven't bothered with Paragon levels yet, burned out on my 60 barb pre patch, so I've been casually working on my WD since (lvl50 now). The most expensive thing I've ever sold on the AH was 60k. I mostly just put stuff up for 15k bid, 30k buyout, if it sells, it sells, if it doesn't i melt it and sell the components. So the most money I have ever had is about 500-600k.

I know I'm probably giving away some good stuff that could prolly be sold for hundreds of k (even millions? who knows?), but fuck it. I can maybe spend 1 hour a day, several days a week playing this game (or any game for that matter), and I just don't have the time, patience, will or desire to go searching the AH for similar statted items to see what they are selling for. If I had a friend who played d3 a shit ton and loved to play the AH I'd prolly just send him all my yellows and tell him to just give me 20% and I'd prolly get far more than I do now, but I don't have someone like that, and to be honest, for a game like Diablo, I find this sort of thing to be the antithesis of what you are supposed to be doing. But that's just me ranting.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You just need some pals on your friends list to link things to until you get the idea of things. That's how I figured out what's worth what.

Learning what are the valuable random stats you can get on legendaries etc.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know I'm probably giving away some good stuff that could prolly be sold for hundreds of k (even millions? who knows?), but fuck it. I can maybe spend 1 hour a day, several days a week playing this game (or any game for that matter), and I just don't have the time, patience, will or desire to go searching the AH for similar statted items to see what they are selling for.
You are in luck. Part of the improvements to the AH is that you can right-click an item in the Sell tab and Search for Items With Similar Stats. One right-click and the search is done for you. Tweak the stats down a little, delete the ones no one cares about (there's a delete button on each row now), run the search, sell yours for less than the lowest comparable buyout. Profit. It's 100x more efficient before where they tied your hands with only 3 stats and you had to enter & delete everything manually (which was fucking awful).

These changes took the AH from awful to bearable IMO.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Surprised no one is playing HC. Still having a lot of fun. Economy is pretty great, even crappy mainstate/vit/AR items still sell for 50k and any end game legendaries even terrible rolls sell for 1m+. Every day I pick up 1-3 mil in gold from the AH in an hour or two of play. Of course that means I've been saving for a zuni chest for like 2 weeks because they start at 35mil...

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
I agree too, the AH is the single biggest issue I have with the game. Or more specifically, being forced to use it. This, coupled with how seldom skill upgrades happen (by that I mean, you ding and go and make changes to your character, or put points in a stat or something like that, the way d2 or Torchlight 1/2 work) means that you are much less aware of actual progress in the game.
Nail on the head right there. The game is fun, no doubt, but I just can't buy the "we're protecting players" bit from Blizzard leadership around the decisions made to keep and integrate the AH. It is the biggest issue with me enjoying the game. I haven't really gotten anything to drop that's worth more than 1-2M, in any run, and I have *never* landed an actual upgrade from playing my monk since returning in 1.05. Not once.

That should speak volumes about how different this game is from D2, and how far away it veers from the magic formula that D2 had. I don't really feel the *need* to log in, like I did in D2 - if I just did one more Pindle run, or one more Meph run on NM, there's a good chance I would see a unique, and that I might be able to use it or trade it.

With Diablo 3, my mind is now thinking "What could this be worth on the AH, and then in turn which piece of gear needs that small, incremental upgrade using the money that I get from the sale of the item I looted but cannot use." - this is totally ass-backwards in my view and really, ultimately will lead to me dropping the game again. Perhaps sooner rather than later.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
You are in luck. Part of the improvements to the AH is that you can right-click an item in the Sell tab and Search for Items With Similar Stats. One right-click and the search is done for you. Tweak the stats down a little, delete the ones no one cares about (there's a delete button on each row now), run the search, sell yours for less than the lowest comparable buyout. Profit. It's 100x more efficient before where they tied your hands with only 3 stats and you had to enter & delete everything manually (which was fucking awful).

