Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't you have to go thru the story anyways? What is the point of being level 60 then being forced to run the story anyways? May as well kill two birds with one stone.
I honestly have no idea. I was planning on just having my friend make games at all the "boss" locations and do that for my free legendaries. I'm playing very half-assed.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I honestly have no idea. I was planning on just having my friend make games at all the "boss" locations and do that for my free legendaries. I'm playing very half-assed.
Well a few things. You only get the free legendary if you're below level 60 except for Diablo which drops one each time. If you do that approach you won't be able to reset quests because to unlock reset quests you need to achieve every checkpoint of every quest.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You never made ANY marquise gems playing for as long as you did.

What NIRGON said!!!!
Nope! Everytime I had the money for it, 10% crit(lol at throwing money at a marquise gem in a non helm/weapon slot) was not that big of an upgrade compared to others I could get off the AH.

Just never had that much gold. I also probably wasted a bunch of gold in the AH's 15% fees by buying up some gear, trying out a class, disliking the class/build, and reselling the gear.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Don't you have to go thru the story anyways? What is the point of being level 60 then being forced to run the story anyways? May as well kill two birds with one stone.
Eh, may as well just run through the story at 60, once the expansion launches. Realistically, you're going to run through all the acts with every character anyways. This way, you start your 60 at COTA, get a few(one, if you're fast)legendaries before Diablo, another oneatDiablo(this might've been confirmed as changing on RoS release), and then move on to act V. If you play through the whole story going 1-60, you get a bunch of horrible drops. I'd much rather play through it at 60, getting stuff that is at least somewhat useable heading into RoS. Otherwise, you get 60 around the time of Act 4, and have to farm/go through story-mode again anyways.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Just never had that much gold. I also probably wasted a bunch of gold in the AH's 15% fees by buying up some gear, trying out a class, disliking the class/build, and reselling the gear.
Ya, now I feels ya. I never got adventerous like I could have.

Now with loot 2.0 I'm hoping things will drop, even shitty versions, but they never do.

Probably because I'm a DH getting 1 handed swords, 2 handed axes/maces/monk staffs and other items that I absolutely would NEVER use.Ever.

They might as well just start putting int/str on my shit again.

Point being, I have this SNEAKING SUSPICION that within 600 paragon levels I won't have all the gear I want to complete a build. Even shitty rolled versions of it. That's a huge problem for me and why I liked the old system more. How do I know this is a legit feeling? I'm talking to guys in the high 400s nearly 500s who haven't seen a single version of their item drop. What hope is there for people who don't have 500+ paragons in them of ever seeing even a shitty version of some build defining drop they want?

To continue on that, it's getting to the point that I will just completely stop at certain points now right after a legendary I have absolutely have no use ever for drops because I know it will be an hour or two before I even see another one. The auction house used to be filled with that shit... even scrubby versions I could try and see "well a better version of this would really make it awesome" then save up for the better version.

That said, I'm happy, its fun but loot 2.0 wasn't exactly a step forward for me because I can't even trade to get shitty versions of what I want in a trade channel.

Crazily

N00b
That sounds so fucking inefficient, you can just play through story at the moment and be level 30 at the end of act 1 if you increase difficulty.
Cota is ridiculous XP, it's not inefficient at all. I was Para level 59 when 2.0 dropped and I am now 231. Learn to Cota and you will be making 1 bill+ xp per hour.

Here's some hints, wizards are best at it and homing pads make it ez mode.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Double exp confirmed~
10151783_10151978021456641_822401952_n.jpg

Guess i'll play some diablo this weekend for some o dat' paragon exp, since im far behind on softcore
frown.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
What hope is there for people who don't have 500+ paragons in them of ever seeing even a shitty version of some build defining drop they want?
The answer to that is gambling. They adjusted drop rates because of gambling. They want you to use gambling to fill in your remaining pieces. Want a kridershot? Gamble on 2h bows until you get one. Want a cindercoat? Gamble on chest pieces until you get one.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't forget there will be gambling in the expac. You can increase your chances of getting a drop by spending all your blood shard gambling that base item.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
At 100% xp for the weekend I think I'll level my remaining classes as well. Got Wizard in the mid-40's and Monk at like 12. COTA runs for dayssss

Behemoth_sl

shitlord
I gambled ~7,000 blood shards on helms in beta both before and after the gambling legendary drop nerf and got exactly 0 legendaries.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How long does it take to acquire 7k shards? And is it similar to gambling in D2 where gambling certain ilvl or base items might restrict it from rolling as a legendary?

Behemoth_sl

shitlord
It's not really gambling, just think of shards as currency and you are buying a mystery item with that currency. I did most of the 7k when you could still split farm and get them 4x too fast, but with a group you can probably get 500 (the max you can hold at one time) in a few hours on higher torment .