Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Nola

Trakanon Raider
After crap for loot, I finally spent a day just farming, and got lucky a few times...

I'm pretty much have settled on this build. I can take a beating and do pretty good DPS. The charged up on provoke is insane.

BrahmaDog - Community - Diablo III
Yeah the key with this game is just take a few days of doing rifts and bounties and not rush into torment. I spent about 3 hours farming bounties last night and got an Azurewrath and Telrandens Hand. HUGE dps upgrade for my monk holy build. I socketed them with green gems upping my dps by 120k. Those are the only legendary items I own and rest are rare drops. Now I can comfortably farm expert/master difficulty on my monk ans once I hit the 500k dps mark I will start farming torment 1 for better weapons and set gear.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Kinda depends on your drop luck though, if your first 2 legendaries from malthael are weapons, there's a good chance you can go straight into torment once you fix your toughness to not die, which is done with shitty rares with enough all resist/vit(even without OWE matching). Oh and yeah, unless they fixed it, the very first time you quest reset after RoS, you can start directly in act5. Technically would be faster to just get someone to open a TP at pandemonium though. You get 2 legendaries from malthael on a new 70char, assuming you had a full story the first time and did act5 fully, and as long as you don't care about not having any storymode waypoints until you reclear.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If There is still any room in the guild I would appreciate an invite. An officer could also post there info and I can look for one when I log on.

Account Name: Widowmaker#1459

Thank you in advance.

I heard about another farm trick that can be done to farm Legendaries, but it works best with a 4 man group. This is one reason I would like a guild.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
If There is still any room in the guild I would appreciate an invite. An officer could also post there info and I can look for one when I log on.

Account Name: Widowmaker#1459

Thank you in advance.

I heard about another farm trick that can be done to farm Legendaries, but it works best with a 4 man group. This is one reason I would like a guild.
What is this trick you speak of?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yep, characters are in limbo. I got a response from Blizz support saying i'm basically shit out of luck/they don't know what's wrong/maybe maintenance will fix it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
on master, or try and tag along somehow on torment?
If someone can carry you on torment at a decent pace it'd be better, but if your gear is awful and theirs not so good you're not gonna be killing that much so you're probably better off doing like expert on your own. Running bounties non stop ensures you get some gold/xp(for paragon, which isn't too important once you're at 100+ but before that is imo very important) and gives rift thingies, and rifts give blood shards+forgotten souls and blood shards let you gamble a fuckton of rares, most of which will be trash but some of which will be BiS until you find a really good legendary for the spot(gloves for example basically can roll 4 offensive stats, rares with those 4 stats will trash a legendary that doesn't have them in most cases). Also you do get legendaries relatively often from gambling now, I wanna say like one every 100items or so, if you gamble the 5bloodshard armor stuff that means about 10rifts worth of bloodshards.

Another thing to do is to farm torment 6 chests in various places like core of arreat or the crypts in act1 looking for matriarch/jar of souls events(which both don't require fighting and drop loot at the end, as long as you do them in story mode and not in adventure). You need fast movespeed for this to be worth it though, basically DH/Monk only, maybe barb too. The events also give massive xp and gold(I think like 25millions xp and 150k gold) so they're really great for starting, but the class restriction for efficiency sucks and if you don't move fast enough, you'll get killed.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep, characters are in limbo. I got a response from Blizz support saying i'm basically shit out of luck/they don't know what's wrong/maybe maintenance will fix it.
The real ballbuster is it locks you out of your account completely not just that character. I wouldn't be as frustrated if I could run an alt or something.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Legendaries seem streaky, you can farm something for a while and it won't drop shit, then it seems to drop a lot for a while. I don't think they nerfed anything, people always seem to say that when they get bad luck for a bit. Assuming you believe it was nerfed, there's at least 3more places with mobs similarily placed next to a checkpoint I know of, the snake in the acqueducts in act2(used to be very common to farm it), the demon that's fighting Tyrael in gardens of hope 2 in act4(the checkpoint literally is on top of the mob, just don't talk to tyrael), this guy also drops demon skin for well, demonskin armor and then there's malthael mobs right before pandemonium 3 but these can spawn with mobs and require more running. Might be others too.

Unless they specifically say it's nerfed, I don't really think it is. People have claimed core of arreat was nerfed multiple times but you can still run it and it still is fine. Just you'll sometimes run an hour and get jackshit to show, then some other time you run it an hour and get 5legendaries.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Got a legendary on first kill, the mat on 3 consecutive then a drought of nothing (maybe 6 kills) that seemed almost consistently to be 2 yellow and a blue, with an occasional gem. Just had the mat drop again. Still chipping away, solo on T6.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Kinda depends on your drop luck though, if your first 2 legendaries from malthael are weapons, there's a good chance you can go straight into torment once you fix your toughness to not die, which is done with shitty rares with enough all resist/vit(even without OWE matching). Oh and yeah, unless they fixed it, the very first time you quest reset after RoS, you can start directly in act5. Technically would be faster to just get someone to open a TP at pandemonium though. You get 2 legendaries from malthael on a new 70char, assuming you had a full story the first time and did act5 fully, and as long as you don't care about not having any storymode waypoints until you reclear.
Can anyone confirm the quest reset that starts you in act 5?
Also any monks that has torment 1 on farm, what dps and toughness did you start it in? I was told 500 dps (I'm at 420k) was good but I'm not sure about the toughness.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can anyone confirm the quest reset that starts you in act 5?
Also any monks that has torment 1 on farm, what dps and toughness did you start it in? I was told 500 dps (I'm at 420k) was good but I'm not sure about the toughness.
Well it did on both my chars, but it only seems to work once, the 2nd time I quest reset on my DH, it started from act1. That said, if you're in a guild or have any friends, you can just mooch off a TP to pandemonium 2 and run to malthael directly from there. You don't need to clear anything for your legendary, you only need to clear if you want to reset again, for another.

Just tried Manglemaw trick and didn't have a TP portal after I got checkpoint.
Need to be on story mode, adventure mode doesn't actually do checkpoints even though you get popups.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still 3950002ed since this morning, prolly fucked til maintenance. Also if you're just now noticing the abysmal drop rates on legendary crafting drops you haven't been listening to wizards trying to make a decent Cosmic Strand (Glowing ore drop). Fucking awful just to find the rares up let alone get the drop.