These changes took the AH from awful to bearable IMO.
Oh. My. God! This is amazing! Thank you for letting me know! I was just talking about this with a friend saying "why don't they let you search for items with the same stats?" "They'll prolly never implement that!" You just made my day good sir!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
@Angry Amadeus, I think they will ultimately realise the mistake they made with the AH system. I certainly hope that other game developers do and DO NOT go down this path. Sure, they may see $ in their eyes from their cut of the RMAH, but sweet fuck it's just not a fun aspect of the game.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh. My. God! This is amazing! Thank you for letting me know! I was just talking about this with a friend saying "why don't they let you search for items with the same stats?" "They'll prolly never implement that!" You just made my day good sir!
No problem, hopefully that helps improve your cash flow without a lot of hassle.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Now if only they had a "Reset" button to clear all of the stats and search form.
I agree, it would be nice. However, if you want to completely clear out the search form, closing and opening the AH will do it quickly. If you are selling multiple items, you can just right-click Search for Similar on the next item and it will reset and fill out the fields properly.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
atm I think im aroudn 500k gold, i spent what i had on that skorn, and im open to any possibility its just a build i saw and seemed to work, i will say i can't handle mp2 or higher atm

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
atm I think im aroudn 500k gold, i spent what i had on that skorn, and im open to any possibility its just a build i saw and seemed to work, i will say i can't handle mp2 or higher atm
If you have a Skorn, a Seismic Slam build works well. I'm biased though, since I use it. For either Slam or Tornado build, Crit Chance is very important. I'm not in front of the AH right now, so I'm not sure how far 500k will go. But the first step would be to get CC in every slot it is available: helm, ammy, rings, gloves, bracer. Weapon Master will give you another 10% CC with Skorn, so you are good there.

Your Vit is pretty low, even though you have lots of %Life. This should actually be helpful, because the Vit you add will be multiplied up. Blackthorne's was a good call, but too many other slots are Vit free.

If you could swap out the Bul-Kathos ring for a Str/Vit/LoH/CC ring, that would be helpful. Getting CC on the helm would be big as well. Since you are using LifeSteal, upping your DPS also helps survivability.

Also, upgrade the gem in your Skorn to at least a Star, preferably higher. Extra CD will make a big difference as you bring your CC up.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You would think that you'd get better stuff from higher MP levels, but it doesn't seem to work that way. The best shit I've gotten has all been from MP 0 and 1. I've been doing MP7 almost exclusively this week and I haven't found a single thing worth selling. I'm finally attempting to get a hellfire ring. So far, I've used 6 infernal machines at MP5 and gotten 1 item. Not ideal. I think I can probably solo them at MP6, but not sure about anything higher than that.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Don't worry about the higher MPs unless key farming or killing ubers.
It takes so long to farm the infernal machine parts solo. I did, tried and beat the mini bosses duo on MP3, and nothing.

People talk about the WoW-ification of this game. It's really true. With the infernal machine and hellfire ring quest, they (essentially) require forced grouping. Combine that with the required AH, and hot damn - two steps further away from the magic that was D2.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I would honestly pick up every yellow even if you're vendoring it until upgrades you purchase are no longer in the 2mil range.

I think a full drop to the vendor is worth... 20k?

It takes time just a little time. Most people come back, farm for a day or two and throw in the towel... unless I spot them a lil $ and advice.

If you get to the point you can farm up some infernal machines, I got a group to run you through your hellfire rings, the more machines the merrier. You want to bring 3x machines per run cuz we're burned out of farming em, but if I have some on deck for some reason I'd spot ya.
i fall into this category but its not cause i dont have $ or the gear, my gear isnt amazing but i can truck through mp6/7 for keys.. and mp1 is easy as fuck, just feels so blah, maybe its my WD idk man just feels bad when i try to play....

i couldent even stomach farming 1 single infernal machine...
lets play sometime man show me the light
wink.png

wink.png

wink.png

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I stopped playing a few weeks before GW2 launch but it's good to see the game turned it around (maybe?). If anyone wants to group with a Monk let me know, I'm sure my gear is shit compared to what's good now but iirc I was in Act 2 or 3 of Inferno before I called it. Patching now, I'll update with my tag when it loads.